• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Volvo Plans to Go Electric, to Abandon Conventional Car Engine by 2019

Yeah but in a zombie apocalypse I'm taking the gas engine.

Reactions: MTC
That looks like an iPad glued to a dashboard. Yuck.

I think it looks CLEAN

20160331_213033.jpg

"Tesla in recent weeks has confirmed a number of key performance details regarding the Model 3, including the fact that it will be able to go from 0-60 MPH in 5.6 seconds and that the entry-level model will have a range of 215 miles."

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/tesla/...nfirms-production-and-launch-event-this-month

See here's the thing about electric cars: most electricity is still generated by burning fossil fuel so really this accomplishes nothing. If we go to all electric powered vehicles you will just be centralizing where the fuel is burned.

The Greenies conveniently ignore how much pollution is created by producing and disposing of batteries too. As a car guy i like the hydrogen fuel cell idea much better.

The Greenies conveniently ignore how much pollution is created by producing and disposing of batteries too. As a car guy i like the hydrogen fuel cell idea much better.

Tesla has a battery recycling plant as well.

Hey Spike, did you put in your preorder for a T3? I'll let you know when mine comes. It's 20fucking17 and I want to live in the future Dammit!!

I'll wait till the next oil crisis

gas_price_sign_LED_2_matrix.jpg

I can get one of these cheap, for under $5000 and less than 80,000

2009 Ford Crown Victoria Police, Interceptor

2009_ford_crown_victoria-pic-4831482012716222487-1024x768.jpeg

Bolt on a brush guard and spotlight, good to go

Last edited:
See here's the thing about electric cars: most electricity is still generated by burning fossil fuel so really this accomplishes nothing. If we go to all electric powered vehicles you will just be centralizing where the fuel is burned.

Don't worry about burning more coal.
The country gets a free electrical grid upgrade too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Fossil fuels for use in personal vehicles will eventually go away through innovation, I get that. But a few question for those closely following this.
1. Is there a sufficient power grid now to handle the conversion?
2. What will be done with the massive amount of old batteries?
3. When will the charging stations be as prevalent as a gas station?
4. Why isn't hydrogen being promoted as strongly? It's emissions being water.

If you want to spend more on parts and repairs than you spend on a car, buy a Volvo. Worst ******* car we have ever had.

There's a woman that I see at least once a week on my drive home. She's a snowflake with a green Prius that has a Bomma hope sticker on it. She sets her cruise control at 1 mile below the speed limit. Every time I pass her I honk, glare at her and usually flip her off, but she never looks at me. Hands at 10 and two, eyes straight ahead. Makes me so frickin mad. I'm going to try laying on the horn until she has to look over.

The snowflakes here drive with reckless abandon. Pretty funny to hear someone going below the speed limit

I'll wait till the next oil crisis

I can get one of these cheap, for under $5000 and less than 80,000

2009 Ford Crown Victoria Police, Interceptor

2009_ford_crown_victoria-pic-4831482012716222487-1024x768.jpeg

Bolt on a brush guard and spotlight, good to go

With less than 100k miles, that car will more than likely last, as a second car, another 10 years in the Florida Riviera. They have stress trained cranks and a lot of upgraded components as standard equipment. Our snowbirds have the luxury editions that the Haitian cab drivers flock to funerals for..lol.

With less than 100k miles, that car will more than likely last, as a second car, another 10 years in the Florida Riviera. They have stress trained cranks and a lot of upgraded components as standard equipment. Our snowbirds have the luxury editions that the Haitian cab drivers flock to funerals for..lol.

Those police cars do last a bit.
I may buy one myself

With less than 100k miles, that car will more than likely last, as a second car, another 10 years in the Florida Riviera. They have stress trained cranks and a lot of upgraded components as standard equipment. .

Thanks for the tip...it's still available

meanwhile, another car company tries to sell to China

Tesla's Model 3 Arrives With a Surprise 310-Mile Range

“We finally have a great, affordable, electric car—that’s what this day means,” Musk said. “I’m really confident this will be the best car in this price range, hands down. Judge for yourself.”

Here’s some of what Tesla disclosed at its plant in Fremont, California:

Two Battery Versions

Tesla has simplified the manufacturing process “dramatically,” Musk said. In the same factory space where Tesla can build 50,000 Model S or Model X cars, it will soon be able to produce 200,000 Model 3s. Part of that is due to a simplified package of options.

The car comes in two battery types: standard and extended range. Here’s how they break down:

Standard Battery:
Price: $35,000
Range: 220 miles (EPA estimated)
Supercharging rate: 130 miles in 30 minutes
Zero to 60 mph time: 5.6 seconds

Long Range Battery:
Price: $44,000
Range: 310 miles
Supercharging rate: 170 miles in 30 minutes (Same as Tesla’s Model S)
Zero to 60 mph time: 5.1 seconds

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-model-3-arrives-surprise-041157561.html

Tesla's Model 3 Arrives With a Surprise 310-Mile Range

That's still just a one-way trip to the grocery store in Montana.