• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

White student with dreads accused of 'cultural appropriation'!

I saw this a couple of days ago. She needs to check her privilege. She was completely out of line.

Pfffft ... my wife routinely tells me to fix my hair.

Hey, at least I still have hair.

Maybe he self-identifies as black and is down with the struggle.

No one beat Rachel Dolezal. Why? Wasn't she guilty of the same?

I don't know how I would handle some stranger grabing at me and telling me how to comb my hair. I guess it would depend on my mood at the time. Could have ended badly.

I don't know how I would handle some stranger grabing at me and telling me how to comb my hair. I guess it would depend on my mood at the time. Could have ended badly.

Well, she was taller and heavier than him. He's a spindly, slight sorta fella.

The kid is Jewish and dreads are a part of his heritage too among others besides black culture. Had he accosted her in the exact same manner citing that he was offended by her frizzy hair due to HIS heritage, the kid would be sitting behind bars right now. This is currently under "investigation". If she is not removed from her internship at the university and sent to "sensitivity" classes to help with obvious racial prejudices, then it's just another reason why we need someone like Trump to put a stop this ******* bullshit. As a parent who has a child entering college this fall, I worry sick over the stupidity that's running rampant in schools across the country and what he may be exposed to. Time for the (leftist) pendulum to swing the other way...

Maybe he self-identifies as black and is down with the struggle.

According to liberals, that's not allowed. You can identify as the opposite sex, but you can't identify as another race. I heard that from multiple black people on NPR (which is where you go for liberal truth) when that lady up in Seattle in the ACLU lied about being black.

Don't ask me to explain it. I can't. Had something to do with not really "experiencing the struggle".

According to liberals, that's not allowed. You can identify as the opposite sex, but you can't identify as another race. I heard that from multiple black people on NPR (which is where you go for liberal truth) when that lady up in Seattle in the ACLU lied about being black.

Don't ask me to explain it. I can't. Had something to do with not really "experiencing the struggle".

Like if you're half white and grew up in Indonesia and Hawaii? Just sayin'....

Liberalism at it's finest. Again--I'm glad I got out of college when I did

Liberalism at it's finest. Again--I'm glad I got out of college when I did

I went to a small rural college in the 90's and there were some nutty ******** at that time. I remember one "exercise" in an Art class where they set it up so you were supposed to go up to the teachers desk to sign a petition. Trouble is she had laid an American flag on the floor so you would have to walk on it in order to get to her desk to sign said petition. she wanted to see how many students would be willing to tromp on the flag to do what she wanted. I remember one friend of mine and I were super pissed off and refused to take part. My old pal Karl and I just sat in our seats while everyone else walked over it and signed the paper.

Don't even get me started on the Sociology Dept. There were 3 Soc. professors I had while I was there.

One was your quintessential hippie woman whom I actually liked quite a bit despite her oddness and "out there" ideals. She didn't shave her legs, wanted to live in the wilderness, shunned modern society, the whole 9 yards.....but she also had a good heart and you could tell she truly wanted to do something to change people for the better. She was generally liked by everyone, even by people like me who were cut from different cloth. I can respect anyone who has people's best interest at heart even if I think they are an oddball and I always had a fondness for her. I remember she would take us on nature outings and bring her dog along...sometimes the class would end up back at her house for snacks or whatever. Just a genuinely good hearted albeit somewhat odd person.

The 2nd guy was almost like the first lady in his ideals except that he was a condescending, elitist ******** who everybody hated. Just the type of guy you wanted to punch in the face because everyone was stupid in his eyes. No social skills whatsoever and talked down to everyone to try and make them feel dumb and make himself sound smart.

The 3rd guy....yeah he was so ******* nuts and anti society that we found out later that he was previously on the FBI's watch list as a possible Uni-Bomber suspect. Literally the 3 most watched suspects in the entire United States were this guy, Ted Kazinski and one other guy. He came from California to Ohio that semester to teach at the college. I worked in the campus library for 3 years and I would overhear some good **** from the professors from time to time. I overheard one of the librarians say that at this guys initial faculty he and his wife made it known that they thought the rest of the professors at this college were a bunch of dumb hicks and he and his wife as Californians were above them all. It was pretty funny hearing the faculty gossip about what complete ******** these two were. He made it clear in class that he thought all of the students as well as the rest of the population of Ohio were backwoods, uneducated, idiots as well. The college **** canned him and his wife after one semester (not before he gave me my only F in college no less) and they packed up their **** and went back to California 4 months after they came to Ohio. Just a mean, hateful, elitist **** and a likely sociopath to boot.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTC
The irony here is that she is lambasting the guy for cultural appropriation but she her self is wearing western style clothes and not an African wrap dress, nor is she naked from the waist up and wearing a loin cloth as is traditional for African females.

Last edited:
Well, she was taller and heavier than him. He's a spindly, slight sorta fella.

Today's "man."

Gotsta draw a line somewhere.

The 2nd guy was almost like the first lady in his ideals except that he was a condescending, elitist ******** who everybody hated. Just the type of guy you wanted to punch in the face because everyone was stupid in his eyes. No social skills whatsoever and talked down to everyone to try and make them feel dumb and make himself sound smart.

The 3rd guy....yeah he was so ******* nuts and anti society that we found out later that he was previously on the FBI's watch list

you've met ark and DBS?

She grabs him and then says "do not put your hands on me". Dangerous game she's playing there.

Wonder if she or her friends have ever used hair relaxer or tried to straighten their hair. That would offend me as a white person.

I overheard one of the librarians say that at this guys initial faculty he and his wife made it known that they thought the rest of the professors at this college were a bunch of dumb hicks and he and his wife as Californians were above them all.

Now hold on, Supersteeler, we all know that Californians are above you Ohio hicks. That's just a fact, man.

Now hold on, Supersteeler, we all know that Californians are above you Ohio hicks. That's just a fact, man.

Lol, I've never been to Cali so I can't presume to know. In my experience, anyone who openly says they are above somebody else has a massive inferiority complex and is trying to hide it with fake bluster.

I'm just glad the government is keeping an eye on them both. Helps me sleep better at night.

Hey what's your address I need to send you a package?