• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump has chosen retired Marine Gen. James Mattis for secretary of defense

Spike

Reaction score
MAD DOG!!!!!

220px-James_Mattis.jpg

President-elect Donald Trump has chosen retired Marine Gen. James N. Mattis to be secretary of defense, nominating a former senior military officer who led operations across the Middle East to run the Pentagon less than four years after he hung up his uniform

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...cec35b1ad25_story.html?utm_term=.cc4c526b4e31

-----------------------------

Winning

I think this is an outstanding choice. Makes me believe that Trump is serious about this president thing.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Step one -Surround yourself with great people, check

Step two - burn the Democratic Party to the ground.

Step three - Turn the new, better America over to you daughter in a few years.

Step one -Surround yourself with great people, check

Step two - burn the Democratic Party to the ground.

Step three - Turn the new, better America over to you daughter in a few years.

It would be quite the feat.

I had lost hope that this was going to happen.

This is OUTSTANDING. Shows that Trump means business.

No problems there. Excellent choice. I am personally hoping for shorter quick strike conflicts that don't continue to be a strain on our economy.

Perhaps a treaty with Russia, give them Syria, and let them attack Isis in the middle east for a change?

So....are the days of the Politically Correct DoD over? Are we about to see a purge of the Obama Generals and their pussified policies?

cant find the meme on facebook. Something like not calling him a "Secretary", call him "Bad *** ************ of Defense"

Someone's feminist friend got all pissed off about it.

After doing some research, it looks as that has to be a civilian as a check and balance against a military coup. May not be able to confirm him legally

After doing some research, it looks as that has to be a civilian as a check and balance against a military coup. May not be able to confirm him legally

Complete bullshit - Mattis is retired, he's a civilian now.

They just need a waiver for him not being out of service time yet.

Congress reacts to Trump's 'Mad Dog' Mattis pick

The Senate Armed Services chair vowed to help move Mattis through the upper chamber's confirmation process. McCain, who will chair Mattis's confirmation hearing, told the Washington Examiner that he would write the bill to grant Mattis a waiver of the seven-year rule.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/congress-reacts-to-trumps-mad-dog-mattis-pick/article/2608690

There's talk that congress will get a waiver so he can accept the position.
There is precedent from President Truman, a Democrat. LOL.

Complete bullshit - Mattis is retired, he's a civilian now.

They just need a waiver for him not being out of service time yet.

Congress reacts to Trump's 'Mad Dog' Mattis pick

The Senate Armed Services chair vowed to help move Mattis through the upper chamber's confirmation process. McCain, who will chair Mattis's confirmation hearing, told the Washington Examiner that he would write the bill to grant Mattis a waiver of the seven-year rule.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/congress-reacts-to-trumps-mad-dog-mattis-pick/article/2608690

Lighten up Francis, I wasn't saying he was a bad choice, just what the law seemed to be. I don't see how seven years would make a difference, Hell I have been out of the service for 25+ years and still do **** they way we did it back in the day.

if you all are going to be the global police, it is about time you started actually playing the part.

even the camels are scared now.

if you all are going to be the global police, it is about time you started actually playing the part.

even the camels are scared now.
I believe it is time for Canada to secure it's place as a world power, and do it's part. You can start by accepting Amy Schumer and Whoopi Goldberg. Maybe we can toss in CNN and MSNBC too.