• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What would thrill/depress you tonight?

LOVE!: Any of the top tackles

Nice: Barton, Brian Thomas, top-2 CB's

Ehh, I'll take it: JPJ, Kool-aid

Disappointing: DeJean (limited to Safety, which would be a luxury), Nix or Penix

WTH are you DOING?!?: JJ McCarthy (This game manager is going to be a bust)

WTH are you DOING?!?: JJ McCarthy (This game manager is going to be a bust)

I know Michicken won a championship but the games I saw them play I was thoroughly unimpressed with JJ. He had his moments but most of the time he was average (or worse). Really don't understand all of the hype. Can't imagine he translates well to the NFL. But who knows?

Disclaimer - I am a fan of The Ohio State University.

This would also depress me tonight.

9c8b5fb9-8363-4889-98db-12fba5613681-Nas-NFL_red_carpet-14.jpg

Thrill - Coach never comes back.

Depress - Greg Lloyd is still here making shi$ty posts.
I hear you, but why open the thread then? Simply pass over it. It is what most do when you post a new thread. :D

Thrill:
-Trading down a few spots and still getting our guy.
-Trading for Aiyuk that doesn't involve giving up a first.
-Trading up for Odunze.

Depress:
-Trading up for an OL. There is a lot of talent, is there anyone that much better to justify trading up?
-Drafting Tyler Guyton or JPJ (underwhelmed) at 20.

There are a lot of scenarios I'll be okay with, not thrilled or depressed.

Thrill - Latham @ 20, move up to get Frazier in the 2nd, and only costing Moore and a 6th to do it, then also getting the WR @ 51
Depress - Moving up in the 1st for any reason, other than using Tomlin’s contract to make it happen.

Best first 2 day in all time Drafts:
TRADE Mike Tomlin to Tennessee for their #7 - select Alt OT, Make Smith interim HC & OC
#20 trade to Arizona for their #27 & 104 Take McConkey WR
Trade Moore OT & #195 to Washington, take Frazier C
#51 Fiske DT

I think giving up anything to move up or trade for a WR would be depressing. I also don't want to see a WR drafted at 20 unless it's some fluke situation where one of the top guys dropped and is easily the best player on the board.

Tomlin and his coaching staff, since he's been with the team, have only been able to draft and develop a couple of positions reliably. WR happens to be one of the few spots the Steelers are actually frequently good at drafting and developing (skill wise, not attitude wise). Unless the people responsible for scouting and developing the WR position no longer are part of the team, trust the system and go with a couple of WRs later in the draft so you can focus on areas of need with less overall depth with the first and second round picks.

The rumor per Rap is the Steelers are working the phones for a potential trade up.

So you might end up being right. 😅
I'm betting the Eagles are doing the same, they have 2 second round picks that sandwich us. They would probably go OT to stick at guard for a year and replace Lane Johnson next year. They could also be sniffing Mitchell or Arnold at corner. They have that extra second rounder and I don't see them waiting in round one.

I hope they don't lock on drafting a Center over better players at OT, CB, or WR.

I'd love a trade for Sutton. He's big and physical and a good fit. If they can get him for a later round pick, it would be a great move. Right now, they almost have to take WR by rd 2 if they want somebody who can start this year. That means that you will likely miss out on a position of need. If they can add Sutton, it will open up a ton of draft options.

I'm cautious about trading for Aiyuk. It would likely cost a lot in terms of picks and money and I'm not sold hat Aiyuk is a great player.

To me, when i play the 49ers, I'm, looking at McCaffrey, Debo, and Kittle and the 3 main weapons. How much of Aiyuk's success is him playing on a loaded team?

Aiyuk's a beast, I'm not advocating trading our first but he's going to be great wherever he lands. He's fearless over the middle and constantly catches contested balls. Last season, teams were paying plenty of attention to him.

What depresses me, four of the past five first-round picks by the Steelers.

I don't see Odu dropping that far, not to 20. Barton could be a reality at 20. And we KNOW this team LOVES flexibility (too much many would say, me being one of them).
Your question was “what would fill you with joy” I list Rome…..and you criticize my joy. Obviously I know he won’t drop that far. But it would “ fill me with joy”.
I wonder if your big mouth has ever got you in trouble in life. 🙄🙄🙄

PS……Don’t fill the draft thread tonight with non-stop CMT hatred. Give it a ******* break for one night.

Reaching for a C scares the bejeebers out of me but in Khan I trust.
To me if you get a center for 10 years its not reaching regardless of projected draft spot
I think we are over valuing the centers when we can get a 10-year center in round 3-5. The 5th year option on a first-round center is WAY too pricey.

I'd love a trade for Sutton. He's big and physical and a good fit. If they can get him for a later round pick, it would be a great move. Right now, they almost have to take WR by rd 2 if they want somebody who can start this year. That means that you will likely miss out on a position of need. If they can add Sutton, it will open up a ton of draft options.

I'm cautious about trading for Aiyuk. It would likely cost a lot in terms of picks and money and I'm not sold hat Aiyuk is a great player.

To me, when i play the 49ers, I'm, looking at McCaffrey, Debo, and Kittle and the 3 main weapons. How much of Aiyuk's success is him playing on a loaded team?
Hey Tape….as the resident Penn State expert….what do you feel about their center Nourzad? Does he have it in him to take the next step?

Unless there is a trade to get Ayiuk or Tee Higgins I don't forsee a thrill here nor a disappointment. I fosee them taking an oline because if you look at where people are projected that is where the range is. Probably tge Georgia Tackle Mims or the Duke Centre conversion Barton. Won't be a thrill now but could be watching their running backs run over thin linebackers and DBs in November.

Well, we're here, after all this time, we'ze here, draft night.

SO what are you looking for? What would fill you with joy? My ideal night is drafting the very-best, Pro Bowl- (maybe even All Pro-) level player in one of our areas of extreme need, i.e. C, RT, WR...whichever player is the very best player available out of those 3 positions. Period.

My most-depressing night would any pick consisting of Shades' influence. I am not interested in any player who Tomlin "vibed" with and shared chicken wings ma, because in that scenario the player will automatically attain and keep starting job regardless of how terrible they are (see Moore).

A trade down would be OK with me but a trade up, not so much. Short of Polamalu, trade ups in Pgh's drafts have been FAILs. We HOPE the Jones trade up is successful, but other than him, trade ups have been:

- Loudermilk - a bust
- Bush - a colossal BUST, thanks Colbert and Tomlin.
- Rudolph - could have been used better
- Shamarko Thomas - bust
- Ta'amu - bust
- Sepulveda - bust
- Santonio Holmes - not bad, SB MVP, but weed crazy
- Ricardo Colclough - BUST me baby
- Troy - the anomaly here
- Kendrick Bell - was going great guns and then fell into an abyss of failure
Lol most would hate to draft a pro bowl maybe even all pro player I aam sure