• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who is Trump's biggest obstacle as President?

We are so very fortunate to have the employer coverage that we have. I can't imagine the stress that having Obummer care coverage would be for my family. I was probably one of a handful in my agency that was adamantly against it from the start. The majority of my co-workers bought the $2500 savings and keep your doctor bullshit. It was pathetic to watch their eager faces when they would talk about it in a rose colored haze. When 2012 happened my faith in humanity took quite a beating. The last four years have been long. Especially on top of the previous four years of the tearing down of this one-of-a-kind country that I love.

I not only hope for change, I am praying for it.

MAGA.

I'm not optimistic about it......

Here is the problem with Obama/Romney Care. Now that it has been implemented, the premium we pay has gone up $600 a month, soon to be $925. We no longer have the ability to PAY for the preventive care we could before, so now we are forced to hope for the best, and only have catastrophic coverage. We also can no longer afford to save for our retirement, and actually have had to use a bit of the existing savings to make ends meet. So forgive me for not sharing your ******* optimism.

Before the poor were covered by Uncle Sam, and the middle class was able to get by. Now we have the poor covered by Uncle Sam and a ****** middle class.

I'm just stating a fundamental fact about access to health care in this country. Before the ACA this was a huge problem, it is a more expensive problem with the ACA, and it will still be a problem without it. Running a for profit healthcare system in a capitalistic environment is dangerous. It always has been. It puts too much of the burden on businesses. The quality of healthcare you get should not coincide with the kind of job you have. You should have access to better healthcare that is affordable if you see fit. The ACA is a Frankenstein system that provides an option for people who are underemployed, unemployed, or stuck in a financial limbo that does not give them access to Medicaid or healthcare from a job. If you go back and look at the history of healthcare, it was sustainable in the beginning because cost were controlled. The 1942 Stabilization Act controlled inflation to benefit wartime business abroad and at home and allowed businesses to offer incentives for people to come work for them. It became a very common and prideful thing to offer great insurance to employees and make sure they were taken care of. There was always going to be a gap though. People who were underemployed and older people who were no longer working. Medicare helped with one but Medicaid wasn't built to fully sustain the underemployed. The ACA is just trying to fill that third gap. It is failing because there is no cost control and there isn't going to be in a for profit system. The insurance companies would never agree to that. Medical costs have been growing at twice the rate of inflation for YEARS. You can live in a partisan bubble all you want but there has never been a problem that is more necessarily bi partisan than this. Congress should be working together to fix this. It's an embarrassment. I hope that this "repeal and replace" rhetoric actually involves a sensible solution to help fill these gaps and not just enough pick yourself up by your boot straps mandate. There are plenty of things that are out of people's control. Access to healthcare at any point should not be one of them.

You have to remember, shinin is black and therefore Bomma can never ever ever do anything wrong and if you don't like it then you're a racist and not fully appreciative of everything the First Black President has done for you (facts and logic be damned).

What the **** does that have to do with what I'm saying. Did you actually read it before you posted this bullshit. You don't know me so be careful how you talk about what you think you know. I watched my father wither away and die fighting with insurance companies for years and I have spent a lot of time and energy advocating for some kind of reform in this system. The ACA is not working. I'm not denying that. But it has allowed people to not have to die without some option of access. Not everything has to be about being a close minded and contrarian because your "party" didn't put it in. That kind of thinking is what's tearing this country apart. Not Obama and not Trump. Don't be a piece of ****. Actually have a conversation.

I'm willing to bet in a few years when the reality of a lot of this **** really sets in we're going to see how many people REALLY share those views.

We actually have a lot of experience going through something like this, over the past 8, disastrous years.

It was a Republican idea almost line for line and we might be having a different conversation if a Republican had passed it.

That's weird, I mean, if Republicans had written it word for word, why did Odumbass bypass a vote and get this through without ONE single Republican voting for it? I mean, if they wrote it, they'd surely have voted for it right?

The Bush admin ****** this country up. Their connections and affiliations ****** this country up. Their retaliatory decisions ****** this country up.

BBBOOOOOOOSSSHhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There we have it, argument over.

There have been Presidents who have been much worse than Obama.

If you are African American, you believe this. 13% of Americans believes this horseshit. He is the worst President ever. It's not even a debate.

When I go to an E.R. for a true emergency and find 50+ people in the waiting area because they have a cold or stomach-ache, I'm reminded that there never was a problem with access to health care. And this was even before Obamacare.

Obamacare was a solution in search of a problem.

We actually have a lot of experience going through something like this, over the past 8, disastrous years.

That's weird, I mean, if Republicans had written it word for word, why did Odumbass bypass a vote and get this through without ONE single Republican voting for it? I mean, if they wrote it, they'd surely have voted for it right?

BBBOOOOOOOSSSHhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There we have it, argument over.

If you are African American, you believe this. 13% of Americans believes this horseshit. He is the worst President ever. It's not even a debate.

Please tell me how we are worse off now overall than we were in 2008 and I will never post here again and wave a white flag and be all in on every Republican ever elected ever again. You see how ridiculous that sounds? Obama did some good things and some bad things as President. Worst President ever? Hardly. That is a ****** ridiculous thing to say. It is also completely rational to bring up the President who preceded him. Why wouldn't I? You have to if you are going to discuss what he had to deal with. Do we just pretend like that didn't happen? I'm not saying the ACA is a Republican idea to give Obama a pass. I'm saying it to make a point that Republicans advocated for that policy and if they would have gotten a chance to pass it this would be a different conversation. To be honest I might be less objective about it too. That's what's so insane about this ****. We are so caught up in this "libbie" and "commie" and "racism" and us vs them bullshit that we can't see things for what they are sometimes. BTW James Buchanan was a horrible President historically. Warren Harding, Andrew Johnson, Jimmy Carter, George Bush. The stretch from FDR to Nixon is regarded as the best in history.

When I go to an E.R. for a true emergency and find 50+ people in the waiting area because they have a cold or stomach-ache, I'm reminded that there never was a problem with access to health care. And this was even before Obamacare.

Obamacare was a solution in search of a problem.

Have you worked in a hospital? I did for years. I have a ton of stories to tell if you ever want to listen.

I'm just stating a fundamental fact about access to health care in this country. Before the ACA this was a huge problem, it is a more expensive problem with the ACA, and it will still be a problem without it. Running a for profit healthcare system in a capitalistic environment is dangerous. It always has been. It puts too much of the burden on businesses. The quality of healthcare you get should not coincide with the kind of job you have. You should have access to better healthcare that is affordable if you see fit. The ACA is a Frankenstein system that provides an option for people who are underemployed, unemployed, or stuck in a financial limbo that does not give them access to Medicaid or healthcare from a job. If you go back and look at the history of healthcare, it was sustainable in the beginning because cost were controlled. The 1942 Stabilization Act controlled inflation to benefit wartime business abroad and at home and allowed businesses to offer incentives for people to come work for them. It became a very common and prideful thing to offer great insurance to employees and make sure they were taken care of. There was always going to be a gap though. People who were underemployed and older people who were no longer working. Medicare helped with one but Medicaid wasn't built to fully sustain the underemployed. The ACA is just trying to fill that third gap. It is failing because there is no cost control and there isn't going to be in a for profit system. The insurance companies would never agree to that. Medical costs have been growing at twice the rate of inflation for YEARS. You can live in a partisan bubble all you want but there has never been a problem that is more necessarily bi partisan than this. Congress should be working together to fix this. It's an embarrassment. I hope that this "repeal and replace" rhetoric actually involves a sensible solution to help fill these gaps and not just enough pick yourself up by your boot straps mandate. There are plenty of things that are out of people's control. Access to healthcare at any point should not be one of them.

And tell me again WHY would Congress fix these problems when it is BETTER for them to just continue to accept the bribes paid to them by insurance companies?

And tell me again WHY would Congress fix these problems when it is BETTER for them to just continue to accept the bribes paid to them by insurance companies?

