• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Watching CJ Stroud Game Tapes this morning

Trade KP? ok, I'll go along w it. Who will trade for KP? He might be he next 'almost' Ben Roethlisberger, I doubt it,but let's just say maybe he is the next Kirk Cousins, which is more like I feel at this moment...what do you do? More importantly, what does HCMT do?

I've had quite a bit of whiskey tonight (Adalalusia Stryker), and Weller (green, the cheap one). w my friend, a Maga Ukrainian neighbor, who is an expert in authoritarian government BUT also shares my like of good whiskey. We watched the UFC fights tonight. He understands my desire to rid myself of incompetence.

Until we have an NFL offense, and an NFL OL, we are screwed. If you have two QBs, the reality is that you have none. We are dependent upon the OL and OC hire. KP may have the goods but he needs to fix his nerves (yips), imo. Otherwise, we are doomed to repeat the last 4 years of "catch-up" ball we've been playing. We need a really good OL coach to make anything good happen, imo.

2021: Fix the RB situation and get Claypool more involved in the offense.

2022: Fix the OL and get an upgrade at WR, replace Juju.

2023: Upgrade OL, keep TJ healthy, play Warren more, get a new OC, watch Kenny improve.

2024: Upgrade OC, OL coaches and fix Kenny's problem in bailing the pocket.

2025: Fix the DC position and find a replacement for Heyward.

Maybe the problem is the one constant among all these failures.

2021: Fix the RB situation and get Claypool more involved in the offense.

2022: Fix the OL and get an upgrade at WR, replace Juju.

2023: Upgrade OL, keep TJ healthy, play Warren more, get a new OC, watch Kenny improve.

2024: Upgrade OC, OL coaches and fix Kenny's problem in bailing the pocket.

2025: Fix the DC position and find a replacement for Heyward.

Maybe the problem is the one constant among all these failures.

Mediocre Mike

10 percent of me calls him black Reese's Pieces.

He always leaves you wanting more.

Kendrick Green played 2 games before getting injured and put on IR. His last game was against the Steelers.
You’re correct but the Texans OL was dealing with injuries all season. Tunsil was their mainstay but they dealt with injuries all season.
Even two games as a starter with Kendrick Grern is scary though but really he didn’t play tat bad at his natural position of guard.

I personally feel Pittsburgh brass fell into the hype, “what if KP is another missed Dan Marino for the Steelers”, I think they thought with their heart instead of their heads…,
I get that, but KP was a Heisman Trophy finalist so he wasn’t exactly chopped liver.
Again, I’ll reserve judgement until I see him play under a decent OC. Which may or may not be with the Steelers.

Trade KP? ok, I'll go along w it. Who will trade for KP? He might be he next 'almost' Ben Roethlisberger, I doubt it,but let's just say maybe he is the next Kirk Cousins, which is more like I feel at this moment...what do you do? More importantly, what does HCMT do?

I've had quite a bit of whiskey tonight (Adalalusia Stryker), and Weller (green, the cheap one). w my friend, a Maga Ukrainian neighbor, who is an expert in authoritarian government BUT also shares my like of good whiskey. We watched the UFC fights tonight. He understands my desire to rid myself of incompetence.

Until we have an NFL offense, and an NFL OL, we are screwed. If you have two QBs, the reality is that you have none. We are dependent upon the OL and OC hire. KP may have the goods but he needs to fix his nerves (yips), imo. Otherwise, we are doomed to repeat the last 4 years of "catch-up" ball we've been playing. We need a really good OL coach to make anything good happen, imo.

Steelers traded Claypool so don't underestimate finding a partner for a bad trade.

I do think teams that run a Shanahan scheme would have at least some interest in Kenny. I wouldn't give him away for peanuts. But if you get offered a 3rd or higher, you have to think about it, especially if Kenny does not have the backing of the locker room.

The new OC should have a huge say. Presumably Canada had a say in bring Mitch and drafting Kenny. Let the new OC decide if Kenny fits and if he thinks he can coach him up.

