• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

While No One Was Looking, Congress Took A Huge Step Toward Fixing The Economy

CBO: the Senate Republican tax bill takes billions from the poor
Updated by Dylan Matthews Nov 27, 2017,

From the perspective of rich people benefiting from slashing the corporate tax rate, the bill the Senate is currently considering — and could vote on this week — is a tax cut bill. But from the perspective of America’s poor, the bill looks more like a health care cut.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...64/senate-republican-tax-bill-health-cut-poor

--------------

CBO: the Senate Republican tax bill takes billions from the poor
Updated by Dylan Matthews Nov 27, 2017,

From the perspective of rich people benefiting from slashing the corporate tax rate, the bill the Senate is currently considering — and could vote on this week — is a tax cut bill. But from the perspective of America’s poor, the bill looks more like a health care cut.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...64/senate-republican-tax-bill-health-cut-poor

--------------

I dont care anymore. I am tired of you whinny *** ******* always complaining about something. If you dont like being poor, get a ******* job. There are plenty of good jobs that do not require a collage education..............FIND ONE!

Here's the math: a 30 hour work week at $15 an hour is $450 per week gross, or $1,800 a month. That comes out to less than $22,000 a year.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrap...now-part-of-u-s-employment-boom/#14aee229128a

Jesus, this is supposed to be reporting worthy of publishing in Forbes???

And the idiot cannot get even the most basic, fundamental facts right? Specifically, $450/week is NOT less than $22,000 per year. $450/week is $23,490 per year.

And I should trust the idiot who cannot get even the most basic, fundamental facts correct? Yeah, no.

Gold Will Soar... As China Kneecaps The Dollar

by Tyler Durden Dec 13, 2017

Chris Lowe: To catch up real quick, why is the petrodollar at risk?

Nick Giambruno: Under the current petrodollar system, all global oil sales are made in dollars. However, the Chinese government recently announced a new mechanism that will allow oil producers anywhere in the world to trade oil for gold.

China’s new mechanism will totally bypass the US dollar and the US financial system… along with any restrictions, regulations, or sanctions from Washington. So for many oil producers, it will be much more attractive than the petrodollar system.

I call it China’s “golden alternative” to the petrodollar. Whatever you call it, though, it will allow for the large-scale trade of oil for gold, instead of dollars.

Here’s how it will work. The Shanghai International Energy Exchange is launching a crude-oil futures contract denominated in yuan, China’s currency. This will allow oil producers around the world to sell their oil for yuan.

Of course, the yuan is a fiat currency, just like the dollar. And most oil producers don’t want large stashes of yuan. The Chinese government knows this. That’s why it’s linked the crude-oil futures contract with the option to efficiently convert yuan into physical gold through gold exchanges in Shanghai and Hong Kong.

Chris Lowe: How soon will this new system be up and running?

Nick Giambruno: I spoke with officials at the Shanghai International Energy Exchange. They told me they plan to go live with it before the end of the year, or shortly thereafter.

Chris Lowe: But isn’t that a good thing? Isn’t gold, as a currency, more reliable than the dollar?

Nick Giambruno: I think it’s high time gold played a more central role in the global monetary system. The problem is ditching the petrodollar would negatively affect the US economy.

Think about it. If Italy wants to buy oil from Kuwait… or Argentina wants to buy oil from Brazil… they have to buy dollars on the foreign exchange market first.

This creates a huge artificial market for dollars.

It means the US can simply print dollars and exchange them for real things like French wine, Italian cars, Korean electronics, or Chinese manufactured goods.

It also helps create a deeper, more liquid market for US Treasury bonds. This pushes up prices… and pushes down yields… which allows the US federal government to finance enormous and permanent deficits.

The petrodollar has allowed Washington to spend astronomical amounts of money on welfare and other benefits for over half the population. This gives Americans a much higher standard of living than they would have otherwise. Most of them don’t know this or understand how it affects their everyday lives.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-13/gold-will-soar-china-kneecaps-dollar

Letting people keep their own moneybis not taking it from someone else.

If i dont pay my server donation, im not taking anything from justin/buff/whoever.

Arctic Refuge Just the Start as Trump Moves to Unlock Alaska Oil

Drilling for crude in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge may be just the start as President Donald Trump seeks to revive Alaska’s beleaguered oil industry.

874860.jpg

Republicans in Congress handed the industry a long-sought victory on Tuesday, approving exploration in the vast Arctic preserve as part of their tax overhaul.

The legislation, which Trump is expected to sign into law, would lift an almost 40-year old ban on prospecting for oil and natural gas in the refuge’s coastal plain, where endangered polar bears, caribou and other species roam.

It’s the capstone of a year in which legislators and the Trump administration pushed on multiple fronts to unwind regulatory restrictions in what was once America’s busiest oilfield.

http://gcaptain.com/arctic-refuge-j...139915785&mc_cid=9be2122912&mc_eid=6c704a7af6

Drill for it wherever it is found.

