• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Watt/Garrett debate is laughable

I get what you're selling. And, I'm buying.
The problem is that it seems like the NFL Media Machine has been hyping this up as Garrett's year since the season started. And, if "The Brand" decides they don't want you to win an award, you ain't winning it. We saw this play out in the two years before TJ finally won DPOY.

You sure nailed that assessment,that's 100% spot on.

I would think Watt is focused on something he doesn't have, a playoff win and a superbowl championship.

A lot of these awards have turned into popularity contests. The Pro Bowl is the worst.

He's tied right now. I'm talking having the outright lead. Then there is absolutely no excuse/reason for him to not be DPOY.
I got you, still don't know how he loses out to Parsons or Garrett, he leads them in every category

I don't disagree Buckeye but I fail to see why Watt isn't the most marketable defender in the league. Lord knows his brother was on everything and I'm not sure when it's all said and done that TJ might he better.
There is a differential Drink IRON City where it would become too obvious. Then they probably go elsewhere.
Because he plays for Pittsburgh. Period the end...

Should be his 2nd DPOY as well.
Did you also know he has a touch down and a bunch of TFL?
How about FF and FR, have you heard anything about those?

Hmmmmmm, That TJ WATT must be a hell-a football player.

Salute the nation

So TJ leads the league in sacks again.
Not just again he broke the NFL record for leading the league in sacks three different times.

Pay attention NFL this is your DPOY.

Not just again he broke the NFL record for leading the league in sacks three different times.

Pay attention NFL this is your DPOY.

Nah that Dude is too professional... if he ran around dressed in halloween costumes and swatting QBs with helmets, then he might garner some votes...

Salute the nation
Should maybe be his 3rd or 4th actually.

TJ once again is hands down DPOY. Garrett a very good player but TJ is a game changer.
Media has been pimping Garrett since he got into the league.

it's also BS that they want to give MVP to Lamar. It sucks that they just want to give it to the QB on one of the best teams each year.

McCaffrey, Tyreek Hill, CeeDee Lamb should all be ahead of Lamar in MVP

Salute the nation
Some people attribute Ws to QBs

But almost every year you can look to at least 2-3 games and give TJ the W

What other defensive player does that?

He’s a game wrecker, a game changer, a finisher, a closer and very damn thing you want in a defender

Give him his flowers NFL

Garrett and Parsons are 5 sacks below Watt. They shouldn't even be in the DPOY conversation anymore. Watt has 19 and is 1.5 above his closest competitor plus all of the other things Watt does. This really isn't a competition at this point. Watt took the DPOY award and ran away with it. There is no reason/excuse anyone can possibly give to say someone else deserves it over Watt - NONE!

Garrett and Parsons are 5 sacks below Watt. They shouldn't even be in the DPOY conversation anymore. Watt has 19 and is 1.5 above his closest competitor plus all of the other things Watt does. This really isn't a competition at this point. Watt took the DPOY award and ran away with it. There is no reason/excuse anyone can possibly give to say someone else deserves it over Watt - NONE!
Nope, and now they can't say well Garrett is in the playoffs and Watt isn't, Garrett had 1 sack in his last 6 games, when the Browns were making their playoff push.

For every game Mason Rudolph wins, it further hurts the chances of Myles Garrett to win DPOY. His only chance was keeping us out of the playoffs, but Rudy saw to that to make sure we got in!

That's what you get Myles for lying to the league that Rudy said the N-word to try and justify your assault and battery on a football field.

Never Forget what an A-Hole Myles Garrett is!