• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Wendy's is replacing its lowest-paid workers with robots

We use cameras to take a photo of you at check out that have 97% accuracy on determining your age, race and gender. .

Profiling is racist! - Board Libtards

I would say that close to 90% of what I buy retail is via Amazon Prime and a couple other websites like Zappos. You can even research and buy a big screen TV and have it delivered to your house the same day. That is literally killing the box stores. Just today it was announced that HH Gregg's shares dropped to 13 cents and they are being de-listed from the NSE. Their headquarters are right down the street from my office. The former owners, before they went public, are family friends. At least they got out years ago in good shape. So that's kind of sad. But Walmart? **** those ********. I hope they do go under. They can get ******. I haven't been in any of their horrific hellholes in a decade.

Grocery stores are going to be on the bubble in the future too. My wife still makes Costco runs for supplies but I buy most of our food from the local butcher and farmer's market. And with Amazon Now same day grocery deliveries they could really be in trouble. There are even apps like Drizzly to bring you booze in a few minutes. Instead of the expensive overhead of a fancy liquor store they can operate out of cheap warehouse space. And not worry about potentially getting knocked off every night. Things are changing indeed.

My main thing with online shopping is that stores have cut their inventories to save costs and often I can't find what I want or my size when I go to brick and mortar stores. But I can go to Giant Eagle, buy an Amazon gift card, and still get my gas points.

bought some charging cords off Amazon a month ago. Still havent received them and the seller hasn't responded.
yay