• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Where would you prefer to live, if not in the U.S.?

A lot of popular Americans get pissy at America from time to time, and threaten to move to Canada. That seems to be an idle threat. The only folks who have come to Canada and stayed have been the hippie draft dodgers, who completely ****** our education system at the university, high school and elementary levels.

first requirement would be the inclusion of Ogurrs.
no Ogurrs allowed? I'm in

second requirement would be allowance of Ark to visit.
No Ark's allowed? Got me.

No Ogurrs nor Arks?
SOLD

A lot of popular Americans get pissy at America from time to time, and threaten to move to Canada. That seems to be an idle threat. The only folks who have come to Canada and stayed have been the hippie draft dodgers, who completely ****** our education system at the university, high school and elementary levels.
You can have the Hollywood elite! We don’t want them

I would love to see all these places. I only want to live here as long as I’m allowed to continue my freedoms which NO other county has.
Man, I really think this country is changing fast, and not for the better. I don't feel its any better than some other places at this point, and I don't like being taxed (robbed) for things I don't agree with. There are very few real freedoms anymore, most are imagined.

Stayed at The Four Seasons in Great Exuma years ago, its now a Sandals Resort. It was one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen.
Turks and Caicos also has similarly beautiful beaches, but they're currently having a serious drug crime problem.

Is it just the water? What else about the place appeals to you? Do they tax boats? Do they tax income? Can you expect to survive on your expected retirement income?
I was at that Sandals this past October. Beautiful place. I’ve got at least 13 years before I can retire and I haven’t looked into the details like taxes yet. I was in T&C in 2012 and it was awesome. The thing about there and the Bahamas is food and booze is expensive. It has to be shipped from the States. I’ve stayed at Staniel Cay Yacht Club 4 times, before it got too touristy. It‘s all inclusive accept for liquor and the bungalows included 15’ Boston Whalers. I’ve never been more relaxed in my life than when I was boating around uninhabited islands and hanging out on secluded beaches. Johnny Depp’s island is there. Google images for Exuma Land & Sea Park. The water is unbelievable.