• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What a Shame

fnegro

Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to wrap my head around how a team can leave one of it's members, the one that served multiple tours in basically Hell, standing all alone for the anthem and how Tomlin can even try to criticize AV for being disrespectful of the team?
My Steelers are above any of this bull, or at least I though they were. How do guys that make millions have the audacity to protest the national anthem? I mean really? The sight of AV standing all by himself was heartbreaking and inspirational at the same time.
I may have watched my last Steeler/nfl game.

With a user name like that, you are not long for this place. See ya when we see ya, Elfie.

You have to remember Tomlin is a Hillary stooge

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin to host expensive Hillary Clinton fundraiser

According to an event invitation obtained by TribLIVE.com, tickets to the event will cost anywhere between $10,000 and $33,400. The more expensive ticket will include a meeting with both Clinton and Tomlin.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...to-host-expensive-hillary-clinton-fundraiser/

she probably ordered him to pull this stunt

Alejandro-Villanueva-595x383.jpg

Steeler’s team told not to stand with Villanueva

I wonder what Rocky Bleier would say

I know Tomlin is a huge Hillary supporter, not sure why that is though since she has had a larger hand in keeping people down than anyone before her. Just look at the number of people of color that switched to Trump.

After hearing about the steelers disapproving Villanueva's stance, I'm quite disappointed in the team right now.

Alejandro showed tons of courage. In what will be probable backlash against him by the left and fellow teammates and members of other teams.

The nfl really let it's fans down.

I get that you guys are stuck in the Fox News echo chamber.

But it's not what Tomlin said.

He just wanted team unity, on whatever they decided. He wasn't disapproving of Villanueva's standing for the flag. But please, go on bullshitting each other...

I get that you guys are stuck in the Fox News echo chamber.

But it's not what Tomlin said.

He just wanted team unity, on whatever they decided. He wasn't disapproving of Villanueva's standing for the flag. But please, go on bullshitting each other...

I think Tomlin's intentions were to avoid the drama of the pre game festivities. Which is fine by me. The backlash that resulted is probably not fixable.

Many posters here are fed up. They fought and served and are proud of this great country.
I assume you're a veteran too. There are two arguments on this stance.

Although I haven't served. My gramps, dad and uncle have. I do carry national pride and understand rights/freedoms. With today's tensions, there is criticism.

I'm remaining neutral in the process, but for the team to disapprove over a player who served is not cool

I think Tomlin's intentions were to avoid the drama of the pre game festivities. Which is fine by me. The backlash that resulted is probably not fixable.

Many posters here are fed up. They fought and served and are proud of this great country.
I assume you're a veteran too. There are two arguments on this stance.

Although I haven't served. My gramps, dad and uncle have. I do carry national pride and understand rights/freedoms. With today's tensions, there is criticism.

I'm remaining neutral in the process, but for the team to disapprove over a player who served is not cool

What's done is done. Next week everyone will be back on the same page. I hope.

AV is a patriot and a good player (got his *** whipped last week tho). I hope there's no negativity in the locker room over this.

I doubt this will kill football by itself. But combined with the concussion thing, and high schools switching to lacrosse, it could spell doom in a decade or so.

Really SV, you should stop reading CNN. The fact that Tomlin let AV stand alone speaks for itself, but you say he didn't disapprove. How can he expect unity on such a divisive issue when, unless I'm wrong, AV is the only player on the team that has served? Bottom line is there is no room for politics in sports. Bad enough that every ahole that considers themselves a celebrity now thinks their opinion is the only one that matters and that we should all live our lives based on what they think.

Bottom line is there is no room for politics in sports.

You must be like, 15 years old.

Witness Jesse Owens.

Witness Muhammad Ali.

Witness the Miracle on Ice.

You know nothing about the history of sports. It has ALWAYS been connected to politics. Always.

Looks like when someone disagrees with you the insults start to fly. ESAD...*******!

Are all the mods on vacation or on strike? We now have no less then three running threads on this.

Looks like when someone disagrees with you the insults start to fly. ESAD...*******!

He is. The fact that our resident troll Hungarian likes all his venom says a lot. He's just one of those Mr.Know It All type ******** with an ax to grind,who hates white conservative males with a passion. He's an easy read and even easier to just ignore.

He is. The fact that our resident troll Hungarian likes all his venom says a lot. He's just one of those Mr.Know It All type ******** with an ax to grind,who hates white conservative males with a passion. He's an easy read and even easier to just ignore.

Ah, yet another snowflake. So now it's a problem I click 'like' on Vanguard's posts? I do so because Vanguard hits it out of the park. Sorry that triggers you. Maybe you should petition the mods to take the 'like' button away so it doesn't hurt your feelings.

Last edited:

Of course, neither of you wants to address the point. Which is what you do.

Sports and politics have always been connected. Keep avoiding it all you want, it don't change the facts.

Buster, don't bother. SV is right about all things...He's a true legend in his own mind!

He’s a legend in the minds of poor white chicks with daddy issues and drug problems too.

Politics aside Vanguard and Tibs are ok in football based conversations. Little to agree with on the Political side but they aren't Elfie either. this new guy seems like a bit of an ***. He needs to tone it down a bit and get his feet wet before acting all cocky.

Tibs and SV just have to feed their need for attention. That is why they refuse to engage in a logical conversation on any political issue. Their need for attention is not unlike the athletes and celebrities they idolize and the President that they despise.