• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Wake the "F" up, people!

Stewey. Glad we are on the same side, haha, don't hold back, brother, you are just building a head of steam!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Steeler Nation mobile app

This isn't even fun yet. Just wait til Elfie and Tibs get foamin at the mouth. Sad, yet funny.

It used to be Elfie that turned tail first and went into hiding after she got skuled, but Tibs has advanced that to where he leaves before he answers back to those that tried to help him get straight with reality.

You should read back on the election thread from last year. It'll give you some good laughs, and you'll see the times both high-tailed it from these forums to get to their safe places.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

This isn't even fun yet. Just wait til Elfie and Tibs get foamin at the mouth. Sad, yet funny.

It used to be Elfie that turned tail first and went into hiding after she got skuled, but Tibs has advanced that to where he leaves before he answers back to those that tried to help him get straight with reality.

You should read back on the election thread from last year. It'll give you some good laughs, and you'll see the times both high-tailed it from these forums to get to their safe places.

I was gonna say, this is nothing. Xn missed the past 8 years, especially election season in '08 and '12.

I dont want to hear about tolerance and sanity when this type of person is running the country. GTFOH with that bullshit. Clearly there is a divide with people of a certain mindset and beliefs that we are only worth what we can get by any means necessary. If the country will let corporate interest completely overshadow morality to the point its gotten to then eventually people will take on a mindset like the one we see now where we say dumb **** about each other from each of our sandboxes. No one owns a progressive mindset. Republicans can be forward thinking as well. Its all about who is willing to do whats right by more standards than just money, power, privilege, and look at actual progress. Like it or not that includes embracing a culture change as well. Previously oppressed people are gaining more voice and influence every generation.

You just don't get it, do you? The more liberal this country gets, the more the little guy is ******. Yeah, I know you don't like to believe this but trickle down economics works. If you think you can help the lower and middle class by sticking it to "corporations" you're a moron. All of the government assistance and wealth redistribution in the world won't help a tiny fraction of the people that a robust, growing economy would. Never has, never will. All it does is create and expand a permanent underclass dependent on government. It's failed in every society in which it's been tried. But you want to keep on shoving it down people's throats because keeping people dependent on government means MORE MONEY and MORE POWER to Washington. Which you somehow think equates to helping the little people. Insane.

You just don't get it, do you? The more liberal this country gets, the more the little guy is ******. Yeah, I know you don't like to believe this but trickle down economics works. If you think you can help the lower and middle class by sticking it to "corporations" you're a moron. All of the government assistance and wealth redistribution in the world won't help a tiny fraction of the people that a robust, growing economy would. Never has, never will. All it does is create and expand a permanent underclass dependent on government. It's failed in every society in which it's been tried. But you want to keep on shoving it down people's throats because keeping people dependent on government means MORE MONEY and MORE POWER to Washington. Which you somehow think equates to helping the little people. Insane.

If our govt continues to "stick it to corporations" then corporations will continue to move jobs to other more business-friendly countries. Every year it matters less and less where companies are located.

I am liking the Nation.

Trust me, it is much more dynamic than the "Chargers Community" in San Diego.

Their biggest challenge would be arguing the best place to eat Vegan, or who gives the best colonics.

I am liking the Nation.

Trust me, it is much more dynamic than the "Chargers Community" in San Diego.

Their biggest challenge would be arguing the best place to eat Vegan, or who gives the best colonics.

For the most part we are normal salt-of-the-earth people who don't play that ****, especially those of us from western PA originally. Here we discuss the glories of Primanti Brothers sandwiches, which would give the typical SoCal person a stroke just looking at it.

Last Friday's dinner at Primanti's:

Primantis_1_zpst9fa0xev.jpg

Corned beef, double meat. I killed it in ten minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTC
I too am glad that Trump is giving the troops the support they need. It has been too long of a practice of not equipping/supporting the troops and changing minds on tactics and within active conflicts.

There are actually even a few centrist, constitutionalists, who are very fiscally conservative. My fiscal conservatism borders on the extreme when people call themselves FCs. Though few of the centrists tend to post since the Lefts think they are Right (because they are to the right of them), while the Right thinks they are Lefts since they sit to the left of them as well.

One of those would be me. Fiscally conservative Socially Centrist. I like to think of myself as a Libertarian leaning independent, mainly because the Libertarian Party is chock full of wackos with stupid ideas.

One of those would be me. Fiscally conservative Socially Centrist. I like to think of myself as a Libertarian leaning independent, mainly because the Libertarian Party is chock full of wackos with stupid ideas.

I am from San Diego, but lived in Pittsburgh as a kid.

Kennywood Park, Bruno Samartino, and Chilly Billy Cardilly. Good times, and great memories.

I was excited to join the Steeler Nation, but as an ex Special Warfare guy from the Navy, wanted to puke when I saw all of the Trump bashing.

The problem nowadays is that we have too many metrosexuals and not enough men out there.

I do not agree with all Trump does, but one thing is for sure, he supports the troops. Unlike the last guy. Starbucks saluting, lackluster Commander in chief.

I thought, of all people, Steeler fans would get it, and support those that defend our freedom.