My main concerns about Pickett are injuries and the locker room. No matter how good he might be if he doesnt have support guys are not going to give full effort. He also gets hurt alot which is not exactly his fault, but it is a fact. Pickett needs to find a way to get support, but w/ the maturity level of our WRs it may be tough

Chopped liver? A Turkish restaurant nearby serves the best liver and onions I've ever had.
That is the only meat I have ever had that I didn't care for. Even dislike the smell of it.

Reactions: GMC
Growing up, only mom, dad and me ate it. 2 sisters and 3 brothers never wanted it.

Now I'm in the mood for liver and onions!

I get that, but KP was a Heisman Trophy finalist so he wasn’t exactly chopped liver.
Again, I’ll reserve judgement until I see him play under a decent OC. Which may or may not be with the Steelers.
I've seen enough, he just doesn't make any plays that makes you think wow, he misses wide open guys and constantly leaves the pocket at the slightest sight of pressure. The two games everyone brings up when hyping Pickett are the Rats and Raiders games last season, well our offense scored 13 and 16 points in those game.
Yeah systems can help, but franchise QB's can make plays regardless of the system.

I've seen enough, he just doesn't make any plays that makes you think wow, he misses wide open guys and constantly leaves the pocket at the slightest sight of pressure. The two games everyone brings up when hyping Pickett are the Rats and Raiders games last season, well our offense scored 13 and 16 points in those game.
Yeah systems can help, but franchise QB's can make plays regardless of the system.
He definitely had a rough outing no denying that.

He has had a 300 yard game, 30 points game, 7 comeback wins.

I think he has had accurate games.

What concerns me the most besides his happy feet and not going through all his progressions is he has very limited multiple TD games. Which probably ties into his leaving the pocket too early and not going through all his reads.

I mention the positives as I think you have to when accessing any player.

I mention the negatives as that is what he has to work through.

I know KP isn't the flavor of the month. He might never be.

I will still give him the allotted time to see if he can sway opinions.

To do him justice you have to bring in appropriate competition as well as a coach known for developing QBs.

We do all agree that better QB is needed. For me that is what I have seen enough of..not good enough overall QB play on this team.

Mason in the same system looked better and the offense looked better in 3 games than it ever did under Kenny, then the other things, sitting in the box instead of the on the field with the team vs NE, then rumblings that he didn't want to dress if he wasn't starting vs Seattle, Tomlin obviously leaving him listed a QB1 to keep him happy, then him not talking during locker clean out day, non of those are good looks for a team captain QB1.

Mason in the same system looked better and the offense looked better in 3 games than it ever did under Kenny, then the other things, sitting in the box instead of the on the field with the team vs NE, then rumblings that he didn't want to dress if he wasn't starting vs Seattle, Tomlin obviously leaving him listed a QB1 to keep him happy, then him not talking during locker clean out day, non of those are good looks for a team captain QB1.
Mason looked good definitely. Except he still had red zone issues including a costly end zone INT. His better play led to his start no denying that.

The Kenny that we saw year 2 doesn't have to be Kenny year 3. It might be..it might not. Mason is a free agent. Probably won't return. Too many variables there with Rudolph... you bring him back you need to trade the other.

The team needs to figure out 2024. Personally if I bring in a QB I am trying to upgrade the room. Trying to. Same if I am taking the draft as an approach.

Change the QB, change the DC, change the OC, change the C, change the TE ...

8d697e.jpg

8d69jm.jpg

Change the QB, change the DC, change the OC, change the C, change the TE ...

8d697e.jpg

8d69jm.jpg
Yep they've done all that the last few seasons and here was are no playoff wins still.

Now we can blame this or that, but let’s not pretend that every defense Pickett faced was top 10. He turned in some clunkers against some pretty pedestrian defenses. Regardless of who starts at QB next year, they have to be A LOT better if the Steelers are to do anything other than be mediocre.

We only have to have a better than 50% record.

Canada influenced the decision to bring Mitch Tribusky in? Now I can't stand Canada even more!

I personally feel Pittsburgh brass fell into the hype, “what if KP is another missed Dan Marino for the Steelers”, I think they thought with their heart instead of their heads…,

I think they let sweet-talking Mike Tomlin convince them, for the Pickett.

Salute the nation