• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

US Senator Proposes Legislation To Re-value US Gold Reserves To Buy Bitcoin

The miners use massive amounts of energy to resolve, as a group, increasingly complicated math problems, whose answer benefits no one, to generate a shared bitcoin as the result, thusly severely limiting these coins that no one has ever seen.

It's like these folks never thought that maybe they should stop using all this energy that is effectively wasted and use those resources to you know, feed people, buy medicines for people, stop wars, etc.
I remember certain video cards cost 2.5x as much as they used to due to people buying them for mining. If your PC was too powerful it would cost more in electricity than you would make finding pieces of bitcoin so there was a fine line. I do not really understand bitcoin, but I got like $10 on pay pal just for fun. It is extremely volatile. At one point it was worth almost double what I paid then it dropped below what I paid now its back up to over $19.

I remember certain video cards cost 2.5x as much as they used to due to people buying them for mining. If your PC was too powerful it would cost more in electricity than you would make finding pieces of bitcoin so there was a fine line. I do not really understand bitcoin, but I got like $10 on pay pal just for fun. It is extremely volatile. At one point it was worth almost double what I paid then it dropped below what I paid now its back up to over $19.
Stay in the game until it hits $50

The miners use massive amounts of energy to resolve, as a group, increasingly complicated math problems, whose answer benefits no one, to generate a shared bitcoin as the result, thusly severely limiting these coins that no one has ever seen.

It's like these folks never thought that maybe they should stop using all this energy that is effectively wasted and use those resources to you know, feed people, buy medicines for people, stop wars, etc.
But why stop killing people? It makes them money. Lots of it.

Wait, Nord Steam in the line BRB.

Exactly.
$19 x 2.63157 = ???

****. It’s been years under sleepy inflation. Recalculate.

I made a chunk a few years ago in the solar and energy technology area. Got out too soon, but was perfectly satisfied with about 4x what I paid. Uncle Sam appreciated it too.