They wont and thats the problem. A bigger problem though is that a lot of people think they shouldnt. My girlfriends dad was one of these people. His wife has had a tumor on her pituitary gland for the past 6 years. She was only able to work part time and couldnt get insurance. She wasnt old enough for Medicare. Medicaid only covered some prescriptions and a run around of appointments that all told her she couldnt get the operation she needed on Medicaid. My gfs father passed and her father got his share of the family trust when he was able to afford to buy her a policy from the exchange. Its been expensive, but at least she could get the surgery finally at one of the best hospitals in the country. However it looks like it was too late because even after the surgery her organs are still failing. Her body just couldnt fight the effects of the imbalance for that long.

Another reason Trump could be his own biggest obstacle, is that when he can't get passed what he wants, his
temper tantrums will be widely mocked.

So far, interest rates, look to be his actual biggest obstacle. Mortgage rates are already over 4% and many of his plans would drive interest rates higher.
Anyone with an adjustable mortgage or renting could be paying a lot more for housing in the next 4 years. Higher interest rates would also put a lot of
construction workers out of work. Of course that might be his plan. Put them out of work so they will be available to build his wall.

HA HA

HEEL!

Harry Reid: Trump 'not as bad as I thought he would be'

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/12/08/harry-reid-trump-not-bad-thought/

---------------------

Mark Cuban, who repeatedly dissed Trump as unfit for office, now says he's 'our number one draft pick'

Billionaire investor Mark Cuban said Wednesday it's probably best to wait until Donald Trump takes the Oval Office before judging him, calling the president-elect America's "number one draft pick."

"He's who we put our hopes and dream with. Now it is easier because we haven't played a game yet," Cuban said on CNBC's "Fast Money Halftime Report." "No reason to rush to judgment or come to any conclusions now. Let's see what happens starting January 21st and we'll go from there. I hope he's a superstar."

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/07/mark-cuban-donald-trump-is-our-number-one-draft-pick.html

Another reason Trump could be his own biggest obstacle, is that when he can't get passed what he wants, his
temper tantrums will be widely mocked.

So far, interest rates, look to be his actual biggest obstacle. Mortgage rates are already over 4% and many of his plans would drive interest rates higher.
Anyone with an adjustable mortgage or renting could be paying a lot more for housing in the next 4 years. Higher interest rates would also put a lot of
construction workers out of work. Of course that might be his plan. Put them out of work so they will be available to build his wall.

All he needs is a pen and a phone , hmmm where have I heard that before.

Please tell me how we are worse off now overall than we were in 2008 and I will never post here again and wave a white flag and be all in on every Republican ever elected ever again. You see how ridiculous that sounds? Obama did some good things and some bad things as President. Worst President ever? Hardly. That is a ****** ridiculous thing to say. It is also completely rational to bring up the President who preceded him. Why wouldn't I? You have to if you are going to discuss what he had to deal with. Do we just pretend like that didn't happen? I'm not saying the ACA is a Republican idea to give Obama a pass. I'm saying it to make a point that Republicans advocated for that policy and if they would have gotten a chance to pass it this would be a different conversation. To be honest I might be less objective about it too. That's what's so insane about this ****. We are so caught up in this "libbie" and "commie" and "racism" and us vs them bullshit that we can't see things for what they are sometimes. BTW James Buchanan was a horrible President historically. Warren Harding, Andrew Johnson, Jimmy Carter, George Bush. The stretch from FDR to Nixon is regarded as the best in history.

