• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

what is the biggest thing you are looking forward to out of the 2024 Steelers

The greatest coach ever can get what he gets done with a Duck at QB, no worries

He’s the greatest
8-8-1 is all we need. Of course 0-0-17 is a non-losing season too.

Looking forward to witnessing more competent and consistent quarterback play under a new offensive coordinator, and seeing how new linebackers Queen and Wilson can make a big difference defensively.

To continue showing progress that we have risen above our love feast with Tomlin and that it's a new game in Pgh, that's above and beyond Tomlin's imbecilic beliefs and warts. Keep showing this is Kahn's team and moving up and out of Shade's feeble reach and disabilities. Keep moving above and beyond Shade's feeble understandings.
you know less football than my youngest son yet you insult the intelligence of a man paid handomely to coach in the NFL

while he may not be the best coach out there, he is still light years smarter than you.

The man has given plenty of interviews and speeches at functions which clearly prove this

your hatred is ******* old

I think Arthur Smith has a more interesting and innovative offense than what we saw last year. Will Tomlin allow him to use it? Will Tomlin only allow plays that he himself is comfortable with?

That's what I want to see. If Tomlin dictates the offense we go 8-9. Let someone that knows offense call the plays, we get a better record. Our average ppg was about 18. Dallas average ppg was 29. Top teams were up around 27 ppg.

I want to see consistent, competent offensive play. Don't know if we will see that, but it is a dream of mine.

Would also like to see the defense live up to the hype outside of TJ Watt. We know what he brings. Lots of money elsewhere, but little to show for it.

A consistent punter will be nice too. Hope the new guy brings that.

All of the aforementioned.
I'm hoping all of the preseason hype that took place last year would come to fruition this year.

Last edited:
I am anxious to see the rookie class. The last time the Steelers drafted all the players that I coveted, I bought a Limas Sweed jersey to celebrate!

You still wearing that Jersey ???

I have some “lesser” Jerseys as well.

Salute the nation

I think Arthur Smith has a more interesting and innovative offense than what we saw last year. Will Tomlin allow him to use it? Will Tomlin only allow plays that he himself is comfortable with?

That's what I want to see. If Tomlin dictates the offense we go 8-9. Let someone that knows offense call the plays, we get a better record. Our average ppg was about 18. Dallas average ppg was 29. Top teams were up around 27 ppg.

Embrace that ONLY about 35% of Smith’s offense will be installed this year. Next season another 30% and so on, but also know that not all previous play book will be eliminated, ever.

That 30-35% this year is enough when combined with the better timing of play calling, better execution, way less % of defense knowing the play……….. ect..

Salute the nation

Embrace that ONLY about 35% of Smith’s offense will be installed this year. Next season another 30% and so on, but also know that not all previous play book will be eliminated, ever.

That 30-35% this year is enough when combined with the better timing of play calling, better execution, way less % of defense knowing the play……….. ect..
If nothing else, Smith has a clear identity and philosophy on offense, something this team has been missing for several years. That alone should make this unit more cohesive.

We'll know fairly quickly the tenor of the offense and confirmation of how Shades (still) wants to play it: If during the last minute and a half of the first half of the first game Shades is keeping timeouts in his pocket instead of playing to get the ball back, then there's your answer that it's more of the same and he's dictating pace and flow of the offense.

I full expect them to >90% of the time snap the ball with <3 seconds on the play clock (as they've done for 2 decades at least) and to let the clock run off as much time as they can in most scenarios just because it's clear that Shades wants to shorten the games, limit possessions, and lean on his defensive genius and winning close games.

If nothing else, Smith has a clear identity and philosophy on offense, something this team has been missing for several years. That alone should make this unit more cohesive.

ADD in that Smith actually "hands on & interacts" in teaching his players, something O'Canada never ever did.

Salute the nation

Payton Wilson nuking people with the burst we haven't had since prime troy.
Jack Coletto lining up as a true FB in front of Harris and Warren. Blowing holes open like the great Dan Krieder did with Bettis and Parker. 2500+ rushing yards would be nice
Fields running like a young Lamar behind a top 5 O-line

I'm a dreamer, but it would be nice

You still wearing that Jersey ???

I have some “lesser” Jerseys as well.
Remember I was the one who first predicted Sweed would be cut when I saw his jersey selling for half off on the Steelers.com store while he was still on the team.

Remember I was the one who first predicted Sweed would be cut when I saw his jersey selling for half off on the Steelers.com store while he was still on the team.

Ron Burgundy, You will always be REMEMBERED !!!!

Salute the nation

The one thing I’ve been looking for coming out of this camp is the play of cory trice jr. Can he carry the db spot opposite JP2. Can the 2 Jrs carry us for the next decade? I believe after watching camp and even the play in the game where CT2 came up and stuck the tackle with txt book persuasion I believe it’s happening. Trice, Porter, Bishop… I think the secondary barring injuries has the potential to be a great one! We all know a great secondary has to have a great back story as well! These guys have great size, speed, pedigree. Beanie Bishop just had Steelers written on him from day one. With the qbs and receivers in our divison you know our guys will be tested severely from day one and with our pass rushers our boys will get help from day one. Throw in rookie MLB sensation Peyton Wilson and his incredible pass coverage skills from the middle of the field and like in days of yore this secondary starts to look tip top like many of the secondaries of the Steelers glory years.

Without trying to sound negative I expect the.same as always, mediocrity at its finest.
9-8 or 8-9 missing the playoffs.
Don’t think this team stacks up well against the better teams and will have difficulty in their own division which is one of the best.
Tough schedule awaits and this team has too many question marks ahead of it.
Factor in the games you think we should win but lose every year. It happens every season.
I hope I’m wrong here I really do but history tells me different.

I would like to see the Offense average >24 points per game in the first half of the season, with at least a 6-3 record before the brutal finish to the sked.

I'd like for the young OL to gel quickly, for playcalling to get far more productive, and to see competent QB play.

On D, some solid 3 and outs after Steeler scores to dishearten the opponents, with the expected improvement in performance on DL, at ILB, and in the part of secondary where JPJ and Minkah are not.

I am legiitimately thrilled for this season. I have been pretty out on Tomlin since about 2015. He's a seemingly good person, with an ability to relate surface level with his players. Surface level meaning they are down with coach, but for whatver reason they cannot pull out the big games. From where my simple *** sits, the Steelers have not had the horses to get the job done. Khan and Weidel have invested in the lines, and restacking all of the talent at pretty much ever position. I think that the team has done a full reset post kenny which thrills me to no end. In my head, I was expecting Tomlin to be too arrogant to admit that a player that he had watched for like 6 years WAS NOT "the guy"

There will be plenty of growing pains at the beginning of the year with the young oline, but hopefully they will be battle tested as they get into the brutal part of the season.

Last night seeing Wilson fly all over the field was great, but this aint the ACC. Wrap em up.

I would like to see Cory Trice's injury heal and return to be the camp darling status.

Hoping for a healthy year out of Pat Freiermuth. A year that doesn't require him to stay in and help the offensive line.

The last 2 draft classes have elite talent. I couldn't be happier with where the team is at. From where I sit, it is an arrow pointing up situation.
All respect to JPJ, but there isn't anything better than strong play up the gut. Last year in preseason game one Benton destroyed the Tampa oline from the start. Hopefully last night's eye issue isn't anything to be worried about. He has been my favorite young Steeler (On a team loaded with potential young studs)