• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

what should Harris get this year.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
4.5 YPC
1,300 Total yards - Similar split with Warren, but competent QB play should mean more success from the passing game and therefore more receiving yards for Harris.
12 TDs

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Thing is. I don't think he has to do more than he has to warrant under 7 million a season. So if he plays well I guess you could tag him. That's about it.
The franchise tag is off the table it's almost double the option year. Transition is over 9 but only means yiu can match an offer. I think this is a dumb move that will bite them in the ***.

Last edited:

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Thing is. I don't think he has to do more than he has to warrant under 7 million a season. So if he plays well I guess you could tag him. That's about it.
The franchise tag is off the table it's almost double the option year. Transition is over 9 but only means yiu can match an offer. I think this is a dumb move that will bite them in the ***.
Not a dumb move at all. His stats in three years hover around the same. He has played like a good back not a great one. The market dictates the price for great RBs. That is the NFL not the Steelers.

If I tell you I would like to cut your yard. I will charge you a grand for good solid work but not top tier landscaping. Will you bite? No nor should the Steelers they are simply following a blueprint on performance VS market demand. Obviously market demand on me cutting your yard with a little weed eating doesn’t = a grand.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Not a dumb move at all. His stats in three years hover around the same. He has played like a good back not a great one. The market dictates the price for great RBs. That is the NFL not the Steelers.

If I tell you I would like to cut your yard. I will charge you a grand for good solid work but not top tier landscaping. Will you bite? No nor should the Steelers they are simply following a blueprint on performance VS market demand. Obviously market demand on me cutting your yard with a little weed eating doesn’t = a grand.
He is a front line player that carries volume and can catch and can block. He is worth 6million. They will be paying Cam Heyward 22 million for ok this year. 16 more than they need too. But even if they cut him they are on hook for almost the amount of Harris' option. Difference is Cam is Shades guy.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
That looks like a repeat of last year.

I’ll guess (hope for):
320 - 1,460 - 4.6 - 10TDs
And the ypc would be even better if not for the Steelers using him to run out the clock in the final minutes of the game.
He is what he is
A high usage back that will get ya close to 4 ypc

I was gonna say 600-700 yards after Warren steals the starting job, but since he’ll be getting that 5th year option you know he’ll remain primary back.

xjx

Reaction score
Omar doesn't see him being worth 7M. So what. Omar has been right on other decisions. Rbs can be had at a lower cost.

Harris should get a George Foreman grill and make bacon on it. He will be more popular.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

what should Harris get this year​

Improved vision
Better anticipation
Increased burst to hole
Better open field speed

Make no mistake this is his last year with the organization.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
One thing he isn’t getting is the 5th year option picked up.

Salute the nation
I put in a call to Arthur
And jinxed the hell outta Naj 😂

So now I can go with my no 5th year option stats of 616 yards and 5TDs as Warren doesn’t look back and relinquish the starting role after he subs in for an injured hammy Najee in the first few weeks

Warren pops off for over 1200 and ascends to his proper position in the depth chart

And don’t sleep on that UDFA RB from GA (Edwards) that may be the best back on our roster. Just gotta give him a shot…my Bulldog glasses may be obscuring my vision a bit, but that kid can run!

Favorite UDFA since Warren
Who needs to draft RBs?
Especially in the first???

Gotta give kudos AGAIN to Khan with shaking up the status quo and apparently actually knowing that standard is Lombardis…not just above .500 and a first round dismissal at best.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I put in a call to Arthur
And jinxed the hell outta Naj 😂

So now I can go with my no 5th year option stats of 616 yards and 5TDs as Warren doesn’t look back and relinquish the starting role after he subs in for an injured hammy Najee in the first few weeks

Warren pops off for over 1200 and ascends to his proper position in the depth chart

And don’t sleep on that UDFA RB from GA (Edwards) that may be the best back on our roster. Just gotta give him a shot…my Bulldog glasses may be obscuring my vision a bit, but that kid can run!

Favorite UDFA since Warren
Who needs to draft RBs?
Especially in the first???

Gotta give kudos AGAIN to Khan with shaking up the status quo and apparently actually knowing that standard is Lombardis…not just above .500 and a first round dismissal at best.

Glasses or not, I’ll be glad to have any productive player on this squad.

Salute the nation

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I personally hope they resign him to a multi year deal. Cheaper than the 5th year option.

This guy never fumbles, has been productive every year, seldom misses games, finally has a NFL caliber line. He should blow up.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
I personally hope they resign him to a multi year deal. Cheaper than the 5th year option.

This guy never fumbles, has been productive every year, seldom misses games, finally has a NFL caliber line. He should blow up.
If he’d sign a deal for about (slightly under) league average for a RB maybe give him a multi year deal, as he’s proven to be almost average behind a pretty poor line.

The problem with Najee is his best ability is availability, he’s a dependable guy that he’ll be ready to start on Sunday and put up some below league average numbers. He rarely fumbles (only 5 over the last two seasons) seasons where he has put up meh ypc numbers.

2022 league average ypc for a RB 4.4
2022 Najee ypc 3.8

2023 league average ypc 4.1
2023 Najee 4.1

He’s a high usage back that generally stays healthy and will put up mediocre numbers.
He was hardly worth a first round pick and likely not worth much more than an average contract.

But who knows, maybe this year he’ll magically see the hole better and hit the hole better and be more than slightly below average…that sure would be beneficial to the success of this squad.

It is just a bit unimpressive seeing so much of the focus go to a non game breaker/ game changer

But yeah, he’ll be ready and willing to tote the rock when called upon and occasionally uncork a nasty run

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Let's be clear. The Herbig who plays oline is going to make over 5. If you think Harris wasn't worth the under 7........c'mon.
And let's be clear. I'd pick up that cheap option and let him walk after 2025. Cause he would be 3/4 done.

Last edited:

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score

SASK will gladly take you up on your offer for cutting ......... rumour has it he owns 2000 acres of premium grassland in the hilly province of Saskatchatoon ...you can start on Monday and with luck be home in time for kickoff of the NFL season opener

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
SASK will gladly take you up on your offer for cutting ......... rumour has it he owns 2000 acres of premium grassland in the hilly province of Saskatchatoon ...you can start on Monday and with luck be home in time for kickoff of the NFL season opener
Haha. Sask has a front yard and back yard is Saskatoon. Dad had a good size farm on top of billions of dollars of Potash. But unfortunately, you own the top soil. Not what's underneath.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Haha. Sask has a front yard and back yard is Saskatoon. Dad had a good size farm on top of billions of dollars of Potash. But unfortunately, you own the top soil. Not what's underneath.
Great now DIC and Slash are going to book passage on the Underground Railroad and try and get ahold of those billions of dollars of Pot/Hash you have hidden under your dad's farm