• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

WATCH – Steelers S Troy Polamalu Receives Gold Jacket

I can't say enough of Troy's speach, he nailed what it means to be a STEELERS. We have players that are so selfish and centered on themselves that they couldn't fill 1/10 of Troy's shoes.

His gratitude of family / team / coaches / is genuine and not just speach talk. When he said to his boys...... " the best thing I can do for you is to love your mother" I about cried but yet it is so true from the heart that many here today could learn from that, whether football player or not.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT IF YOU HAVEN'T, YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HIS SPEACH. You can find it on YouTube and it is well worth the time.

Thank You TROY POLAMALU

Salute the nation and Troy

Amazing speech from an amazing human being. Thanks for keeping the torch lit.

That should be required viewing for all future rookies and prospects.

That is champions mindset in the ultimate team sport.

Yea, what was up with Cowher's bust? A goatee?? You didn't get in for playing, you got in for coaching. Looked like him as a player. It would have been more realistic having a bust of Steely McBeam! Ugh...

Agreed on the Cowher bust...weird.

My understanding is that the sculptor follows the inductees instructions on the bust.

It must be how Cowher likes to perceive himself.

To me, the features were too rounded and smooth and not angular enough, but it's his bust.

Troy's speech...wow! The way he spoke about the game of football, the impact of his teammates and coaches, and what it means to be a Pittsburgh Steeler. A Hall of Fame player and person just delivered a Hall of Fame speech.

It was an awesome spectacle. Tom Benson stadium was actually Heinz Field Saturday night. You had some Cowboys and Bronco fans, but it was 70% PIT in that stadium. So many former Steelers there too. Right in front of my seat. Heath Miller, Ryan Clark, Keisel, Potsie, Deebo, Porter, Ike Taylor came up to us and fist bumped my son and I. Casey Hampton, Willie Colon. Hamp trying to go incognito with the Polamalu jersey and a towel over his head (didn’t work). Jeff Hartings too I believe was in attendance. Being there, you could feel the energy coming off Troy words, Cowher and Coach LeBeau were both tapping their hearts when he was talking about what It meant to be a Steeler. He was so respectful to every HOF’er up there. The crowd just totally erupted when he released his hair and reaffirmed his heritage. Just a fantastic event to witness.

I was telling ol girl Shell had a great religious theme, Polamalu a great thankful theme. I tried not to listen to the rest of the speeches but what I heard was I I I my my my or dissing this or that person. Steelers present with class. Listen young Steeler players one and all, Troy represents what you should inspire to be on and off the field. Ditto Shell.

Donnie Shell was one of my favorite players to watch when I was a kid. He was everywhere on the field. He was also one of the few I got to continue watching after the last SB of the 70’s. He hit ball carriers like Ronnie Lott before Lott. Most importantly, he was just as humble as Troy off the field. Just a great human being.

It was a shame I saw so many empty seats in the stands when Cowher took the stage - but when the day is that long for so many, hard not to understand I guess.

But he delivered a very classy, down-to-earth and humbled speech. He even shushed the crowd when they booed Cleveland, and they complied. Don't **** with The Chin. Great weekend to be a Pittsburgh Steelers fan.

On a side note, anybody a little surprised at his bust? Didn't really look like him at all. And even though he was caressing the chin when they revealed it, they should've accentuated it a little more IMO. I think Cowher would've wanted it that way. I know it's not like they're drawing a caricature, but they could've given it a little a more "oomph". Lol.

The empty seats were because, even though speeches were limited to 8 minutes, crowd applause would extend the inductees time. Plus the fact the network HAD to get their commercials in. Gheez it was worse than going to a game itself. Anyway, the shuttles from the HOF to the Hotel Village were ceasing at the time Johnson’s speech was ending and some folks didnt want to miss the bus or continue to get wet.

The seats in the very front section we’re family and friends of the inductees. Once they finished their speeches, those people left as well. Issac Bruce had maybe 50-60 people leave once he finished. Hutchinson and Edge James had a lot of folks as well.

I thought Cowhers bust was ok. It didn’t look like he had a goatee, but more how his chin/jawline were sculpted and it just looked like a goatee. Bill’s speech was passionate as well. Man, you could tell he was proud of all the “burgh“ folks there. He was choking up a bit.

Anyway just an awesome experience!! A big check off my bucketlist!