AT&T workforce stricken with over 2000 layoffs U.S-wide days after $1000 tax reform bonus check
By Mike Wuerthele
Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 02:34 pm PT (05:34 pm ET)

In the days before Christmas, AT&T and DirecTV gave layoff notices to a large number of landline, legacy service, and home installers spanning the country —and more are coming.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/17...s-wide-days-after-1000-tax-reform-bonus-check

Oh needles said to apefruit why did you give me poor customer service. No speak they English well boss. I talked for an hour and they never had record of me when nobody showed up to perform the task promised. I called again and again talked wasted hours. No send. No history. Called months later wanting to add more service....ahhh hooked right up. Imagine that. Yep layoffs needed to cut the fat of the incompetent giant of a company who outsource to the wrong mofos .

Stay tuned Batman clips his wings and dips them in hot sauce for all to have. Breaded,grilled or baked. En how

GE is cutting 12,000 jobs
by Chris Isidore @CNNMoney
December 7, 2017:

The company says the job cuts will mostly be outside the United States. The power division's headcount will be reduced about 18%. About 295,000 people worked for GE overall at the end of last year, but the company has cut jobs and costs throughout this year.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/07/news/companies/ge-job-cuts/index.html

GE is cutting 12,000 jobs
by Chris Isidore @CNNMoney
December 7, 2017:

The company says the job cuts will mostly be outside the United States.

What the **** do I care? Yep, I don't, you blithering idiot.

http://fortune.com/2018/01/02/american-southwest-airlines-tax-bill-bonus/

U.S. airlines American Airlines Group (AAL, +1.86%) and Southwest Airlines (LUV, +1.21%) said on Tuesday that they would give their employees a $1,000 bonus in light of the recent U.S. tax bill.

The airlines join a host of other companies such as AT&T (T, -0.90%) , Boeing (BA, +0.66%) and Wells Fargo & Co (WFCNP, -99.91%) promising to pay bonuses or invest more in training after the biggest overhaul of the U.S. tax code in 30 years, which cuts the corporate tax rate.

American Airlines will distribute the bonus to each team member, excluding officers, at its mainline and wholly owned regional carriers, according to an internal memo seen by Reuters.

The distributions will total approximately $130 million and will be made in the first quarter of 2018, the company said.

Trump's "tax reform" is a project to borrow 1.5 trillion, issue it in form of treasury bond or other debit note, then distribute it to rich people in the form of cash, bonus, profit. On the whole, in 10 years, you saw the debt of American people will add to a new high while the cash it borrows goes to Rich people's pocket.

Trump's "tax reform" is a project to borrow 1.5 trillion, issue it in form of treasury bond or other debit note, then distribute it to rich people in the form of cash, bonus, profit. On the whole, in 10 years, you saw the debt of American people will add to a new high while the cash it borrows goes to Rich people's pocket.

When, in the history of mankind, have you ever seen a situation where more money goes to poor people? Poor people can't get wealthy by fiat or some government plan. If there is more money in the economy, poor people will spend more of that which they receive, which will eventually find its way into the savings of wealthy people.

If half of the population who has less money than the other half were suddenly given more money, then those people would be replaced by others in 50% poorer category. What then?

Carrier lays off first 300 employees on 6-month anniversary of Trump's presidency
Tony Cook and James Briggs, IndyStar. ET July 19, 2017

https://www.indystar.com/story/news...month-anniversary-trump-presidency/491205001/

------------------
Carrier plant to lay off 215 workers on Thursday
John Tuohy, john.tuohy@indystar. Jan. 10, 2018

https://www.indystar.com/story/news...745001/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

If you are going to post something that trivial about Trumps economy, then you had better be ready to post how bad Obama's economy was. But that will never happen...............will it?

If you are going to post something that trivial about Trumps economy, then you had better be ready to post how bad Obama's economy was. But that will never happen...............will it?

The other day on FB I challenged someone to name something Bomma did that was good for the economy. At least he was smart enough not to answer.

So, Katsung, any news on the swimming pool/leaves status/door open/wife sneaking out front??

Anyhoo, you idiot, the United States economy is booming and only a diaper-wearing moron would believe otherwise. The kind of stupid dipshit who believes that drug raids in Asia are designed to cover up some nobody's assassination by the President. The true facts? Median income up, GDP growth up, home ownership up, full-time employment up, unemployment down, stock market up, all economic factors rolling.

united-states-gdp-growth-annual-forecast.png

united-states-home-ownership-rate-forecast.png

united-states-unemployment-rate.png

united-states-stock-market.png

sqpi_large.png

gdpind_large.png

united-states-labor-force-participation-rate@2x.png

So keep posting anecdotal data, you fuckwad.