• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump asks Robert F Kennedy to chair vaccine safety commission?

Why do you denigrate vaccine damages?

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Vaccines do not cause autism. Numerous large scale scientific studies in this country and others have shown no higher rates of autism in vaccinated populations compared to unvaccinated populations. There are gray areas sometimes where the science is not proven...this is not one of them.

Are there adverse reactions to vaccines in tiny percentages of the population? Absolutely. Just like there are adverse reactions to Advil, Tylenol, antibiotics, chemotherapy and every other medical intervention ever created. Not a reason to stop using them, especially when millions of lives are at stake.

RFK looked and sounded drunk when he made that statement, I wonder if its accurate.

Vaccines do not cause autism. Numerous large scale scientific studies in this country and others have shown no higher rates of autism in vaccinated populations compared to unvaccinated populations. There are gray areas sometimes where the science is not proven...this is not one of them.

Are there adverse reactions to vaccines in tiny percentages of the population? Absolutely. Just like there are adverse reactions to Advil, Tylenol, antibiotics, chemotherapy and every other medical intervention ever created. Not a reason to stop using them, especially when millions of lives are at stake.

I've never said that any vaccine causes anything. i have said that we, or researchers, don't fully understand the long term effects of complex vaccines and the presumed sequential application of same. We simply don't have the mathematical capability to understand things this complex. That we don't have an easy way to understand doesn't absolve us of attempting to gain that understanding.

There is a radius of suboptimal results in any population with each vaccine/medicine. Adding more and more, without understanding the complexity of interactions (is there any testing of sequential vaccine applications?) means that the law of unintended consequences can lead to significant effects. This doesn't mean that vaccines are bad, or are untested. Rather, that the complex interactions of every larger numbers of vaccinations have consequences, and those consequences don't seem to have been quantified. The contraindications to the complex vaccines are simply not known with any degree of certainty. Nor is the long term effect of continual, seequential use/overuse of vaccines.

This is a situation that may bear similarities to the overuse of antibiotics. Repeated, sequential usage can have catastrophic, unintended consequences for individuals and populations. This doesn't mean that most shouldn't use antibiotics (I'm on my last day of an amoxicillin course as I type this), but does mean that we simply don't understand the long term effects of sequential overuse, or even how to define that over-use. Much more needs to be understood about the complex, long term interactions, and modeled efficacies on populations of different peoples before we can suggest that we understand how to properly evaluate the adverse reactions and real cost/benefit.

Here is an interesting read in vaccine pharmacovigillance:

http://isoponline.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Introduction-to-Vaccine-Pharmacovigilance.pdf

It is great that global groups are becoming interested in this public health safety....It is also instructive to note their concerns, especially with regards to testing, populations and the complexities and sequencing.

There is much unknown, and adding more complexity does not make resolving the issues any easier.

It is way easier to trust the drug companies.

I've never said that any vaccine causes anything. i have said that we, or researchers, don't fully understand the long term effects of complex vaccines and the presumed sequential application of same. We simply don't have the mathematical capability to understand things this complex. That we don't have an easy way to understand doesn't absolve us of attempting to gain that understanding.

There is a radius of suboptimal results in any population with each vaccine/medicine. Adding more and more, without understanding the complexity of interactions (is there any testing of sequential vaccine applications?) means that the law of unintended consequences can lead to significant effects. This doesn't mean that vaccines are bad, or are untested. Rather, that the complex interactions of every larger numbers of vaccinations have consequences, and those consequences don't seem to have been quantified. The contraindications to the complex vaccines are simply not known with any degree of certainty. Nor is the long term effect of continual, seequential use/overuse of vaccines.

This is a situation that may bear similarities to the overuse of antibiotics. Repeated, sequential usage can have catastrophic, unintended consequences for individuals and populations. This doesn't mean that most shouldn't use antibiotics (I'm on my last day of an amoxicillin course as I type this), but does mean that we simply don't understand the long term effects of sequential overuse, or even how to define that over-use. Much more needs to be understood about the complex, long term interactions, and modeled efficacies on populations of different peoples before we can suggest that we understand how to properly evaluate the adverse reactions and real cost/benefit.

Here is an interesting read in vaccine pharmacovigillance:

http://isoponline.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Introduction-to-Vaccine-Pharmacovigilance.pdf

It is great that global groups are becoming interested in this public health safety....It is also instructive to note their concerns, especially with regards to testing, populations and the complexities and sequencing.

There is much unknown, and adding more complexity does not make resolving the issues any easier.

It is way easier to trust the drug companies.

That's all well and good, but appointing someone as chair of a commission on vaccine safety who goes around promoting a well-debunked cause and effect relationship doesn't seem like the best way to advance that knowledge. Why Robert Kennedy? Why not an experienced, credentialed scientist? You don't appoint Robert Kennedy as chair of this commission unless you have a specific agenda in mind. Political agendas should not trump science.

This is what scares me about Trump...he's reactionary, easily influenced by bogus rhetoric...

Like I said, no official announcement yet, hopefully this isn't going to actually happen.

RFK looked and sounded drunk when he made that statement, I wonder if its accurate.

Well, he is a Kennedy after all.

The story has been updated. Just hoping his advisors can reign him in.

“The President-elect enjoyed his discussion with Robert Kennedy Jr. on a range of issues and appreciates his thoughts and ideas,” Trump transition spokeswoman Hope Hicks said in a statement. “The President-elect is exploring the possibility of forming a commission on autism, which affects so many families; however no decisions have been made at this time.

“The President-elect looks forward to continuing the discussion about all aspects of autism with many groups and individuals,” she added.

That's all well and good, but appointing someone as chair of a commission on vaccine safety who goes around promoting a well-debunked cause and effect relationship doesn't seem like the best way to advance that knowledge. Why Robert Kennedy? Why not an experienced, credentialed scientist? You don't appoint Robert Kennedy as chair of this commission unless you have a specific agenda in mind. Political agendas should not trump science.

This is what scares me about Trump...he's reactionary, easily influenced by bogus rhetoric...

Like I said, no official announcement yet, hopefully this isn't going to actually happen.

Creating discussion about the issue(s), and having real debate -- especially when it is uncomfortable -- is a great way to learn.

It is ironic that you say "Political agendas should not trump science" when it is very clear that vaccine makers enjoy political protections far and above those afforded any other drug maker, at exactly the same time that drug lobbyists exert the largest spending on politicians.

Viewed from a distance, the potential for conflict, or at least for politicizing agendas, is very clear. Right?

Creating discussion about the issue(s), and having real debate -- especially when it is uncomfortable -- is a great way to learn.

It is ironic that you say "Political agendas should not trump science" when it is very clear that vaccine makers enjoy political protections far and above those afforded any other drug maker, at exactly the same time that drug lobbyists exert the largest spending on politicians.

Viewed from a distance, the potential for conflict, or at least for politicizing agendas, is very clear. Right?

I'm not sure what you're arguing here. Is it your belief that Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Is a good choice to chair a national vaccine safety commission? Based on what exactly? What medical or scientific qualifications does he have that would merit such an appointment?