• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What are the Steelers waiting on???

Seriously though we all joke about Cooch but here’s hoping the guy is ok and nothing happened to him.
Hoping he just got tired of us giving him crap and moved off the site.
Of course I don't wish any man or woman ill. Nor should anyone else. Only one that judges and I am not him.

I will rib him but ultimately I hope him well. I don't even have to care for a person to wish them well I just do. Won't stop me from saying my peace, but there is something to be said for peaceful in general. It is nice to experience it whenever...

ABSOLUTELY Gentlewmen, never wish bad on anyone. I too hope he is doing well and representing STEELERS Well.

I miss his trade abilities and if Tomlin would just turn Coooch lose, we’d never have a bad trade or 1st round pick.

Salute the nation

CAM is going nowhere. You don’t just cut NFL MAN OF THE YEAR, highest NFL honors.

Rework his contract, hopefully, but there will not be an outright ”CUT”. Maybe explore trade Scenario.

Salute the nation
Yep. The Steelers probably extend him for more money. Every year he has been in the running for this unbelievable football honor of an award. He has finally been awarded it. Congrats to Cam. Maybe he can now concentrate on winning a SB.....or perhaps a playoff game. Let's get it done Cam"Man of the Year" Heyward!!!!

A significantly smaller cap hit and monster special teams play.

I never said to keep him at his current cap hit. But I did say keep him. A veteran presence is much needed in the WR room. Johnson is not that guy, despite his experience. Pickens and Austin are still very young. Johnson absolutely cannot be the veteran presence in that group.

Yep. The Steelers probably extend him for more money. Every year he has been in the running for this unbelievable football honor of an award. He has finally been awarded it. Congrats to Cam. Maybe he can now concentrate on winning a SB.....or perhaps a playoff game. Let's get it done Cam"Man of the Year" Heyward!!!!

I totally hear yaz stillwright, but it’s the owner that takes the BIG pride in that award. It is a big award but add in the helping of others…….. that puts it over the top. Rooney isn’t going to allow CAM to be outright cut. They will find middle ground.

Salute the nation

Cam has been the man, but you would think how much time he spent on sidelines and getting the award he would just hang them up, while on the positive side of playing.

Allen Robinson has 34, 33, and 38 receptions over the past three years with three different teams. Either he doesn't have it anymore or no one is using him properly.
All I know is...he is a very good run blocker out of the slot position for a wide receiver.

"DL? we don't need no DL. Just a **** ton of LBs!"
/Mike Vincent Lombardi Tomlin

"DL? we don't need no DL. Just a **** ton of LBs!"
/Mike Vincent Lombardi Tomlin

I think that SAME character said “you don’t need linemen, when you have weapons“

It was in an interview referring to needing OL, just before the draft.

Same character neglected the trenches ever since, until recently……….. Omar & Andy…… Threatened him !!!!

Salute the nation

Allen Robinson isn't done, they just never used him...like at all. We can rework his deal, but he's the type of veteran you want on the team.

Patrick Peterson was used a ton last year, and sure he may not be the shut down corner he once was, but in a secondary that is thin as can be, and now with him transitioning more towards the safety spot, he's another guy you rework the deal to keep around.

Cam absolutely needs to take less, Larry O is still a guy you need on a thin DL. It's been pointed out, this draft is thin at DL, and we already have the highest paid defense in the league. You're not gonna see a big time free agent signing. We need Demarvin Leal to step up, he showed signs his rookie year, and got lost in the shuffle this year. Him and Loudermilk.
and if Dri Archer pans out we'll have a three headed monster in the backfield

YOU and I both know that Scott, but ownership isn’t cutting NFL’s Man of th Year.

Totally for re-working or finding a way to have him cost less.

Salute the nation
Likely gets a 2-3 extension with a new truckload of bonus money and kick the can down the road
Deuce loves an award winner for the face of his charity

Of course I don't wish any man or woman ill. Nor should anyone else. Only one that judges and I am not him.

