• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump, the Delegates and talk of a brokered convention

It's funny how you all tout polls that favor Trump but the ones that don't are idiotic...because you know some blue collar Democrats who are voting for Trump. Yeah, that's scientific. I live in probably the most Republican county in Pennsylvania and I don't know a single person who would even consider voting for Trump. Democrat or Republican. Particularly the suburban married women I know, who are the female base of the Republican party. They all despise him with a passion.
I talk of few polls save to point out they are primarily wrong and biased..

Again when obama ran the first time a great many people in my area swore they wouldnt vote for him then later admitted they did... When the alternative was a real moderate and great guy like mccain... Hillary is way less attractive a candidate for republicans... I think this is all bluster on the right wingers... They will vote in droves for whomever is the republican nominee... Even Hitler....

Trump lost Ohio.

But people are ignoring the fact that he lost, ( by a small margin) to a Governor that has a 80% approval rating. Kasich should have SMASHED Trump in Ohio....but he barely won.

Democrats are crossing over big time, as Republican voting is up, and Democrat voting is down almost 30%

Are the Dems crossing over just to **** up the primary or will they follow through in Nov?

This election will not be decided by polls.

It's going to be decided on turnout. And turnout is exactly the reason he's WINNING the evangelical vote over Cruz despite every stupid poll of 500 people says he shouldn't.

Elections aren't a poll of every person in America. You actually have to get off your *** and vote.

From what I am sensing in my group of mostly liberal friends is a total disgust AGAIN that these are their choices. They don't like Hillary at all. They hate Trump. But you know what the majority say when I say "You have to pick one!". They answer... "Maybe I won't vote this year."

That's music to my ears. I don't want them to vote at all. I want them to stay home in droves.

But Trump supporters? They can't WAIT to vote. I'm so antsy I want November tomorrow just to see if "Anti-Trump" is really a platform that works (because that didn't work at all in the primaries). I don't hear much Pro-Clinton at all. It's all Anti-Trump.

And maybe Trump's so smart that he knows if he continues to turn the whole process into a circus, he continues to make more and more people that would never vote for him in the first place just stay home on a cold, rainy Tuesday night in November in protest. Every person that stays home is a vote for Trump this year.

And I'm not convinced at all that polls reflect that reality.

Polls? We need more videos!

ha ha- unlike Bernie, Trump has many black friends

Rap Star Foxy Brown Praises Donald Trump, Says She Will Be Doing 'A Lot' For His Campaign

Reclusive rap star Foxy Brown said Tuesday that she is back in the studio, but her next release could be a tribute to Donald Trump.

Brown, a lifelong Democrat, who said she loves Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, said she is giving a big shout out to the billionaire presidential front-runner because she is impressed with his ability to get things done. No matter how many people sabotage his campaign, it keeps growing and growing and growing,” Brown told the Daily News.

“I know so many people won’t agree with me and will try to change my mind, but I’m a smart girl. I’m excited ..

brown.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/foxy-brown-endorses-donald-trump-article-1.2565666

Are the Dems crossing over just to **** up the primary or will they follow through in Nov?

The people I've talked to are honestly supporting him. They feel he is best for the economy, and at the end of the day if they bring home more, the family is happier.

If its Trump, he will kick Hillary's *** in a landslide. If its Cruz, he will win because we will get the turnout and that felonious creature will not.

It's funny how you all tout polls that favor Trump but the ones that don't are idiotic...because you know some blue collar Democrats who are voting for Trump. Yeah, that's scientific. I live in probably the most Republican county in Pennsylvania and I don't know a single person who would even consider voting for Trump. Democrat or Republican. Particularly the suburban married women I know, who are the female base of the Republican party. They all despise him with a passion.
That's because all of his wives are hotter than they are. This is one reason why women should not be allowed to vote.

That's because all of his wives are hotter than they are. This is one reason why women should not be allowed to vote.

Pfft. His wife would have likely nothing to do with him if he wasn't a billionaire. My guess is she gets herself good and drugged up before she has to have sex with that.

Going by my own conversations... The union workers love him... The coalfield democrats are terrified of hillary.. General industry guys are legit backing him... All of those types are registered democrats.... I think the right wingers hate him more, but they are obsessed with the supreme court and wont vote hillary for anything...

Hillary wins because of one simple fact.

There are more dead people who are willing vote for her, than people willing to vote for Trump.

What's that word?

Nikki Haley now backs Ted Cruz

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley on Wednesday said she hoped Ted Cruz would pull through with the Republican nomination.

The statement comes a day after Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, the candidate she had previously supported, suspended his campaign.

"I thought that Marco Rubio was and is an amazing public servant. I think that he really tapped into so much of what people want in terms of the American dream"

Haley declined to say whether she would formally endorse Cruz, remarking, "I don't know that that part matters."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-.../2016/03/nikki-haley-supports-ted-cruz-220884

Women do get jealous of petty **** like that. There hasn't been a "hot" First Lady since Eleanor Roosevelt. ;)

Pfft. His wife would have likely nothing to do with him if he wasn't a billionaire. My guess is she gets herself good and drugged up before she has to have sex with that.

