• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Two things to take from the Steelers press conference today.

Call me crazy, but the Rooneys have not had a tendency of paying for an OT market value in FA as they are expensive. If we do sign one it won't be a starter, but backup material. I mean, look how long they stuck to the "deserving" 4-round talent in LT Moore. He has been near bottom-of-the-barrel every since he's been our starting LT, each and every year. And good news on Jones, according to Kahn he will be going back to LT so that is encouraging.
They did recently throw a lot of cash at Chuks, who blew chunks
Not a free agent, a resign...but still payed quite a bit over what his value was, maybe someone else would've over paid him like that too but I doubt it

Blitz, we already drafted Kenny by the 20th and that came directly through Rooney, who has some say.
I'd love to know whose call that was
Some claim all Tomlin, some say Rooney stepped in, others suggest Colbert was involved as well
I'd bet a bit of collaboration went into that blunder

But you certainly notice nobody is fessing up claiming "yeah, that was my call" or "Kenny was my pick" mostly cuz, well despite what a good little trooper he was wandering around the facility in college the kid hasn't shown crap yet. I hope he lights it up, then surely someone will finally take credit for him.

Some claim all Tomlin, some say Rooney stepped in, others suggest Colbert was involved as well

But you certainly notice nobody is fessing up claiming "yeah, that was my call" or "Kenny was my pick" mostly cuz, well despite what a good little trooper he was wandering around the facility in college the kid hasn't shown crap yet. I hope he lights it up, then surely someone will finally take credit for him.
Rooney hasn't taken "official accountability" for drafting Kenny but he has gone on record as saying he didn't want another "Marino" to happen on his watch which is pretty close to admitting accountability. Rooneys did take credit for drafting Big Ben though (after his greatness was obvious).

Hmm…What I learned from Andy‘s press conference is he ain’t telling no one nothing…
When you are playing poker you don't show your hand.

Rooneys did take credit for drafting Ben, even to the point of saying who Cowher wanted instead. Of course, they only did so after Ben reeled off 15 wins in 2004, IIRC.