• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Update on Climate Models vs. Reality - Spoiler Alert, Reality Wins

lgm_earth_map.jpg

At one point the world looked like this. ^^^ The world will constantly change. Always has, always will. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try to keep her clean, but the gun to the head paranoia is comical in my humble opinion.

I know that isn't saying much, but I am quite popular.

Well at least it wasn't a regurgitated talking point...;)

And, in point of fact, I can agree. It's entirely possible that it's just a natural effect. I don't know...

And, in point of fact, I can agree. It's entirely possible that it's just a natural effect. I don't know...

The tip off (to me at least) is that with all the hysteria of rising sea water and catastrophic drought, no shovels in the ground. No sea walls built, very little water infrastructure added to at risk areas. There's no $$ there. The $$ goes to academics and solar companies only. If scientists really believe most of the eastern seaboard will be treading water, wouldn't that be priority #1? It's wealth re-distribution top to bottom.

The tip off (to me at least) is that with all the hysteria of rising sea water and catastrophic drought, no shovels in the ground. No sea walls built, very little water infrastructure added to at risk areas. There's no $$ there. The $$ goes to academics and solar companies only. If scientists really believe most of the eastern seaboard will be treading water, wouldn't that be priority #1? It's wealth re-distribution top to bottom.

Now you're banging the party line gong again.

"Wealth redistribution" is a talking point, which is to say it's a slogan. The left is certainly anti corporate and that shows in the green movement's attacks on big business. But the scientists involved are not necessarily motivated by politics. Nor are companies like Toyota getting rich selling Priuses and other so called "green" technology.

You want to wrap everything back to the same silly anti-left talking point instead of taking the issues on one at a time. The issues are separate, and the motivations diverse. Your failure to recognize that is what I was referring to in the first place.

"Wealth redistribution" is a talking point, which is to say it's a slogan. The left is certainly anti corporate and that shows in the green movement's attacks on big business. But the scientists involved are not necessarily motivated by politics. Nor are companies like Toyota getting rich selling Priuses and other so called "green" technology.

You want to wrap everything back to the same silly anti-left talking point instead of taking the issues on one at a time. The issues are separate, and the motivations diverse. Your failure to recognize that is what I was referring to in the first place.

When the IPCC says flat out "it's about wealth redistribution" it isn't a talking point. That's what it is.

Of course it is a natural effect. We have no mechanism to properly quantify the effects of man. (PoloElfie will tell you differently)

Until we do, it is arrogant to assume that we are able to affect nature.

Of course it is a natural effect. We have no mechanism to properly quantify the effects of man. (PoloElfie will tell you differently)

Until we do, it is arrogant to assume that we are able to affect nature.

You friggen' religious nut jobs with you belief that God controls everything and that man is small and doesn't matter. You people crack me up. /sarcasm

Wow did that go over your head... "Wealth redistribution'' in this case refers to wealth redistribution on a global scale. Recall that the IPCC is a subsidiary of NATO. I'm sure you are of the belief as are other leftist extremists that America is why third world countries exist. Stopping global warming...a way for America to pay back it's ill-gotten riches than by taking advantage of the natural warming of the planet and attributing the cause to humans....leading to a one world governance, and the collapse of American exceptionalism...Obamas dream.

Remember the words of democrat libtard Rom Emanuel ..."never let a good crisis go to waste".

Even a manufactured one like man made global warming.

Last edited:
Global Warming Alert!

Blizzard gives Hawaii a White Christmas

HONOLULU (AP) —

A blizzard warning remained in effect Wednesday for the summits of Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa on the Big Island of Hawaii. While snow on the mountains is common, a blizzard with significant accumulation is unusual.

Up to 8 inches of snow could accumulate above 11,500 feet, the National Weather Service said. "Usually it's just a dusting or up to an inch or two," said weather service Meteorologist Norman Hui. "Right now we have a pretty powerful winter storm."

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20141224/us-hawaii-blizzard-53b68d9619.html

Global Warming Alert!

Blizzard gives Hawaii a White Christmas

HONOLULU (AP) —

A blizzard warning remained in effect Wednesday for the summits of Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa on the Big Island of Hawaii. While snow on the mountains is common, a blizzard with significant accumulation is unusual.

Up to 8 inches of snow could accumulate above 11,500 feet, the National Weather Service said. "Usually it's just a dusting or up to an inch or two," said weather service Meteorologist Norman Hui. "Right now we have a pretty powerful winter storm."

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20141224/us-hawaii-blizzard-53b68d9619.html

And it's freaking 60 degrees and raining in Ohio on Christmas Eve. What the hell?

Because it's "anti left" doesn't mean it's untrue. In fact it probably means the opposite, but I digress....

The scientists involved and Toyota are motivated by the same thing. Money. Toyota is cashing in on the paranoia, but I'm okay with that. If they can produce something people like that actually is better for the environment, it's a win win (sorry for being all slogany) good on 'em.

The majority of the "believer" type agw scientists are also motivated by money, but produce nothing other than manufactured angst which keeps the green flowing.

See the difference?

I can't believe people are still buying into this crap.

I can unfortunately......

I can't believe people are still buying into this crap.

I couldn't believe people actually re-elected Obama. I couldn't believe people actually thought Obamacare was a good thing. I couldn't believe citizens of California voted themselves a tax increase.
Now, I can believe just about anything.

In their current phases, moreover, they would be gradually cooling the earth – taking us to another ice age – if they weren’t being more than offset by human-caused warming.”

View attachment 967....

.What's that CD..."I can't believe people are still buying into this crap."..me neither. It's like a never ending loop of inane excuses why the earth hasn't melted yet.

The left is certainly anti-corporate?On what planet? And the "green movement" is all about big business.