• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Where is the media outrage?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I'd rather live in the Sahara than to live in Memphis proper. I live in Tupelo right now. Just moved here a year ago. I've been to Memphis more times than I can count and hate it. But I've been to NY and hated it as well. Too much traffic and it takes forever to get anywhere. South Haven and Olive Branch are great little towns. They are growing because of the white flight from Memphis. I was in Horn Lake a few weeks ago and ate BBQ at the Memphis Barbeque Company.

My company's HQ in is Memphis. Used to love to go there for Beale St. and BBQ but they haven't had the annual meeting there for about four years. They don't say why but I suspect the crime has gotten too bad.
Third barstool from the right on the balcony at the Rum Boogie Café is mine.
About the only things left in Memphis are Beale St. (tourist trap), the convention center (where I'm at), and government buildings. The rest of it looks like Berlin in 1945.
Yankees who don't understand why people move slower in the South have never been to Memphis in August.

Last edited:

Southern Steeler

Reaction score
I'd rather live in the Sahara than to live in Memphis proper. I live in Tupelo right now. Just moved here a year ago. I've been to Memphis more times than I can count and hate it. But I've been to NY and hated it as well. Too much traffic and it takes forever to get anywhere. South Haven and Olive Branch are great little towns. They are growing because of the white flight from Memphis. I was in Horn Lake a few weeks ago and ate BBQ at the Memphis Barbeque Company.

Next time you are heading into town shoot me a PM. We might be able to break bread.

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
I live in the Northwest tip of the state (Southaven) in the wealthiest county in the state (DeSoto) and we like it here a lot. I agree with Vader, most of the state is ok. Many of the small backwards towns contribute to the image, though. I like Tupelo a lot, too. Cool town.

I'd MUCH rather live here than 200 yds north of my house in Memphis TN. No chance in hell I would ever move to that gaping wound of a city

I bet my property taxes would make y'all green with envy

We went through your stomping ground then....we drove through DeSoto and Memphis on our way back to KS from GA. Memphis was (is) a shithole. We couldn't get out of there fast enough.