• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Want to see some terrorists get blown up?

Jedi mind trick! Katsung will be along soon to tell us it's a plot by the feds to brainwash his wife into thinking he's not nuts.

Btw. I hear Yanny, Yari and I'm Batman!

When they did this on the radio, I heard Yanni several times in a row, then I heard a Laurel....wtf??

On this link all I hear is Yanni.

Last edited:
I don't want to ruin the fun, but here is a tool that lets you play around with the frequency of the original recording to (maybe) hear both words.

But even when I put the slider all the way to "YANNY", I don't hear it. I hear "Year-ee", like someone previously stated.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/05/16/upshot/audio-clip-yanny-laurel-debate.html

The older/younger theory holds true in my house. Both my kids here "YANNY" (age 11 and 9), while me and my wife both hear "LAUREL".

By the way, the original recording is from a dictionary site and the pronunciation of Laurel.

I heard Laurel for the first time but I had to peg the sound bar all the way to the left. Everything less than that was Yanny.

I heard nothing but yanni the first 10 or so times I heard it, thinking you laurel people are nuts. Then I tried hard to hear laurel, now I can hear either one. Weird