• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Where is the media outrage?

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ten-man-told-restaurant-safe-whites/14575453/

Witness: Beaten man was told restaurant 'not safe for whites'

Family members say a West Point man is in a Tupelo hospital after he and another man were attacked in a Huddle House parking lot by up to 20 people.

Ralph Weems, a 32-year-old marine and Iraq war veteran, is in fair condition today according to officials at North Mississippi Medical Center.

Monday evening, police arrested 22-year-old Courtez McMillian of Okolona. He is being held in the Clay County Detention Center and will be charged with aggravated assault.

Brinkley said other arrests are also pending, and that most, if not all of the assailants appear to come from Monroe County. Detectives are reviewing video footage of the incident.

The Associated Press reports that Weems went to a Waffle House early Saturday. His friend David Knighten, an Air Force veteran of the Afghanistan war who was with him, told reporters that a man told him politely outside the restaurant that it wasn't a safe place for whites, because people were upset by the killing of 18-year-old Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri.

Knighten said when he entered the restaurant, Weems was arguing with some people inside. The argument brought police, and Knighten and Weems left. On their way to Weems' house, they stopped at a Huddle House with an empty parking lot, according to the Associated Press.

The pair was followed to Huddle House by what Knighten said was around 20 people. Witnesses told police that the group was made up of black men, but couldn't identify any of them. One witness did provide a vehicle description and police said they are working on identifying the owner.

Knighten told reporters he was trying to diffuse the situation. When a security guard told everyone to leave, Knighten said he was blocked from getting to Weems, who was on the ground being kicked by a group of people. Knighten said others then attacked him.

"I do remember racial slurs being yelled from the crowd," he told the Associated Press.

Knighten couldn't be reached for comment so far on Monday, but he posted on Facebook Saturday.

"All my injuries were minor fractures and lacerations. I just wish I could have reached him sooner. Please keep your thoughts and prayers on Ralph," he wrote.

Brinkley, who could not be reached for comment Monday, said in the release that the attack right now is an aggravated assault investigation, and that the cause is not yet determined.

"This does not appear to be a hate crime," he said. "It's very early in this investigation but thus far the evidence and statements suggest that a verbal altercation turned physical and somebody got hurt."

Investigators are reviewing surveillance video and putting together a list of suspects. Brinkley encouraged those involved with come forward voluntarily before arrest warrants are issued.

Police said it is not theirs to charge a hate crime if the situation does turn out to be racially motivated, but that the District Attorney's office and the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation have been briefed.

"It's up to the Grand Jury to make this determination. All we do is process the evidence and turn the case over to the District Attorney who in turn presents it to the Grand Jury. It's within their discretion to add the hate crime enhancement," Brinkley said.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 530-7151 or the West Point Police Department at (662) 494-1244.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
What did you say? I couldn't hear you over the crickets.

Southern Steeler

Reaction score
Silly Supe! Its only newsworthy if its a black person being attacked by a white person! Black on white and black on black crimes don't matter at all! Silly silly Supe

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
The racist preacher of hate&division Al Sharptongue will set the record straight.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
Clearly not a hate crime, but I would venture that it qualifies for no less than a strong dislike crime or a who the **** eats at Huddle House crime.

Vincent

@#$% the 'narrative'
Reaction score
...or a who the **** eats at Huddle House crime.

Veterans just happy to share a stateside meal with fellow vets, but don't live near a Ruth's?

Reverse the demographics and its a hate crime that would have a division of holder's shock troops there the next morning with the entire American "media" in tow.

Its interesting that as the pendulum has swung hard to the other extreme in the midst of the first black "administration" that veterans are actually called "domestic terrorists" by same. Now that we've seen the lives lost and ruined in both theaters wasted by same's abdication of their gains, and their presumed bitterness, that same is inculcating the police to see vets in that light. Is this incident an example? Maybe. And I doubt that the federalies SWATed and MRAPped up "the man" to deal with the Fergusons that pop up.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Clearly not a hate crime, but I would venture that it qualifies for no less than a strong dislike crime or a who the **** eats at Huddle House crime.
At the very least it should be frowned upon. Although frankly I'm concerned that two recent military veterans couldn't take out at least 10 of them.

