• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

We know he's a player's coach, but.....

I made it up. Just like " players coach" or other nonsense like " he would be hired in 5 minutes ". Nobody really knows that.

I think you need to consider character heavily in the draft process. I mean Jesus look at the photo of George Pickens standing in front of his TV getting announced as a Steelers draft pick. Like if that doesn't get your antenna up... so when you get those guys you do not make them multi millionaires on your team. Lastly if you make a poor investment in a guy who is not pulling the rope in the direction you want you take a loss. You cannot win substantially with those players.
Last Tomlin thing I'm critical of is his overemphasis on draft status as he would say pedigree. I think anytime you do not put the best player on the field for any reason you send a horrible message to your group.
I remember when they drafted Mendenhall. I was excited because for some reason Illinois football was on some that year and he always looked good. In the bowl game he was the best player out there even with all those USC players. Then they interviewed him and I thought, oh shiit, they got Ricky Williams.

Tomlin shows up late and leaves early. He's not on the ball. His players learn from him.
He also fat to go along with lazy

I’ll cut him slack for showing up late, obviously he is the one stopping for the donuts so he is excused for his tardiness

But dude shows up 2 hrs late from grabbing donuts then has to leave 2 hours too

Fat, lazy bumb

I do know this.

Cowher stayed approx. 4 hrs after the game, before he came out to leave for home. Many around me said he usually watched the game film (less commercials ect.. I still got to spend about 8 minutes with him and his wife / daughter.

There was only about 20 of us left to get autographs, and I knew that Bill always stayed to the last one. I gave my spot up so I could be the last one. I told him where I was from (long ways and he said he never had a fan from there before) so he gave me extra time. He was great, we talked non-football, and he was genuinely a very good man. Wife and kid was awesome as well.

I don’t know and haven’t heard any story’s of how long after game Coach Tomlin stays. I’d like to hear of how much time he puts in and I also realize it would be a lot. Today’s game hasn’t evolved to 8-5 job, but then again, one never knows.

Salute the nation

Even if he stayed 20 hours a day wouldn't it be a case of the point of diminishing returns or quantity over quality? I don't think the issue would be the amount of time he's at the building, and more time there would probably only extend his tentacles of mediocrity.

I want Tomlin in the building less lol.

I remember when they drafted Mendenhall. I was excited because for some reason Illinois football was on some that year and he always looked good. In the bowl game he was the best player out there even with all those USC players. Then they interviewed him and I thought, oh shiit, they got Ricky Williams.
We "wish" they got Ricky Williams. RW was twice the player that Spin-and-Fall ever was. No, RW was not worth the entire draft class of N.O. that year, but he wasn't a bum either. He played for a good bit. He played 11 years, put up 10,000 yards, including a season with over 1,800 yards. Spin-and-Fall never came close to amounting to what RW did.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillRi00.htm

We "wish" they got Ricky Williams. RW was twice the player that Spin-and-Fall ever was. No, RW was not worth the entire draft class of N.O. that year, but he wasn't a bum either. He played for a good bit. He played 11 years, put up 10,000 yards, including a season with over 1,800 yards. Spin-and-Fall never came close to amounting to what RW did.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillRi00.htm
My point was Ricky Williams was a flake, and sounded like it. Mendenhall reminded me of him when they interviewed him when he was drafted.

My point was Ricky Williams was a flake, and sounded like it. Mendenhall reminded me of him when they interviewed him when he was drafted.
I get it, but flake or not RW gets diminished a lot more than he actually deserves is my point. His production was a lot more significant than Spin-and-Fall's is my point. RW get's dinged all the time for being a "flake" but he was productive for a lot of his 11 years in the NFL. Not many RBs can say they had over 1,800 yards in one season or over 10,000 yards in their careers. RW ended up with more yards than such RBs as: Clinton Portis, Matt Forte, Chris Johnson, Shaun Alexander9, Earl Campbell, Ahman Green9, Zeke Elliott, Terry Allen, Jim Taylor, Willis McGahee, Earnest Byner, Herschel Walker, Roger Craig, Priest Holmes, Maurice Jones-Drew, Larry Csonka, Garrison Hearst, Terrell Davis, and Curt Warner. Not bad company?

Just play this on loop until Saturdays game, then turn the game sound off and use this for your sound.

Better yet play this on a loop for those who need a refresher. It's 2 years old, but it's got most of Mikey's greatest hits.