• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

WATCH – Steelers S Troy Polamalu Receives Gold Jacket

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Just a day after Pittsburgh Steelers former head coach Bill Cowher, DB Donnie Shell, and OG Alan Faneca all received their gold jackets for being inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, it was finally S Troy Polamalu‘s turn on Saturday evening. In such a monumental moment resulting from Polamalu’s impact he’s had on the game and on Steeler Nation, our Yinzhers Podcast co-hosts summed it up best:

Troy getting into the hall is one of the most emotional experiences we’ve had in a while. So much love for that man.

— YINZHERS (@yinzhers) August 7, 2021

Polamalu is a 2x Super Bowl Champion, the 2010 Defensive Player of the Year, a 4x First-Team All-Pro, a 2x Second-Team All-Pro, an 8x Pro Bowler, and a member of the 2000’s All Decade Team, as well as the Steelers All-Time Team. Truly, an amazing player and man, on and off the field. I couldn’t be happier for this man!

Without further ado, WATCH this monumental moment:

.@tpolamalu gets his gold jacket.
🙌

📺
: #PFHOF20 Enshrinement on @nflnetwork pic.twitter.com/TAe5ZKRh1x

— NFL (@NFL) August 7, 2021

Thoughts? Feelings? Favorite Polamalu moments ever? Sound off in the comment section below! Congratulations, Troy!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

What a special honor bestowed upon such a special person. Isn't Ike and a couple others there? Give us updates, pics, stories - whatever guys. Much thanks.

P.S. Omar, go **** yourself with a prickly cactus for your avatar. :LOL:

Troy's speech...wow! The way he spoke about the game of football, the impact of his teammates and coaches, and what it means to be a Pittsburgh Steeler. A Hall of Fame player and person just delivered a Hall of Fame speech.

Troy's speech...wow! The way he spoke about the game of football, the impact of his teammates and coaches, and what it means to be a Pittsburgh Steeler. A Hall of Fame player and person just delivered a Hall of Fame speech.
Amen!! They should play that speech for every rookie they draft from now on .... and quiz them as to what they learned.

So humble yet so talented. The man The gift The legend.

As a fan of this franchise, I will ALWAYS consider myself blessed and privileged, to be able to say that Troy Polamalu played for my team, and I got to cheer for him, for 12 seasons

I was telling ol girl Shell had a great religious theme, Polamalu a great thankful theme. I tried not to listen to the rest of the speeches but what I heard was I I I my my my or dissing this or that person. Steelers present with class. Listen young Steeler players one and all, Troy represents what you should inspire to be on and off the field. Ditto Shell.

It was a shame I saw so many empty seats in the stands when Cowher took the stage - but when the day is that long for so many, hard not to understand I guess.

But he delivered a very classy, down-to-earth and humbled speech. He even shushed the crowd when they booed Cleveland, and they complied. Don't **** with The Chin. Great weekend to be a Pittsburgh Steelers fan.

On a side note, anybody a little surprised at his bust? Didn't really look like him at all. And even though he was caressing the chin when they revealed it, they should've accentuated it a little more IMO. I think Cowher would've wanted it that way. I know it's not like they're drawing a caricature, but they could've given it a little a more "oomph". Lol.

A Hall of Fame player and person just delivered a Hall of Fame speech.

There was a point in the speech where Troy seemed to get out of his own head and was just spitting fire, and I was blown away. Was like wow, this is a truly special person.

Great night. Great weekend to be a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. Very special time.

It was a shame I saw so many empty seats in the stands when Cowher took the stage - but when the day is that long for so many, hard not to understand I guess.

But he delivered a very classy, down-to-earth and humbled speech. He even shushed the crowd when they booed Cleveland, and they complied. Don't **** with The Chin. Great weekend to be a Pittsburgh Steelers fan.

On a side note, anybody a little surprised at his bust? Didn't really look like him at all. And even though he was caressing the chin when they revealed it, they should've accentuated it a little more IMO. I think Cowher would've wanted it that way. I know it's not like they're drawing a caricature, but they could've given it a little a more "oomph". Lol.
Yeah I was disappointed with the lack of likeness. I thought the touching of the chin was a kid on his slobbering/spitting habit like he was wiping the spit off?😅

Right? Like come on guys, I know you're trying to be respectful, but also be real. The chin was the chin. Show the damn thing for what it really was, that's all.

The bust didn't scream Bill Cowher. The eyes were off and they probably should've went with his signature mustache and not the goatee.

I was surprised to see that they gave his bust a goatee beard, makes me wonder if he requested them to do that? I mean, in his 15 yrs as head coach, he very rarely rocked a beard, it was almost always just a mustache. I was looking forward to seeing a bust of Coach Cowher with his big ol' chin jutting out!

I was surprised to see that they gave his bust a goatee beard, makes me wonder if he requested them to do that?

I really have no idea, but just thinking about the way The Chin has embraced "The Chin", I can't see him requesting that. Yeah that totally caught us off guard.

The bust didn't scream Bill Cowher. The eyes were off and they probably should've went with his signature mustache and not the goatee.

Not at all. That was disappointing, but oh well, it was still a great night.

Troy is the Eddie Van Halen of football. ******* genius at work. So special and so unique...never duplicated.

I still can’t believe Rodgers broke up with Olivia Munn
I take it that cat is a difficult partner to whatever female he takes on.

Yeah I was disappointed with the lack of likeness. I thought the touching of the chin was a kid on his slobbering/spitting habit like he was wiping the spit off?😅
I researched it I think I was in error he was just looking at the chin likeness. One of those rare instances that I will be wrong I am sure.🤓

I still can’t believe Rodgers broke up with Olivia Munn

I think you have is backwards...................OLIVIA broke up with the ******** rodgers.

Salute the nation