• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Venezuela - keep forgetting to ask Litos

ark steel

Reaction score
IIRC, Litos is in Venezuela. Are things as bad there as we see on our news feeds?

Personally I think the media is under-reporting how bad things are there. Please update us, Litos.

Well, it's not like the Venezuelan government is turning citizens into farm slaves ... wait ...

Right now writing from the cellphone but what I can quickly tell you is that people is tired of this government and their constant abuses, the protests are real, are non violent and have the support of the majority of the citizens. They still got the guns, the military with them and all the power it involves, they have armed paramilitary groups who they use to attack protesters without having to get policemen and national guards hands dirty. There's been murders, tortures, political imprisonments all over and still the military support this monsters. Also there's a communications blackout, only Twitter, internet and whatsapp are our sources of information. The local tv stations have soap operas and crap like everything is fine. This **** is getting to Vietnam level after the north took over

The protests aren't everyday so the country hasn't stopped, economically speaking but still there's a huge crisis regarding medicine and food. For the first time I'm seriously thinking about leaving the country that saw my birth and made me the man I am

Thanks for the concerns, I will try to keep you guys updated

And there you have it ladies and gentlemen. Straight from the horses mouth. This is what happens to a disarmed populace.

SX9QawO.jpg

Right now writing from the cellphone but what I can quickly tell you is that people is tired of this government and their constant abuses, the protests are real, are non violent and have the support of the majority of the citizens. They still got the guns, the military with them and all the power it involves, they have armed paramilitary groups who they use to attack protesters without having to get policemen and national guards hands dirty. There's been murders, tortures, political imprisonments all over and still the military support this monsters. Also there's a communications blackout, only Twitter, internet and whatsapp are our sources of information. The local tv stations have soap operas and crap like everything is fine. This **** is getting to Vietnam level after the north took over

The protests aren't everyday so the country hasn't stopped, economically speaking but still there's a huge crisis regarding medicine and food. For the first time I'm seriously thinking about leaving the country that saw my birth and made me the man I am

Thanks for the concerns, I will try to keep you guys updated

Thanks, good luck to you. What you describe sounds like what we are seeing on TV. Sucks pretty hard. Buff or Ron Burgundy are the resident 1%'ers that should have no problem putting you up for a few days. You'd have to learn to speak Canuckistani or Yinzer, I guess.

And there you have it ladies and gentlemen. Straight from the horses mouth. This is what happens to a disarmed populace.

They still got the guns, the military with them and all the power it involves, they have armed paramilitary groups who they use to attack protesters without having to get policemen and national guards hands dirty.

Yep, you don't need the AR-15 or the magazine with more than 8 rounds in it.