He said he has big hands.

If its Trump, he will kick Hillary's *** in a landslide. If its Cruz, he will win because we will get the turnout and that felonious creature will not.

WxcTwVa.jpg

I just can't wait for the Trump campaign ads in the general. ( that is if the powers that be allow him to run )

Hillary crushes him among women, blacks, Hispanics, young people, independents...pretty much every demographic except old white Republican men. 1/3 of Republicans say they'd consider voting third party if he's the nominee, and a quarter say they'd vote Dem. Say hello to President Clinton if he's the nominee.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...als-clinton-sanders-trump-president/81612520/
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...oters-would-consider-third-party-candidate-in

Hillary had a sex change?

OK...you guys back to the convention stuff.

What happens if this guy's predictions come true and the GOP takes over the process and pushes Trump out the back door ?

Political parties, not voters, choose their presidential nominees, a Republican convention rules member told CNBC, a day after GOP front-runner Donald Trump rolled up more big primary victories.

"The media has created the perception that the voters choose the nomination. That's the conflict here," Curly Haugland, an unbound GOP delegate from North Dakota, told CNBC's "Squawk Box" on Wednesday. He even questioned why primaries and caucuses are held.

"The rules haven't kept up," Haugland said. "The rules are still designed to have a political party choose its nominee at a convention. That's just the way it is. I can't help it. Don't hate me because I love the rules."

One game at a time.

Wait till the end of June - he can still win it straight up with 1237 delegates

If Trump were smart he would make deal with Kasich right now for VP and get him to pull out. That will give
him best chance to reach delegate threshold.

In the end I believe he has to pick Kasich to give him a chance to win Ohio in November.

Theory #3: Clinton gets indicted; Biden jumps in; Sanders flips out

Trump wins in another landslide

OK...you guys back to the convention stuff.

What happens if this guy's predictions come true and the GOP takes over the process and pushes Trump out the back door ?

Political parties, not voters, choose their presidential nominees, a Republican convention rules member told CNBC, a day after GOP front-runner Donald Trump rolled up more big primary victories.

"The media has created the perception that the voters choose the nomination. That's the conflict here," Curly Haugland, an unbound GOP delegate from North Dakota, told CNBC's "Squawk Box" on Wednesday. He even questioned why primaries and caucuses are held.

"The rules haven't kept up," Haugland said. "The rules are still designed to have a political party choose its nominee at a convention. That's just the way it is. I can't help it. Don't hate me because I love the rules."

If they do that then the Republican party as we know it will cease to exist. Trump will run third party, his own or Libertarian or whatever, and lose but take a massive number of votes away from the Republican candidate and they will be so pissed that they will never go back. Are the people who run the GOP smart enough to realize that? Probably not.

This is epic right here:
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2..._to_tell_us_every thing_wrong_with_the_party

In part:

RUSH: I have to tell you, this is what makes it tough for me to... You know what? Let me put it this way. One of the most, I think, relevant things that was said in one of these episodes -- and I just found this. It was a question that Mark Halperin asked these guys. He said, "How do you feel about the fact that the Republican nominee may be someone that none of you know?" Bingo! There it is. "What do you mean, Rush? What do you mean?" It's a club. Everybody in the club knows everybody else.

RICK HOHLT: Everybody around this table that I know, we've been in every presidential campaign probably since 1980 in various degrees. And in Trump's problem, he doesn't have a co -- you don't know what his compass is.

VIN WEBER: I talk to people all the time, as I'm sure everybody around the table does, they say, "Why didn't you Republicans do something about this guy?" I'm sorry. This is not the Soviet Union. We can't call a meeting and decide Trump is out.

RON KAUFMAN: And we hate that. (laughter) Denying dictatorship. Who's for it? Trump is doing well for one reason: He understands the -- the -- the climate and the culture of America today better than anybody at this table.

ED ROGERS:Shell-shocked, bewildered. Republicans are hierarchical, respectful of authority. We fall in line. And Trump has interrupted that cycle.

VIN WEBER: Donald Trump, nobody thought of him as any kind of political leader until six months ago.

ED ROGERS: He's not articulate. He's not poised. He's not informed. All he has going for him is a lot of votes. Why hasn't any of that hit home? Here we are. Here we are.

RUSH: There are favors passed out. There are special considerations based on seniority. It's like any other club. It's like any other private, enclosed existence. There are rules. And knowing who and what and where and when and why is the power. Who to know or when to whatever. And if you don't know the nominee, what can he do for you? If you don't know the nominee, what can he do for you? If you don't know the nominee, how the hell are you gonna have any power with the guy? Do not doubt me, folks.

Last edited: