• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump 101: Raise Taxes On The Poor, Cut Taxes For The Rich

The republican party in u.s. has become the most evil scum on planet earth. They put money before humanity. America, wake up. Get off your lazy *** and vote these Republicans out. We are self destructing. Either CV vote or get ready for a CV reval

Sent from my Z899VL using Steeler Nation mobile app

The republican party in u.s. has become the most evil scum on planet earth. They put money before humanity. America, wake up. Get off your lazy *** and vote these Republicans out. We are self destructing. Either CV vote or get ready for a CV reval

You must not have heard of the Clintons. You need to get out more.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

You must not have heard of the Clintons. You need to get out more.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

From the sound of it, Antony doesn't leave mommy's basement at all.

PcJMWM8.jpg
Q8HQ7G2.jpg

That Jefferson quote is rather amusing, didn't he live off the free labor of his slaves.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stanco...nent-1-trillion-federal-deficit/#7a9acaf7a652

Trump could be setting the stage for permanent 1 trillion annual deficits. Anyone that thinks we can afford tax cuts with a nearly 700 billion dollar deficit
already is out of their gourd. The only thing for sure is when you don't pay for government spending when it occurs, you'll pay higher taxes in the future.

Did you tell that to Obama?? How many trillion did he set us back?

And you, in your elitist wisdom, also see that it could be lower if we weren't helping defend every ******* country on the ******* planet at our own ******* expense.

thank you, flog, for supporting YOUR President, Donald J. Trump.

Riiiight. Trump would have pulled our troops out of Niger had he any ******* clue they were there in th first place.

DOH!

Obama was handed deficits as a result of the Bush tax cuts and the financial crisis, he was managing them lower.
We should continue managing them lower and toward a surplus, so we can payback our debt.

Obama was handed deficits as a result of the Bush tax cuts and the financial crisis, he was managing them lower.
We should continue managing them lower and toward a surplus, so we can payback our debt.

The issue is not the Bush tax cuts. The issue is that spending never gets cut. We were spending more than we take in prior to the Bush tax cuts. The problem is congress on both sides of the aisle wants to continue buying votes with pork. They even call it a "cut" when they increase the spending on a program by 5% and had originally wanted to increase it by 10%.

The root cause of which can be traced back to Reagan.

With CONservatives it's always up is down and down is up.

I could go on with the idiotic post from Supe above yours where he repeats the tired narrative that we spend money to" protect other nations" and other nonsense in his post, like giving troops "the best weapons".

He's clueless as to how the world works, and America's motives and place in it.

Twatty thinks giving $ billions to Iran and a pathway to nukes was a great idea. Dumbfuck...

The root cause of which can be traced back to Reagan.

With CONservatives it's always up is down and down is up.

I could go on with the idiotic post from Supe above yours where he repeats the tired narrative that we spend money to" protect other nations" and other nonsense in his post, like giving troops "the best weapons".

He's clueless as to how the world works, and America's motives and place in it.

edumucate me then.
please tell me what would happen if we up and pulled our troops out of all these nations.

I believe there was a recent example where we just pulled out of a place after toppling a regime. Can't quite place where it was. Someplace lovely, with a lot of scenery - mountains and such.

Nobody, not even your dear Obama is managing any deficits lower. Maybe slowing the rate in which they rise, but NO ONE is managing any deficits lower. To say otherwise is nonsense.

No matter what anyone says, both sides of Congress want more deficits. They just get to it in different ways.

You can stimulate the economy in two ways: cut taxes or increase federal spending. They both work inefficiently because Republicans never really fix the tax code when they so-called "cut taxes" and often it's just a short-term tax credit where middle America gets to pocket $1000/year and that money feeds the economy. The democrats spending increases aren't that efficient because, well, government spending is never efficient.

And because so much or federal government spending is already fixed and there is only a small piece of the pie that is discretionary in every budget, in EITHER of these scenarios, short-term, the year-to-year deficit spending goes up.

And both systems rely on the short-term deficits to end because the stimulus caused by either of their systems eventually kicks in and result in increased federal revenue. This normally happens about 2-3 years after the "tax cut" or after the government expansion.

That's why we're never really going to change anything on this issue. Too much of our federal government right now is almost untouchable.

The only changes we've seen over the past 50 years have really been small government expansions (more federal programs) by Democrats, then a Republican comes in, cuts those programs (they never get all of them) and offer a short-term tax cut.

That's why I'd love to actually see tax reform and not a tax cut. Sure, there are some taxes that should be lowered. But the new tax law doesn't have to reduce federal revenue for me really to be behind it. What I really want is just a complete re-write of the code, simplification, get rid of the countless loop holes and deductions that only the wealthy seem to use. We can make the tax code simpler and keep revenue the same and then hope the REFORM stimulates the economy even though there isn't any real net cash gains in the tax law for America (poor, middle or upper class).

At the same time continue to SLOW DOWN spending increases on programs, which are written to always increase at a rate it seem faster than the economy (especially under Obama's economy). The travesty of the Obama Presidency is not just his deficit spending. It's that his spending resulted in so little growth. And that his spending programs have written in increases that have outpaced the growth rate he predicted when first becoming President. It's embarrassing to the Democrats that they write and pass spending programs but aren't willing to cut spending if costs or growth don't support the program in the first place. That is the definition of Democrat tax-and-spend policies that I just can't ever get behind.