• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump to nominate Ben Carson for HUD

Spike

Reaction score
Dr. Ben Carson will be Donald Trump’s nominee for secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), the president-elect’s transition team confirmed Monday morning.

“Ben Carson has a brilliant mind and is passionate about strengthening communities and families within those communities,” Mr. Trump said in a statement released by his team. ”We have talked at length about my urban renewal agenda and our message of economic revival, very much including our inner cities. Ben shares my optimism about the future of our country and is part of ensuring that this is a Presidency representing all Americans. He is a tough competitor and never gives up.”

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-California, was quick to criticize the pick.

“Dr. Ben Carson is a disconcerting and disturbingly unqualified choice to lead a department as complex and consequential as Housing and Urban Development,” she wrote in a statement, adding, “There is no evidence that Dr. Carson brings the necessary credentials to hold a position with such immense responsibilities and impact on families and communities across America.”

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-...-for-housing-and-urban-development-secretary/

----------------------------

RACIST!

HUD is a corrupt agency, it should probably be torn to the ground and rebuilt, and anyone that pisses off the left can't be all bad

Ben Carson, a neurosurgeon, is unqualified to lead a notoriously corrupt department like HUD? Good, that means he is not a bought-and-paid-for stooge.

Meanwhile, Nancy Pelosi's qualifications to be a member of Congress? A degree in political science from some useless college. That's it.

I had hoped he would be surgeon general but he may be able to make an even bigger impact as the HUD secretary. I

I like carson, but this position seems a bit mismatched. Hopefully it will work out ok. I was hoping he would get a position more related to Healthcare or the medical field

He had to get in the cabinet somewhere. He's was always going to be the token african-american (even if blacks are 95% democrat, somehow Republicans are REQUIRED by the main stream media to have many on their cabinets as democrats.... liberal logic 101).

Here's the current list:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/politics/donald-trump-administration.html?_r=0

So far he has 3 women, 1 african american, 1 asian, I think one is jewish as well.

There are some big ones left to fill.

So far, I'm pretty fine with all of his appointments. Again, until policy starts happening, all this is just a shell game. We don't really know who will have the most power yet and who will be listened to over the other.

Meanwhile, Nancy Pelosi's qualifications to be a member of Congress? A degree in political science from some useless college. That's it.

Plus she's big on killing babies and from a city with almost no children (because half the city is gay and the other half can't afford to have kids).

Ben is from the Detroit ghetto. He knows what needs to be fixed. I love it. Get the most hardcore anti-CommieCare guy/gal for Surgeon General.

LOVE Ben. LOVE him. He will do just fine in this new position.