Very sad day indeed, you let me down.

Xnavycl

Actually this forum is 75% backing trump and Republican stance. May not agree with all he does but it is a refuge from main stream media kissing the libritards *** all da2

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Steeler Nation mobile app

While I agree that "Trickle Down Economics" are better than "redistribution of wealth by theft". Trickle down economics is predicated on the people with money actually investing it in order to create more jobs. What we have seen though, is that the rich have just decided to sit on their money and take advantage of a propped up Stock Market. I agree there should be increased incentives to reward investment in creating jobs. How do you do that? I don't have all the answers, but a couple things would help.

1. We need to switch to a SINGLE consumption Tax. It needs to be Constitutionally limited to a set tax rate. The tax then would be split into set percentages for Federal/State/County/incorporated Cities. The tax rate would not be allowed to be raised, and the split can not be changed. Lets assume that a person goes to a specific city to buy a car. Assume a 15% tax (I don't know what it should be), car is priced at $30,000 total sale is $34,500. $4,500 is then split (maybe 6/4/2/3) Fed gets $1800, State gets $1200, County $600, City $900. With no way to change distribution they have to learn to live within their means. If a State decides they need more money, than they have to figure out how to entice people to move to their state and spend more money there. If they do a bad job of this, people move to locations that do a better job, and they lose tax dollars and have to adjust accordingly

2. ALL NECESSITIES would be tax free. Now, that does not mean Alcohol, cigarettes, Soda Pop, or pre-packaged processed foods. Medical expenses, tax free. Child care, tax free. Education expenses, tax free.

3. REAL Welfare reform. All able bodied welfare recipients will be allowed to receive help as long as they have a full time job up to the level established as a "Liveable Wage. Let's assume Person A gets a job paying min wage @ $8 /hr and Livable wage is $15/hr, assistance would TOTAL $7/hr. Person B gets a job @ $13/hr, gets assistance TOTALING $2/hr. Person C is able bodied and does not want to work, Their assistance would be limited to (Livable wage - min wage) on this case $7/ hr. Legitimate persons of need would receive assistance upto $15/hr.

4. Corporate profit taxes would be assessed two ways. Tax would be applied to companies that pay less than livable wages, and to those that pay Management salaries at a disproportionate rate to employees. This does not mean business have to pay better or execs less money, just that they will be taxed for not doing it. Companies that pay less to their employees contribute to the welfare problems that exist. The tax applied will need to be more than paying employees.

These ideas encourage competition and does not hurt the lower class that spends almost all their money on necessities.

Last edited:
While I agree that "Trickle Down Economics" are better than "redistribution of wealth by theft". Trickle down economics is predicated on the people with money actually investing it in order to create more jobs. What we have seen though, is that the rich have just decided to sit on their money and take advantage of a propped up Stock Market. I agree there should be increased incentives to reward investment in creating jobs. How do you do that? I don't have all the answers, but a couple things would help.

1. We need to switch to a SINGLE consumption Tax. It needs to be Constitutionally limited to a set tax rate. The tax then would be split into set percentages for Federal/State/County/incorporated Cities. The tax rate would not be allowed to be raised, and the split can not be changed. Lets assume that a person goes to a specific city to buy a car. Assume a 15% tax (I don't know what it should be), car is priced at $30,000 total sale is $34,500. $4,500 is then split (maybe 6/4/2/3) Fed gets $1800, State gets $1200, County $600, City $900. With no way to change distribution they have to learn to live within their means. If a State decides they need more money, than they have to figure out how to entice people to move to their state and spend more money there. If they do a bad job of this, people move to locations that do a better job, and they lose tax dollars and have to adjust accordingly

2. ALL NECESSITIES would be tax free. Now, that does not mean Alcohol, cigarettes, Soda Pop, or pre-packaged processed foods. Medical expenses, tax free. Child care, tax free. Education expenses, tax free.

3. REAL Welfare reform. All able bodied welfare recipients will be allowed to receive help as long as they have a full time job up to the level established as a "Liveable Wage. Let's assume Person A gets a job paying min wage @ $8 /hr and Livable wage is $15/hr, assistance would TOTAL $7/hr. Person B gets a job @ $13/hr, gets assistance TOTALING $2/hr. Person C is able bodied and does not want to work, Their assistance would be limited to (Livable wage - min wage) on this case $7/ hr. Legitimate persons of need would receive assistance upto $15/hr.

4. Corporate profit taxes would be assessed two ways. Tax would be applied to companies that pay less than livable wages, and to those that pay Management salaries at a disproportionate rate to employees. This does not mean business have to pay better or execs less money, just that they will be taxed for not doing it. Companies that pay less to their employees contribute to the welfare problems that exist. The tax applied will need to be more than paying employees.

These ideas encourage competition and does not hurt the lower class that spends almost all their money on necessities.
Now that's the type of answer that positively contributes to the dialogue, well thought out, a catalyst for change.

I had to put on my thinking cap to appreciate it.

Well done.

Actually this forum is 75% backing trump and Republican stance. May not agree with all he does but it is a refuge from main stream media kissing the libritards *** all da2

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Steeler Nation mobile app