• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump, the Delegates and talk of a brokered convention

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I saw something that said all Trump has to do it win 60% of the delegates left to get to the magical number of 1,237. With many large states being winner take all ( See the below link ) he should be able to do it.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/republican_delegate_count.html

Cruz needs to win 86% of the rest of the delegates. Very unlikely.

With Rubio out, and some of his best states in the North East left, Trump should be able to get the 1,237 delegates number.

But suppose Trump comes up just short. I highly doubt the Republican power brokers would go against the will of the people who voted, and even if they did, Trump would go independent, essentially electing Hillary Clinton, who is public enemy#1. This is a nuclear option that will not happen. My guess is some " deals will be made " and Trump wins the nomination.

521 delegates are from winner take all states. They are:

Rhode Island 26-Apr 19
Indiana 3-May 57
Nebraska 10-May 36
West Virginia 10-May 34
Oregon 17-May 28
Washington 24-May 44
California 7-Jun 172
Montana 7-Jun 27
New Jersey 7-Jun 51
New Mexico 7-Jun 24
South Dakota 7-Jun 29

If Trump wins them all, he's a shoe-in with 1,167 plus 10 states that split delegates.

Trump can lose a few winner take all states ( but not California ) and still make 1,237 easily.

States that Split delegates:

American Samoa 22-Mar 9 Primary Direct Election

Arizona 22-Mar 58 Primary Proportional

Utah 22-Mar 40 Primary Proportional*

North Dakota 1-Apr 28 Caucus Proportional

Wisconsin 5-Apr 42 Primary Proportional*

New York 19-Apr 95 Primary Proportional*#∇

Connecticut 26-Apr 28 Primary Proportional*∇

Delaware 26-Apr 16 Primary Proportional*∇

Maryland 26-Apr 38 Convention Unbound

Pennsylvania 26-Apr 71 Caucus Unbound

Last edited:
But suppose Trump comes up just short. I highly doubt the Republican power brokers would go against the will of the people who voted,

The will of the people in that case would be that a majority don't want Trump. If that majority can come together and decide on a candidate they do want, their will should not be ignored.

If this had been a two person race he'd have a large majority. He'll get the 1237 anyway so all this talk doesn't really matter.

I laugh when people say that Trump going 3rd party means Hillary is elected. Who really knows? Maybe he still wins, maybe he doesn't. It would get the required % to REQUIRE inclusion in the national debates next go round.

I laugh when people say that Trump going 3rd party means Hillary is elected. Who really knows? Maybe he still wins, maybe he doesn't. It would get the required % to REQUIRE inclusion in the national debates next go round.

Agreed. All a 3rd party would do is change it from a Trump landslide to a narrow win. The only votes that a 3rd party establishment guy would get are those of the establishment themselves and the shady lobbyists who for whatever reason don't vote for Hitlery.

If this had been a two person race he'd have a large majority. He'll get the 1237 anyway so all this talk doesn't really matter.

You're assuming the other candidates are taking votes away from him instead of each other. I don't know what makes you think that. Seems to me he is a lot if people's first choice and far less peoples second choice.

Due to ballot access restrictions, Trump basically can't go 3rd party. Even the most organized 3rd party, the Libertarians, weren't on every ballot. Some states have pretty early deadlines to get your name on the ballot and onerous rule. I suppose Trump could attempt to make a deal with the Libertarians for their slot but I doubt that would go over well.

Truth is that Trump will be the Republican Nominee. If he is not we don't even need to hold an election, just give Hillary the oath of office. May as well should that be the case - no one else is beating her.

Dems are only keeping Bernie around to keep them in the headlines. Otherwise they'd get ZERO media attention.

What happens to the delegates that Rubio had?

Truth is that Trump will be the Republican Nominee. If he is not we don't even need to hold an election, just give Hillary the oath of office. May as well should that be the case - no one else is beating her.

Dems are only keeping Bernie around to keep them in the headlines. Otherwise they'd get ZERO media attention.

Only full libtards and militant dykes are excited about Hillary. The Dem voting attendance is way down.

I think the MSM would continue slobbering her knob regardless.

Due to ballot access restrictions, Trump basically can't go 3rd party. Even the most organized 3rd party, the Libertarians, weren't on every ballot. Some states have pretty early deadlines to get your name on the ballot and onerous rule. I suppose Trump could attempt to make a deal with the Libertarians for their slot but I doubt that would go over well.
He can sue for the republican spot since they had an agreement when he signed up... I dont think the morons speaking about circumventing the results relize that if he gets 1237... They cant back out of it....its only if he falls short that Romney part 2 plays out

Hillary crushes him among women, blacks, Hispanics, young people, independents...pretty much every demographic except old white Republican men. 1/3 of Republicans say they'd consider voting third party if he's the nominee, and a quarter say they'd vote Dem. Say hello to President Clinton if he's the nominee.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...als-clinton-sanders-trump-president/81612520/
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...oters-would-consider-third-party-candidate-in

Again if you buy those polls you are an idiot.... Every blue collar democrat i know wants to vote for him.. Its idiotic... Also read the piece on california voters in la.... The stigma of voting trump is bad enough that most are secretly supporting him...this is exactly ver batem how the repubs were fooled into thinking he was a joke till the primaries started....

Again if you buy those polls you are an idiot.... Every blue collar democrat i know wants to vote for him.. Its idiotic... Also read the piece on california voters in la.... The stigma of voting trump is bad enough that most are secretly supporting him...this is exactly ver batem how the repubs were fooled into thinking he was a joke till the primaries started....

It's funny how you all tout polls that favor Trump but the ones that don't are idiotic...because you know some blue collar Democrats who are voting for Trump. Yeah, that's scientific. I live in probably the most Republican county in Pennsylvania and I don't know a single person who would even consider voting for Trump. Democrat or Republican. Particularly the suburban married women I know, who are the female base of the Republican party. They all despise him with a passion.

IT’S ON! Trump takes aim at Hillary: ‘Embarrassment to our country’

“I think she’s an embarrassment to our country. She’s under federal investigation. She doesn’t have the strength or the stamina to be president, frankly, as far as I’m concerned."

The barking Hillary ad goes national!

The Latest: Trump ad features footage of Clinton barking

all over CNN!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDBS8bYGhWr/

BWAhahahahaha

That ad is awesome. I would make at least a handful more with her barking like the dog she is.

That ad is awesome. I would make at least a handful more with her barking like the dog she is.

Wait until the "What difference does it make?" ads start

Trump can put out a thousand Instagram ads like that a week against Hillary, she has so much baggage, it doesn't cost him anything, the national media shows it - free daily coverage!

she has no idea the **** storm that's about to hit her - ha ha

I live in probably the most Republican county in Pennsylvania and I don't know a single person who would even consider voting for Trump. Democrat or Republican. Particularly the suburban married women I know, who are the female base of the Republican party. They all despise him with a passion.

Sounds like they all need to get laid.

Trump lost Ohio.

But people are ignoring the fact that he lost, ( by a small margin) to a Governor that has a 80% approval rating. Kasich should have SMASHED Trump in Ohio....but he barely won.

Democrats are crossing over big time, as Republican voting is up, and Democrat voting is down almost 30%

I can't wait till Trump gets Monica Lewinsky up on stage in a blue dress to talk about the Clintons

Woot!