• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump Wins Again! Democrats Lose Kansas Special Election

Spike

Reaction score
On Tuesday night, anyone who hoped the Democratic Party had evolved since Nov. 8, 2016, had those delicate hopes dashed as Republican Ron Estes beat back an unexpectedly strong challenge from Democrat James Thompson to hold onto the Congressional seat vacated by newly minted CIA Director Mike Pompeo. Estes won 53 percent of the vote to Thompson’s 46 percent

Luckily for Estes, the Democratic Party refused to invest any resources into the race.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/04/kansas-special-election.html

650-041117-Kansas-Flag.jpg

Oddly the story I read this morning made the win sound like a tragedy for the GOP because they only won by 6 points.

They rats are turning over chicken droppings looking for a "win"

hahahahahahaha

MT is trying to flip a seat that was vacated by a Trump appointee. They actually have a pretty strong case. The Republicans are forced to turn to an out-of-stater which I can't bring myself to vote for. I can't see any sense in turning the representation of the state of Montana over to a millionaire from New Jersey who's only spent a few years on a private ranch in the state vacationing. That makes no sense whatsoever to me.

Sad but true. In this case, the Republicans have dropped the ball and they may very well lose and if they don't, I suspect they should have.

MT is trying to flip a seat that was vacated by a Trump appointee. They actually have a pretty strong case. The Republicans are forced to turn to an out-of-stater which I can't bring myself to vote for. I can't see any sense in turning the representation of the state of Montana over to a millionaire from New Jersey who's only spent a few years on a private ranch in the state vacationing. That makes no sense whatsoever to me.

Sad but true. In this case, the Republicans have dropped the ball and they may very well lose and if they don't, I suspect they should have.
There is one thing left to do. ...write in vote. May I suggest Hillary Clinton.

I mentioned this in another thread. The Dems here are calling it a win because Wichita voted for the Dem, and in November, Wichita voted Trump. The Dem guy sent text messages via a surrogate begging for votes. My friend got a text this past Saturday afternoon. Doesn't know how his number got to them since he has a cell phone. It pissed him off and pissed me off. Then over the weekend I had heard that this same candidate was being investigated for using that texting tactic. Nothing has come of it so far.

Oddly the story I read this morning made the win sound like a tragedy for the GOP because they only won by 6 points.

ha ha

they faked themselves out - again!

Democrats Say They Sometimes Need To Ignore Elections In Order To Win

Trying would have backfired, they say — though they lost anyway.

Toward the end of the 2016 presidential election, as polls showed a tighter-than-expected contest in Michigan, the Hillary Clinton campaign faced a dilemma over just how aggressively it needed to act.

While aides worried about the possibility of losing the industrial Midwest stronghold, they also feared that if they moved significant resources into the state it would send a dangerous signal to Republicans that it was actually in play, setting off a political arms race. They ultimately chose to stay away in hopes that Donald Trump would only realize how close he was when it was too late.

Clinton went on to lose Michigan by 12,000 votes.

Months later, the first congressional campaign of the Trump era took place. And once again, the Democratic Party played possum. Instead of investing resources into the special election in Kansas’ 4th District that took place on Tuesday night, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee kept their distance under the assumption they only would have motivated Republican voters had they engaged.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/?icid=hjx004

How's that working out for them?

Trump wins again!

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Despite major outside money, FAKE media support and eleven Republican candidates, BIG "R" win with runoff in Georgia. Glad to be of help!

Jon Ossoff, a Democrat, Narrowly Misses Outright Win in Georgia House Race

Ossoff received 48.1 percent of the vote, just short of the 50 percent threshold needed to win the seat, and he will face Karen Handel, the top Republican vote-getter, in a June runoff.

Much as they did in last week’s race in Kansas, Democrats initially got their hopes up after promising early-vote returns were posted soon after polls closed. But as the Election Day results trickled in, it became clear that those early and absentee ballots, reflecting their fired-up base, would not be sufficient to match the Republicans’ structural advantage in the district.

The contest here effectively represented the first performance review at the ballot box for Mr. Trump and the Republican Congress among the sort of upscale voters who were left without a political home last fall.

In an illustration of how nationalized the race became, 95 percent of Mr. Ossoff’s fund-raising haul was from out of state, and even more was from outside the district, where the candidate himself does not reside

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/19/us/politics/georgia-special-election.html?_r=0

hahahahaha

you go Seanyboy, bitchslap them *******

Spicer Slams Media: Dems Didn’t ‘Almost Win’ in Georgia, ‘They Lost’

During Wednesday’s White House briefing, NBC reporter Hallie Jackson asked if President Trump was “expending too much political capital on a race that Republicans should be winning easily,” referring to Georgia’s special congressional election. In response, Press Secretary Sean Spicer blasted the absurd liberal media narrative that it was a “symbolic” or “emotional” victory for Democrats despite their candidate falling short.

"“I thought that some of the coverage was a little intriguing as I watched it....Democrats went all in on this race. They spent over $8.3 million. They said on the record that their goal was to win this race. They lost. And the reaction has somewhat been, you know, that they almost won. No, they lost,” Spicer declared.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...media-dems-didnt-almost-win-georgia-they-lost

Dems need to stop crying and accept the loss.
When dems win here in NM. My thoughts say congratulations now do well for the community

Bernie disses Dems again !!

oh that's gotta sting - they worship the old commie

C9y7CI4XYAQOU7m.jpg

Last edited:
How could this guy even be eligible to be in the runoff if he doesn't live in that district? Hell...how could he even be eligible in the first place?? Oh yeah....he's a D.

Trump wins again!

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Despite major outside money, FAKE media support and eleven Republican candidates, BIG "R" win with runoff in Georgia. Glad to be of help!

Jon Ossoff, a Democrat, Narrowly Misses Outright Win in Georgia House Race

Ossoff received 48.1 percent of the vote, just short of the 50 percent threshold needed to win the seat, and he will face Karen Handel, the top Republican vote-getter, in a June runoff.

Much as they did in last week’s race in Kansas, Democrats initially got their hopes up after promising early-vote returns were posted soon after polls closed. But as the Election Day results trickled in, it became clear that those early and absentee ballots, reflecting their fired-up base, would not be sufficient to match the Republicans’ structural advantage in the district.

The contest here effectively represented the first performance review at the ballot box for Mr. Trump and the Republican Congress among the sort of upscale voters who were left without a political home last fall.

In an illustration of how nationalized the race became, 95 percent of Mr. Ossoff’s fund-raising haul was from out of state, and even more was from outside the district, where the candidate himself does not reside

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/19/us/politics/georgia-special-election.html?_r=0

MSM breathlessly reporting that Ossoff got 48% of the vote and the leading Republican got 19% without mentioning that there were 11 Republicans in the race.

Special elections are never bug draws for common folk... dems sorely trying to chink Trumpy's armor... honestly its all a non story... midterms will decide it all....

As long as the Dems continue to attack each other, its all good

Keith Ellison Blames Obama For Dems’ Massive Election Failures

The DNC’s deputy chairman Keith Ellison recently made an astounding and true admission about Obama and the Democratic Party. While the last ten years worked out quite well for Obama, the party suffered and much of the blame for that lays with Obama himself.

Democrats lost over 1,000 seats under failed President Obama.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/19/d...-is-responsible-for-electoral-failures-video/