We are worse off now overall than we were in 2007 by almost every economic measure. The ACA wasn't a Republican idea, it didn't get a single Republican vote. Rather, government run healthcare has been the Democrat dream for several decades and they finally got a Democrat White House, Senate, and House all at the same time to pass it, with the added bonus that the Democrat President was the First Black President (FBP) so they could charge racism at anyone who disagreed.
Unemployment up.
Workforce participation down.
Welfare up.
Deficit tripled.
Trade deficit up.
Food prices up.
Energy prices mostly up.
Health care costs WAY up.
I could go on.
I see this in real life because until last August 1 I owned my own business, two franchises of a nationally-known company. After four years of being for sale with no offers, I took what I could get, pennies on the dollar really compared to what they were worth according to the company, but when you get no offers that's the market telling you your company is worth zero. I had a couple good years prior to 2008 when I lost over one-third of my business. Because we are a national company I know and can look at what other regions were doing and there is never a recession in Norther California or the Washington, D.C. suburbs. For their part, the franchisor couldn't figure out why the rest of us slacker fucktards weren't putting up the big sales numbers and increases like the shining examples in D.C. But life in much of the rest of America sucked for the past 8 years.
For what it's worth, I voted for a black man for President in the primaries twice, long before anyone outside of Hawaii, Chicago, or Kenya ever heard of Bomma. Of course he was a Republican (Dr. Alan Keyes) so he's not really black, I get that.

We are worse off now overall than we were in 2007 by almost every economic measure. The ACA wasn't a Republican idea, it didn't get a single Republican vote. Rather, government run healthcare has been the Democrat dream for several decades and they finally got a Democrat White House, Senate, and House all at the same time to pass it, with the added bonus that the Democrat President was the First Black President (FBP) so they could charge racism at anyone who disagreed.
Unemployment up.
Workforce participation down.
Welfare up.
Deficit tripled.
Trade deficit up.
Food prices up.
Energy prices mostly up.
Health care costs WAY up.
I could go on.
I see this in real life because until last August 1 I owned my own business, two franchises of a nationally-known company. After four years of being for sale with no offers, I took what I could get, pennies on the dollar really compared to what they were worth according to the company, but when you get no offers that's the market telling you your company is worth zero. I had a couple good years prior to 2008 when I lost over one-third of my business. Because we are a national company I know and can look at what other regions were doing and there is never a recession in Norther California or the Washington, D.C. suburbs. For their part, the franchisor couldn't figure out why the rest of us slacker fucktards weren't putting up the big sales numbers and increases like the shining examples in D.C. But life in much of the rest of America sucked for the past 8 years.
For what it's worth, I voted for a black man for President in the primaries twice, long before anyone outside of Hawaii, Chicago, or Kenya ever heard of Bomma. Of course he was a Republican (Dr. Alan Keyes) so he's not really black, I get that.

Obama's biggest failure was not putting more resources into the economy but when you get elected President and walk into a recession that is a tall order for anyone to take on. Two wars to take on. You have always sounded like a man of strong values and work ethic and from the conversations we've had here you are very rational.

The origins of what became the ACA was a Republican idea. The Health Equity and Access Reform Today bill was put together by Republicans in the 90's as an alternative to the single payer system that Hillary Clinton was trying to get pushed through Congress before she was bought off. The biggest differences between that bill and the ACA law were the mandates. The individual mandate and the employer mandate. Those weren't part of that bill. They never spelled out how it would be financed. That bill also did not expand Medicaid like the ACA does. Other than that it was basically the same concept. Then you have the Romney law in Mass. Again it did not expand Medicare or Medicaid. But it was basically the model for what the ACA became. It was a lot to take on considering that the economy was in the gutter and the deficit was about to explode. Putting the kind of burden that the ACA would put on the national debt without a cost control mechanism in place (what House Republicans were worried about in the 90's) either through regulation or inflation control would mean that we would have to hope the market would drive prices down on it's own and the 20 to 30 million people without insurance would buy these policies and stop driving up prices thorough hospitals without insurance. That hasn't happened. Insurance companies continue to overcharge for healthcare despite the massive influx of new customers and are claiming to have suffered bigger losses because of the exchanges. The idea of insurance as a business is that there will be more healthy people paying into it than unhealthy ones so that there will be more profit and less payout. If the returns are expected to remain astronomical then bringing on new customers won't matter if you have to pay out on the premiums. It's a **** show. It's good that there is access but the burden of the costs are unsustainable.

