• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What would thrill/depress you tonight?

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Well, we're here, after all this time, we'ze here, draft night.

SO what are you looking for? What would fill you with joy? My ideal night is drafting the very-best, Pro Bowl- (maybe even All Pro-) level player in one of our areas of extreme need, i.e. C, RT, WR...whichever player is the very best player available out of those 3 positions. Period.

My most-depressing night would any pick consisting of Shades' influence. I am not interested in any player who Tomlin "vibed" with and shared chicken wings, because in that scenario the player will automatically attain and keep starting job regardless of how terrible they are (see Moore).

A trade down would be OK with me but a trade up, not so much. Short of Polamalu, trade ups in Pgh's drafts have been FAILs. We HOPE the Jones trade up is successful, but other than him, trade ups have been:

- Loudermilk - a bust
- Bush - a colossal BUST, thanks Colbert and Tomlin.
- Rudolph - could have been used better
- Shamarko Thomas - bust
- Ta'amu - bust
- Sepulveda - bust
- Santonio Holmes - not bad, SB MVP, but weed crazy
- Ricardo Colclough - BUST me baby
- Troy - the anomaly here
- Kendrick Bell - was going great guns and then fell into an abyss of failure

I would be excited to see a top 5 tackle fall to us or if not trade down. Don’t take a center before 51. I would be happy to get Cooper Dejean. I just hate to see a trade up unless it is for a truly special talent, like a top 3 receiver.

I would like Fuaga As OT. Rome Oduzne if he dropped….sprint to the podium.

My feeling is Barton will do the most to help our team AND give the most flexibility for the remaining picks. Which is huge.
I don't see Odu dropping that far, not to 20. Barton could be a reality at 20. And we KNOW this team LOVES flexibility (too much many would say, me being one of them).

I’d like Graham Barton at 20. RT perhaps, and move up in round two and pick our center. Zack Frazier from WVU perhaps. OL solved! Powerful running game for sure.
Round three pick the best WR.
Sign Tyler Boyd in FA.
Fix s some glaring holes even though still have some.

Center or tackle round one will thrill.

Drafting a punter or wide receiver in round one...booo hiss..boo...hiss.

Odunze falls to 20 (I know this ain't happening but one can dream). We grab him. Frazier slides to our 2nd pick and we snag him. Our top 2 needs filled.

its-the-same-5b088b.jpg

Thrill would be swinging a deal for Aiyuk…
Or holding at 29 and getting Rome or Thomas.

Not a thrill if we draft a center at 20.
Reaching for a C scares the bejeebers out of me but in Khan I trust.

A new Tomlin contract announcement would depress me.
Passing on great talent for need would too, like drafting Frazier or jpj in the 1st
You'll have to wait a little later for the new Tomlin contract. But get ready - it's coming

Thrill: JC Latham falls to 20 and we move up a little to get Frazier in the 2nd round.

Depress: I doubt Kahn and Weidl are going to do anything dumb or crazy.
Ditto, we get Latham but he's probably long gone.
Depress, my wife decides she wants to discuss something when the Steelers are on the clock.

Yeah, agree slash ... most years though :)
The rumor per Rap is the Steelers are working the phones for a potential trade up.

So you might end up being right. 😅