Hineswardkickedurpanzyass

Reaction score
agreed Ron, I was taught many years ago by an experienced fighter that if you are attacked by a mob to target the weakest one of them and tear them to shreds. This apparently affects the mob by making you appear to be a badass. If that doesn't work then just hope you are not on the ground and that you are faster than everyone else.

When are we getting our white sheets and going down to this shithole town? Where is Robert Byrd when we need him?

Southern Steeler

Reaction score
agreed Ron, I was taught many years ago by an experienced fighter that if you are attacked by a mob to target the weakest one of them and tear them to shreds. This apparently affects the mob by making you appear to be a badass. If that doesn't work then just hope you are not on the ground and that you are faster than everyone else.

When are we getting our white sheets and going down to this shithole town? Where is Robert Byrd when we need him?

West Point, MS IS a shithole town. I worked there for 5 years in the mid-90's.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
Soldiers were part of the Opressor Class and deserve to be beaten. Then they should apologize for being beaten.

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
Are there any decent stores to loot in Tupelo? If so, I'll be on the first plane there. I want some more Chuck Taylors and a new sofa.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
West Point, MS IS a shithole town. I worked there for 5 years in the mid-90's.
Most of MS is a shithole. That's why it wasn't in the news much after Hurricane Katrina. It didn't look a lot different.

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Around here we stay the **** away from IHop and O'Charley's. You would think that O'Charley's would be ok for a white man, but there's no Irish up in that mf'er.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Hurricanes and earthquakes actually help Mississippi. Not much to tear down, just re-arrange the mobile homes and false teeth.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
So the cop says "doesn't appear to be a hate crime" then says it's not their discretion to say so? Is he black or just a PC coward?

Vader

Reaction score
I can see few of you have ever been to MS. West Point is a **** hole but Tupelo is a decent small town. The reason you didn't hear to much about MS when Katrina hit was because the people pulled together and worked it out. I should know because I was there. The government sent FEMA trailers that made people sick. There are still thousands of them just south of Hattiesburg.

Anybody that thinks MS is just some backwards state doesn't know MS well at all. The Delta towards the MS River is 75% black. There are almost no jobs there at all. But along the eastern side and south eastern down to the gulf is actually pretty nice with a few exceptions like West Point.

Southern Steeler

Reaction score
I live in the Northwest tip of the state (Southaven) in the wealthiest county in the state (DeSoto) and we like it here a lot. I agree with Vader, most of the state is ok. Many of the small backwards towns contribute to the image, though. I like Tupelo a lot, too. Cool town.

I'd MUCH rather live here than 200 yds north of my house in Memphis TN. No chance in hell I would ever move to that gaping wound of a city

I bet my property taxes would make y'all green with envy

Last edited:

Vader

Reaction score
I live in the Northwest tip of the state (Southaven) in the wealthiest county in the state (DeSoto) and we like it here a lot. I agree with Vader, most of the state is ok. Many of the small backwards towns contribute to the image, though. I like Tupelo a lot, too. Cool town.

I'd MUCH rather live here than 200 yds north of my house in Memphis TN. No chance in hell I would ever move to that gaping wound of a city

I bet my property taxes would make y'all green with envy

I'd rather live in the Sahara than to live in Memphis proper. I live in Tupelo right now. Just moved here a year ago. I've been to Memphis more times than I can count and hate it. But I've been to NY and hated it as well. Too much traffic and it takes forever to get anywhere. South Haven and Olive Branch are great little towns. They are growing because of the white flight from Memphis. I was in Horn Lake a few weeks ago and ate BBQ at the Memphis Barbeque Company.