• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump budget expected to seek historic cuts to federal workforce

Take this for what it's worth.

I worked for a company and we hired a technical guy straight out of the Marines. Great guy, super smart, lower-level officer. He told me in the late 90s that our defense departments often run simulations. In every simulation they'd run of the US v China, we'd lose. No derivation provided a win. We simply run out of bullets before they run out of people. 1.325Billion people v 320Million people is a distinct advantage.

Who programmed those simulations, RAND? I ask for a very specific reason but I won't go into it.

Your friend, while probably a sharp guy like you said was misinformed or participating in a limited modeling scenario that didn't include the social aspects of life in China. The Chinese army is not a professional army, it is an arm of the communist party(conscripted foot soldiers led by party *** kissers). The Chinese military is also nowhere near ours in terms of employment of force multiplication, i.e. if they had to fight outside their borders they would be shredded by our Navy alone because of this weakness.

You also have to look at their technology. They can't even at this point in time build a decent jet engine, they have to copy from the Russians and that usually amounts to inferior copies of whatever they're building.

They may in the future threaten our supremacy in technology, but even if they do human capital will remain their weakness as long as their political system remains oppressive.

Had to come back and edit this because I just remembered one other aspect of this scenario; the last time China was engaged in a hot war was 1979..for one month against the Vietnamese, meanwhile how much experience does the U.S. have since 1979?

At this point in a conventional war where they are attempting to expand beyond their borders, they are no match.

Last edited:
Who programmed those simulations, RAND? I ask for a very specific reason but I won't go into it.

Your friend, while probably a sharp guy like you said was misinformed or participating in a limited modeling scenario that didn't include the social aspects of life in China. The Chinese army is not a professional army, it is an arm of the communist party(conscripted foot soldiers led by party *** kissers). The Chinese military is also nowhere near ours in terms of employment of force multiplication, i.e. if they had to fight outside their borders they would be shredded by our Navy alone because of this weakness.

You also have to look at their technology. They can't even at this point in time build a decent jet engine, they have to copy from the Russians and that usually amounts to inferior copies of whatever they're building.

They may in the future threaten our supremacy in technology, but even if they do human capital will remain their weakness as long as their political system remains oppressive.

At this point in a conventional war where they are attempting to expand beyond their borders, they are no match.

This was 1996 when he told me this information, while we were in Okinawa on business together.

The Useless Nations. Time to get the UN out of the US and the US out of the UN.

I always wonder why every time there is a shutdown of the government they say only non-essential personnel are laid off. If they are non-essential why do they even have a job? How bout we just eliminate those jobs and save all that money.

I always wonder why every time there is a shutdown of the government they say only non-essential personnel are laid off. If they are non-essential why do they even have a job? How bout we just eliminate those jobs and save all that money.

And notice, when there is a shutdown, it has very little impact on the average person's life.

And notice, when there is a shutdown, it has very little impact on the average person's life.

I think this has been pretty obvious for a while now and the Trump team is using it to good advantage.

President Trump, who still has hundreds of senior level positions to fill at nearly every federal agency, told interviewers last week that "you don't need all those jobs."

But even if that's the case, simply leaving posts vacant may not be the best way to accomplish what adviser Stephen Bannon referred to as "deconstructing the administrative state."

Some 1,100 political positions require Senate confirmation, and so far Trump has nominated just a handful. None of the deputy secretaries or undersecretaries at the Department of State have been named, for instance.

At the Pentagon, the No. 3 job, undersecretary for policy, remains unfilled. At Homeland Security, two key posts overseeing Trump's immigration crackdown — the directors of Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Customs and Border Protection, are held by acting directors. Trump has yet to name a FEMA director or TSA administrator.

Other high level posts at the Treasury, the Department of Justice and Department of Health and Human Services are likewise filled by acting heads or remain vacant.

Maybe the president wants it that way.

After all, he told Fox News last week, he doesn't want to fill "a lot of those jobs ... (because) they're unnecessary. It's people, over people, over people. I say, what do all those people do? You don't need all those jobs."

Light agrees the federal leadership hierarchy "has been thickening, president after president, for the last 50 years."
http://www.npr.org/2017/03/06/51840...is-he-deconstructing-the-administrative-state

U.N. Official Admits Global Warming Agenda Is Really About Destroying Capitalism

At a news conference last week in Brussels, Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of U.N.'s Framework Convention on Climate Change, admitted that the goal of environmental activists is not to save the world from ecological calamity but to destroy capitalism.

20170203_jobs.jpg

She said very casually:

“This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution.”

She even restated that goal ensuring it was not a mistake:

“This is probably the most difficult task we have ever given ourselves, which is to intentionally transform the economic development model for the first time in human history.”

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/climate-change-scare-tool-to-destroy-capitalism/

Last edited:

dilbert_easiest_round_of_layoffs_ever.jpg

A friend of mine is a military spouse. She is OUTRAGED over this because she feels that now military spouses will be marginalized and won't be able to get jobs anywhere they go. As if the ONLY PEOPLE WHO WORK FOR THE GOV'T are military spouses....and as if military spouses can't work outside a base.

U.N. Official Admits Global Warming Agenda Is Really About Destroying Capitalism

At a news conference last week in Brussels, Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of U.N.'s Framework Convention on Climate Change, admitted that the goal of environmental activists is not to save the world from ecological calamity but to destroy capitalism.

20170203_jobs.jpg

She said very casually:

“This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution.”

“This is probably the most difficult task we have ever given ourselves, which is to intentionally transform the economic development model for the first time in human history.”

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/climate-change-scare-tool-to-destroy-capitalism/

Yep, she said that a couple years ago. Another one....

th

hdq9l7d.jpg

because those jobs are already accounted for by the taxes you paid.
that, and you're racist.
racist.

Something to consider. If you want to bring America, and by extension the west, to her knees, just set off a couple EMP's over the US.

If you have some time, read "One Second After" by William Forstchen. The novel is fiction, but it is frightening when you think about it. Our enemies are actively seeking this technology. It is actually pretty simple stuff. Delivery is the problem. Read the book. It is something else.

Something to consider. If you want to bring America, and by extension the west, to her knees, just set off a couple EMP's over the US.

If you have some time, read "One Second After" by William Forstchen. The novel is fiction, but it is frightening when you think about it. Our enemies are actively seeking this technology. It is actually pretty simple stuff. Delivery is the problem. Read the book. It is something else.

Being a gearhead, a long time ago I thought of writing a movie script about America getting paralyzed with an EMP blast and the day is saved by Mexicans in '64 Chevy low riders , the only cars that still run since they don't have computers.

Being a gearhead, a long time ago I thought of writing a movie script about America getting paralyzed with an EMP blast and the day is saved by Mexicans in '64 Chevy low riders , the only cars that still run since they don't have computers.

My book idea is an actuary that tries to save the USA from bankruptcy by becoming a serial killer and killing off SS and Medicare recipients. It will be a real page turner.

20170203_jobs.jpg

She said very casually:

Pass

1971 Chevy Blazer modified to run on propane. (Not that I've thought about it or anything.) :)