• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Two things to take from the Steelers press conference today.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

1. Something we were thinking already but Omar confirming there will competition at QB. He mentioned that the Steelers like to carry 3 QBs. So one will come in the draft and one will come in free agency. Book your reservations it will happen.

2. He mentioned that Broderick was drafted to be a LT and he will eventually be one for the team. So we can expect to see a RT within the first two picks.(my fearless prediction).

Last edited:

1. Something we were thinking already but Omar confirming there will competition at QB. He mentioned that the Steelers like to carry 3 QBs. So one will come in the draft and one will come in free agency. Book your reservations it will happen.

2. He mentioned that Broderick was drafted to be a LT and he will eventually be one for the team. So we can expect to see a RT within the first two picks.(my fearless prediction).

Or we sign our new RT in free agency freeing up that need. If the right person is there I would prefer that.

Or we sign our new RT in free agency freeing up that need. If the right person is there I would prefer that.

That is possible sure. Might depend on if they want to address C , CB, and QB in free agency. I would imagine they won't do all four. But they were pretty busy last offseason so anything is possible.

I know I’m ready to see Khan start waving the light saber again, pull some serious Jedi **** in free agency and the draft and get this roster built up to where it need to be to achieve an actual standard once he brings in a new HC next year😎🤣😎🤣

Kenny vs. Mason would be extremely underwhelming heading into next season.

More likely than not, that is exactly what we may very well see.

Salute the nation

That is possible sure. Might depend on if they want to address C , CB, and QB in free agency. I would imagine they won't do all four. But they were pretty busy last offseason so anything is possible.
Call me crazy, but the Rooneys have not had a tendency of paying for an OT market value in FA as they are expensive. If we do sign one it won't be a starter, but backup material. I mean, look how long they stuck to the "deserving" 4-round talent in LT Moore. He has been near bottom-of-the-barrel every since he's been our starting LT, each and every year. And good news on Jones, according to Kahn he will be going back to LT so that is encouraging.

That would be the equivalent of not trying to upgrade the position.

You forget the wild card, the new OC will be saying to one QB or the other “ I’ll make you famous”

Salute the nation

Well, we know a rookie isn't gonna be allowed to truly compete, so, that's probably what we are left with.

I don’t have any faith in Tomlin evaluating QBs, that adds to the shizzz show as well.

Salute the nation

I don’t have any faith in Tomlin evaluating QBs, that adds to the shizzz show as well.

Salute the nation
But Shades LOVED Malik Willis, how dare you question his ability to evaluate QBs! And out of his 3 choices of Pgh QBs, he chose the best - Mason - for LAST. Tomlin is a real savant when it comes to evaluating QBs!

Did he love him? Or was that just draft bullshit.
I can't remember hearing about a QB Tomlin didn't love.
I mean, I haven't heard the phrase "The Steelers are not sold on _______________ as a starting caliber QB coming out of this year's draft".

Saying nice things about a player/ any player can be construed as gladhanding.

Did he love him? Or was that just draft bullshit.
I believe he did love him; he thought Kenny would possibly be drafted ahead of him and he was "getting his wings on" with Malick.

I mean, I haven't heard the phrase "The Steelers are not sold on _______________ as a starting caliber QB coming out of this year's draft".
That's just standard procedure and Tomlin's "cool guy" way. He makes sure that everyone "raves" about him.

Do you recall other teams saying this? Just wondering.

Do you recall other teams saying this? Just wondering.
Actually, now that you mention it, you hardly ever hear it attached to specific teams. However, look no further than last year and CJ Stroud and 2022 and all the QBs, and you will see unspecified "rumblings" about teams taking this view on QBs.

Well he had the chance to draft him 3 times and chose not to.
Blitz, we already drafted Kenny by the 20th and that came directly through Rooney, who has some say.