• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Unintentionally detonated pipe bomb in NYC

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
New York explosion: 1 in custody after blast at Port Authority bus station

By Eliott C. McLaughlin, CNN
Updated 9:04 AM ET, Mon December 11, 2017

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/11/us/new-york-possible-explosion-port-authority-subway/index.html

(CNN)An explosion struck the Port Authority bus terminal at 42nd Street and Eighth Avenue near Times Square on Monday morning and one person is in custody, the New York Police Department said in a tweet.

The man in custody is injured, police said in a tweet.

The station is one of the busiest commuter hubs during rush hour.

The A, C and E subway lines were evacuated, NYPD Sgt. Brendan Ryan said. The subway entrance on Eighth Avenue and the bus terminal are closed, the Port Authority said in a tweet, adding that there was still police activity in the area.

Police respond to an explosion at the Port Authority bus terminal on Monday in New York.

"Could have been a lot worse," the source told CNN.

Preliminary information, according to two law enforcement sources, one local and one federal, indicates a pipe bomb may have unintentionally exploded.

A man wearing a homemade device attempted to detonate it, and it either malfunctioned or did not go off the way it was supposed to, according to one NYPD source.

There are no deaths reported, a federal law enforcement source said.

Port Authority police watch as people evacuate after an explosion at the Port Authority bus terminal on Monday in New York.

Francisco Ramirez said he heard two explosions as he was exiting a bus about 7:45 a.m. ET. He heard both blasts distinctly even though he was wearing headphones.

"From what I saw it sounded like it came from the subway, but I'm just guessing," he said. "It was two distinct explosions seconds from each other. As I was making my way toward the outside, I kept getting shoved by cops and there were cops at every entrance blocking and there was police and SWAT everywhere.

"It was scary. It was just a lot of chaos but I didn't see any injuries."

Marlyn Yu Sherlock was at a retail store on the main floor of the terminal when people began flooding out of the subway entrance, "screaming, running in panic," she said.

"The PA system was still blaring Christmas carols," Sherlock said. "It took about four minutes before men in black cop uniforms started shooing people out of Port Authority. As I walked further away from the building, I kept asking the heavily armed cops what it was. They said 'suspicious package.'"

CNN's Brynn Gingras, AnneClaire Stapleton, Eliza Mackintosh, Shimon Prokupecz, David Shortell and Evan Perez contributed to this report.

Odds:

Buddhist - 5/2
Amish - 4/1
Christian - 2/1
Jewish - 3/1
Muslim - 500/1

When you try to blow yourself up but only severely burn yourself instead. :target:

Bangladesh - Buddhist hotspot

One can only hope he blew up his junk.

I got diverted to the ferry this morning -- I might have been in the tunnel if I didn't stay up watching the Steelers game last night.

One can only hope he blew up his junk.

I got diverted to the ferry this morning -- I might have been in the tunnel if I didn't stay up watching the Steelers game last night.

sorry to "like" your post, but so glad you were diverted this morning. Scary ****!

The Pipe Bomb Of Peace. Brought to you by Mohammed Monday.

Pakistan is where the Amish religion originated.

sorry to "like" your post, but so glad you were diverted this morning. Scary ****!

I'm sure it would have been had I been in the vicinity.

When it comes to going into the city, I rarely use the subway, but my bus route takes me through the Lincoln tunnel and into the Port Authority. Those are the places that concern me the most.
My office building is a 15 minute walk, and I do my best to avoid cutting through Times Square -- too much foot traffic there.

CNN Language: Unintentional.

The Left's never-ending attempt to appease Islam. He strapped a bomb to himself.

Police said that Ullah was wearing what was described as a crude explosive device that was strapped to his body when it exploded while he walked in an underground passageway.

The 27-year-old reportedly made statements about ISIS while being transported to the hospital with burns on his hands and abdomen.

