• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump needs a different strategy

No he doesn't - **** the GOPe, especially insane McCain and Graham.

Take em all on, and don't listen to the bitter loser lying media

Exactly. That way the fence sitters in the GOP can get on the right side and we can get a true bi-partisan investigation going and not have to move toward a special investigator.

We'll have the impeachment hearings going before summer starts.

You obviously hold politicians in pretty high regard. Good for you,hope that works out for ya. I do not share that feeling. The current political system simply needed to be exploded like a bomb. It was. There needed to be a complete and total repudiation of everything Washington was offering. It happened also. I think as a result, you may actually see future politicians who look out for Americans instead of themselves. It was a necessary step in that process to demonstrate that people aren't ignorant and stupid any more. They caught on.

No I don't...but I really don't see Trump having the depth of understanding to get to the root of the problem, which is that the federal government is too big and too involved in too many aspects of our lives. His support of this healthcare bill is not a repudiation of anything...it's basically the same as Obamacare with a few shifts in terminology. Tax credits=subsidies. Surcharges=mandates. The government should not be telling insurance companies what they have to sell nor telling citizens what they have to buy. Nor should it be subsidizing any of it..the more healthcare is subsidized the more expensive it will become.

Now he wants to fight the freedom caucus...oh great. Fight the people fighting for less government power. If that's a repudiation of politicians I'll pass.

And you should feel free to vote for someone else—3 years and 8 months from now.

maybe they just need better online poll predictions

2016-11-06T13-06-18-933Z--1280x720.jpg

Oh I know...we're stuck with him. It will be interesting to see if he makes it 4 years. I honestly think he might have some sort of mental illness or dementia. I'd be ok with Pence as President though.

Maybe his different strategy should be less golfing and more working.

Why work when you can just claim Obama's job report and overall economic recovery?

Leaves more time for watching Fox & Friends till the weekend golfing trip gets here..............

Besides he's too busy with nepotism and personally draining as much from the treasury for himself as he can.

For years, Trump railed against Obama for golfing when he was in office. Candidate Trump said if he won the election he’d probably be too busy to golf and would only play with people with whom he was looking to make deals.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...a99da559f9e_story.html?utm_term=.e2ad8be53187

Deal making. Golfing with a Senator. With Obama it was more like cutting school..

If there’s any question that Obama prefers to leave the presidency behind when on the course, consider this: Obama has included another elected official in a game only nine times since taking office, and on five of those occasions that official was Joe Biden. Meanwhile, he has played 33 rounds with campaign photographer David Katz, 26 with his friend Dr. Eric Whitaker from Chicago, and nine with Walter Nicholson, a man who’s chief qualification is being the trip director’s brother.

Obama played 333 rounds of golf while in office. Only golfed with another elected official 9 times in 8 years. Five of those were with creepy uncle Joe.

http://swampland.time.com/2013/09/15/obamas-18-favorite-golf-partners-youve-only-heard-of-one/

Last edited:
Four times with another gubmint official aside from Biden. Wow that is "cutting from school".

Heres the problem. Trump absolutely blasted Obama for playing golf and now he is doing the same thing. I do not know how Trump supporters can begin to defend that? You can say he is making deals and this and that, but who knows if that is true. One time the administration said he was in the WH and he was out golfing. It is unbelievably hypocritical. Personally I do not care about someones golf habits. People need time to unwind / relax no matter what the job is. However you can not blast the previous administration for doing in and then go out to do it yourself.

Same goes for all this Russia BS. If Hillary was in office and all these allegations and what not were flying around people on this board would go nuts calling for her head. I believe Russia tried to influence the election and probably talked to people with in Trumps campaign, but I say so what. We spy / hack people and Russia along with most other countries spy / hack people.

I just do not get the people defending Trump to their death. He is acting like a village idiot. Like I said I voted for him and like most of his platform, but its time to act like a rational grown up instead of a 3yr old.

How much did Hill get for the uranium from the Russians? I heard 100's of millions. Now, that has been a real news story with investigative journalism similar to what we've had in the past. With the Trump allegations I haven't heard very much substance. I haven't formed my opinion of him and his loyalty to this country. I know Hill hates it though. That was enough for me to give him a chance. Not one measured in days or even months.

Heres the problem. Trump absolutely blasted Obama for playing golf and now he is doing the same thing. I do not know how Trump supporters can begin to defend that? You can say he is making deals and this and that, but who knows if that is true. One time the administration said he was in the WH and he was out golfing. It is unbelievably hypocritical. Personally I do not care about someones golf habits. People need time to unwind / relax no matter what the job is. However you can not blast the previous administration for doing in and then go out to do it yourself.

Same goes for all this Russia BS. If Hillary was in office and all these allegations and what not were flying around people on this board would go nuts calling for her head. I believe Russia tried to influence the election and probably talked to people with in Trumps campaign, but I say so what. We spy / hack people and Russia along with most other countries spy / hack people.

I just do not get the people defending Trump to their death. He is acting like a village idiot. Like I said I voted for him and like most of his platform, but its time to act like a rational grown up instead of a 3yr old.

I agree.

The problem is I don't think Trump (or Melania) ever thought he would win. They weren't prepared to do this job and they don't really want to do this job. I honestly don't care if plays golf every day. I just hope he's at least smart enough to leave any real decisions to people who know what they're doing.

We are talking about two different kinds of golf with these two -

No I don't...but I really don't see Trump having the depth of understanding to get to the root of the problem, which is that the federal government is too big and too involved in too many aspects of our lives. His support of this healthcare bill is not a repudiation of anything...it's basically the same as Obamacare with a few shifts in terminology.

You are missing the point. His election WAS the repudiation. Politicians aren't going to get away with ignoring people in flyover country and middle class Americans any more. They learned a hard ******* lesson. As I said, mission accomplished already.