• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who is the Future at Quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers?

History shows us it could easily be 20 years (or longer) before we find another franchise QB. Not looking forward to Ben's departure after this year.

As I have said before, and as @tapeANaspirin2it has also said, if we want a QB in this draft, there are some that can be mid-level starters given time, but if you really want to throw all your eggs in one basket, you draft Bo Nix.

though I disagree with drafting him in the first, he's somehow pushed his way into the first on some mocks:

Well I hope it's sooner than the gap between Bradshaw to Ben. That doesn't guarantee a superbowl win either.

I'm fairly certain we will need a new coaching staff with an old school football philosophy.

Getting your guys committed to winning above all else takes drafting the right men with the same attitude.

As much as I detest New England and their cheating *****, those ******* are committed to winning and they have looked like a well oiled machine for most of the last 20 years.

I'd steal that blueprint and run with it in Pittsburgh.

As I have said before, and as @tapeANaspirin2it has also said, if we want a QB in this draft, there are some that can be mid-level starters given time, but if you really want to throw all your eggs in one basket, you draft Bo Nix.

though I disagree with drafting him in the first, he's somehow pushed his way into the first on some mocks:
I think you're on to something BUT...

We should drafted Matt Jones like I said.

I'm not in favor of Rodgers. Too much drama with him, he's getting old, and he really wants to be on Jeopardy. Wilson, possibly. I'm at the point of stomaching a losing season to get the next Ben. There seems to me to be too many bandaids right now.

If we are assuming it isn't a "future" of pain and misery, the future QB is not on the current roster.

The Steeler way will be to pick up an average or underperforming vet that has some upside and draft another player (round 2-4, don't see it in the 1st round).

There is some potential, but still unlikely, for a better than average or even a "star" vet if Minka continues to play himself out of a large deal (opening up more spending space).

These could be dark times coming.

I think you're on to something BUT...

We should drafted Matt Jones like I said.
drafting MAC Jones would mean we'd not have Najee.
I'd rather have Najee.

wildcard ----

Cooper Rush, currently on the Cowboys roster as 2nd string. I believe he was receiving a lot of hype in the pre-season for his progression. He's a UFA after this season.

The next Steeler starting QB is not on the roster. There isn't going to be a switch going off for Mason Rudolph in year 5 and us seeing some amazing jump in proficiency....you see what he is and it's not much. Haskins is an even further reach and is already checking out. Bottom-line, if Ben retires which I fully expect, the Steelers will look at the mid-range FA QBs on the market and hope to get lucky. The Titans got some production from Ryan Tannehill (although thru a trade) above what anyone thought. He's no Tom Brady but serviceable. Steelers take a FA and if their targeted QB is there in round 1 of the draft will take him. If he's not there, expect an OL pick and they try again next year, playing 2022 with the FA pickup.