I suppose it was unintentional when he crafted the crude explosive.
I suppose it was unintentional when he put it on this morning
Likely unintentional that he randomly ended up in one of the most crowded venues during rush hour in New York
It probably was also unintentional when he spoke of ISIS while being transported to the hospital too.

It was all just an accident. The fact that it is a mirror image of every other Muslim vest-wearing suicide bomb attack ever is irrelevant. CNN and its sheep believe this might have all just been a big misunderstanding.

SwNii5t.jpg

now he will get free housing, three square meals a day until he is released as a reformed terrorist that didn't really mean to harm himself or others. I'm sure he saw the error in his ways.

Got him

Akayed Ullah: NYC explosion suspect identified as 27-year-old Brooklyn man

The suspect in a terror-related attack in New York City has been identified as Akayed Ullah, a 27-year-old Bangladeshi immigrant who lives in Brooklyn and was allegedly inspired by ISIS.

The former taxi driver detonated a crude explosive device that was attached to his body with Velcro and zip ties, according to police. The device was made from a pipe, a 9-volt battery, matches and Christmas tree lights, senior law enforcement officials told NBC News.

171211-akayed-ullah-nyc-terror-suspect-tlc-se-1255p_ccdec86aaadc468771365d1a70eff7dd.nbcnews-ux-320-320.jpg

Ullah was taken to Bellevue Hospital after the blast with wounds and burns across his body.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...spect-identified-27-year-old-brooklyn-n828361

I hope it hurts really, really badly for awhile and then he dies.

The device was made from a pipe, a 9-volt battery, matches and Christmas tree lights

too bad it wasn't around Valentine's Day and a cupid arrow and a box of chocolates didn't go up his ***.

Guy should go to jail for a hell of a long time (if not life in prison).

For something to be so close to mass murder/suicide, I have a hard time not calling the crime pretty close to murder already. I'm glad he was inept at what he was trying to do. I don't really believe in God, but there was definitely some luck in the lives of those around him when he tried to do this.

Guy should go to jail for a hell of a long time (if not life in prison).

For something to be so close to mass murder/suicide, I have a hard time not calling the crime pretty close to murder already. I'm glad he was inept at what he was trying to do. I don't really believe in God, but there was definitely some luck in the lives of those around him when he tried to do this.

One of the things that has always bothered me is that if you shoot a guy 10 times and he doesn't die, you get tried for attempted murder. Should be tried for murder. Being incompetent shouldn't get you a lesser sentence.

now he will get free housing, three square meals a day until he is released as a reformed terrorist that didn't really mean to harm himself or others. I'm sure he saw the error in his ways.
If this was Canada, he would get paid million for killing Americans.

This guy was part of the chain migration program. ..another failed liberal policy.
CNN Language: Unintentional.

The Left's never-ending attempt to appease Islam. He strapped a bomb to himself.

I suppose it was unintentional when he crafted the crude explosive.
I suppose it was unintentional when he put it on this morning
Likely unintentional that he randomly ended up in one of the most crowded venues during rush hour in New York
It probably was also unintentional when he spoke of ISIS while being transported to the hospital too.

It was all just an accident. The fact that it is a mirror image of every other Muslim vest-wearing suicide bomb attack ever is irrelevant. CNN and its sheep believe this might have all just been a big misunderstanding.

SwNii5t.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

One of the things that has always bothered me is that if you shoot a guy 10 times and he doesn't die, you get tried for attempted murder. Should be tried for murder. Being incompetent shouldn't get you a lesser sentence.

I'd tie him to a stake on a big pile of wood and bbq his ***. But not before I got any useful information from him.

I looked up this guys rights as a green card holder. Seems to me that he should not be interrogated or drawn into any legal battle whatsoever. You have his movements and outcome on video. Gitmo or permanent removal from U.S. Why spend a dime on this pos?

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/af...bilities-green-card-holder-permanent-resident

Of course, it is NY so any semblance of sanity probably won't be considered.