I will rib him but ultimately I hope him well. I don't even have to care for a person to wish them well I just do. Won't stop me from saying my peace, but there is something to be said for peaceful in general. It is nice to experience it whenever...
i can think of a few politicians that could make the world better by feeding worms, not that i'm wishing
but worms gotta eat too

Come on Art, Omar and Andy. Let’s ******* move on from the rest of the dead wood on this team and open up more cap space.
Should be gone soon and no later than the end of the week.
Pat Peterson. Stick a fork in him, he’s been done.
Allen Robinson. Same as Pat Pete.
Cam Hayward. Was a very good player for a lot of years but come on man, at 35 it’s time now to move on. This is not the Salvation Army and we need to get younger. Cams been made a multi millionaire so it’s time to enjoy retirement. They start getting more and more injuries at this juncture and he’s too expensive just to be a good locker room guy.
Larry O. The guy just disappears for long stretches and the contract just can’t be justified to keep him.
Start seeing if there is any interest for Dionte Johnson. I don’t know if there is a market for him but I’d be exploring it.
Get younger and use this new cap space to sign some younger DL, and an ILBer, CB, and WR.
Draft JPJ the center from Oregon in first round, best offensive tackle in second round, WR in third round.
Out with the old and in with the new. Build around Kenny and give him him a chance to succeed,
Let’s go, come on!

You were on a crazy train roll with get rid of this dead weight, get rid of that dead weight, don't forget to punt that dead weight over there ... and then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, you totally switched gears and are like "hey, let's build around Pickett." It was like a bonkers movie you can't stop watching, even if you don't like it, but then it ends with a WTF and you have no idea what happened.

i can think of a few politicians that could make the world better by feeding worms, not that i'm wishing
but worms gotta eat too

Dang, so close to an ”Outlaw Jose Whales” QUOTE.

In reference to them just killing two guys, the kid say to Jose “I wish we had time to bury them”

Jose: “ worms eat, but buzzards gotta eat too”

Salute the nation

You were on a crazy train roll with get rid of this dead weight, get rid of that dead weight, don't forget to punt that dead weight over there ... and then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, you totally switched gears and are like "hey, let's build around Pickett." It was like a bonkers movie you can't stop watching, even if you don't like it, but then it ends with a WTF and you have no idea what happened.
Look, Kenny is not going anywhere so we have to build around him to give him every opportunity to succeed.
How do you build around your QB? Get rid of dead wood to open up cap space and sign players that can help accomplish it.
If Kenny blows it in 24 then you move on and try and get your QB in 25.

Dang, so close to an ”Outlaw Jose Whales” QUOTE.

In reference to them just killing two guys, the kid say to Jose “I wish we had time to bury them”

Jose: “ worms eat, but buzzards gotta eat too”

Salute the nation
was thinking of Josey when i wrote that, haha
was gonna say a worm has to eat the same as a buzzard (flipping it) but wanted to see if anyone else went there

"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms" was the exact quote if memory serves but KUDOS to you for picking up what i was laying down after all one man gathers what another man spills (completely different obscure reference haha)...but I digress

Some of the best lines are in that spaghetti western classic
Can rewatch that one over and over

Some of the best lines are in that spaghetti western classic
Can rewatch that one over and over
Know why they call it spaghetti westerns? Usually it was a reference to where the westerns were made and or the race that made them.

It's hard to find a good plate of spaghetti these a days.

I never said to keep him at his current cap hit. But I did say keep him. A veteran presence is much needed in the WR room. Johnson is not that guy, despite his experience. Pickens and Austin are still very young. Johnson absolutely cannot be the veteran presence in that group.
With Robinson's presence, you had negative body language from DJ and Pickens at various points throughout the season and a lack of effort from both. I think a QB who can get the ball to the WRs would help with the attitude issues.

What do you want from thee 4th or 5th receiving option?
I'd like to see significantly less than a 12 million dollar cap hit from a 4th or 5th receiving option. How about you?

EDIT: 448 beat me to it.

Yes, Robinson's "veteran presence" really kept George and DJ in check last season.