Please don't think I don't care about the fact that you have struggled with your business. Dennis Miller went on O'Reilly after the election and gave a very reasoned and pragmatic response to why he was happy with the election results. From where you're coming from I can see a lot of that too. We talked a lot here about how much we're tired of the shape that the gov't is in. I'm fed up with it from both parties and they have passed one disaster on to the next. People are becoming divided and tribal and ideas are getting warped into arguments about things that have nothing to do with what can make this country better for all of us. Especially the middle class. The middle class was who decided this election so we'll see how things turn out. I don't have much faith in Trump personally but I agree that we have no choice but to see what happens. What we can't do is act like things haven't been ****** from both sides for years. I don't want those same people ******* things up even more. There are real issues that need to be addressed and people need help they don't need false hope. We need to work together. That's my biggest problem with the election is I don't think it is going to bing people together and I don't know if Trump and his cabinet are interested in serving the entire country and the Republicans seem consumed with tearing things down rather than talking about any actual ideas and policy. The Democrats need to figure out that you can't disengage ever from the people that you rebuilt your coalition with. They lost sight of the middle class and it's blown up in their faces and their reaction has been to blame everyone but themselves. It's disgusting.

Obummer did everything he could to kill the economy from regulations to taxes to "Affordable Health Care". I became convinced he was intentionally dragging down our middle class. The thought that our president through his jealous, Marxist, radical viewpoints, would harm the most important factor of what makes America great, astounds me. Astounds me. I wish people would stop blaming Bush, the economy, global warming, whatever. His policies are not sound. They would fail eventually no matter what. Get over it as the white house told the Pearl Harbor veterans.

Obama's biggest failure was not putting more resources into the economy but when you get elected President and walk into a recession that is a tall order for anyone to take on. Two wars to take on. You have always sounded like a man of strong values and work ethic and from the conversations we've had here you are very rational.
I've said since Obama was elected that the economy is pretty easy to fix but it requires doing things that He doesn't believe in. Too soon to say, but if Trump does what me and my economics degree think he should, then look for the Democrats to oppose it and scream bloody murder every step of the way. Gotta remember where Bomma comes from (no, not Kenya), which is that capitalism doesn't work, and if we had a successful economy under His watch then He would feel like a failure to the memory of His Communist parents and grandparents.

The origins of what became the ACA was a Republican idea. The Health Equity and Access Reform Today bill was put together by Republicans in the 90's as an alternative to the single payer system that Hillary Clinton was trying to get pushed through Congress before she was bought off. The biggest differences between that bill and the ACA law were the mandates. The individual mandate and the employer mandate. Those weren't part of that bill. They never spelled out how it would be financed. That bill also did not expand Medicaid like the ACA does. Other than that it was basically the same concept. Then you have the Romney law in Mass. Again it did not expand Medicare or Medicaid. But it was basically the model for what the ACA became. It was a lot to take on considering that the economy was in the gutter and the deficit was about to explode. Putting the kind of burden that the ACA would put on the national debt without a cost control mechanism in place (what House Republicans were worried about in the 90's) either through regulation or inflation control would mean that we would have to hope the market would drive prices down on it's own and the 20 to 30 million people without insurance would buy these policies and stop driving up prices thorough hospitals without insurance. That hasn't happened. Insurance companies continue to overcharge for healthcare despite the massive influx of new customers and are claiming to have suffered bigger losses because of the exchanges. The idea of insurance as a business is that there will be more healthy people paying into it than unhealthy ones so that there will be more profit and less payout. If the returns are expected to remain astronomical then bringing on new customers won't matter if you have to pay out on the premiums. It's a **** show. It's good that there is access but the burden of the costs are unsustainable.
Except that if health insurance companies were overcharging as you say, that implies that they are making exhorbitant profits but instead a lot of companies are leaving the business. You don't walk away from a business if you are making money at it.

Please don't think I don't care about the fact that you have struggled with your business. Dennis Miller went on O'Reilly after the election and gave a very reasoned and pragmatic response to why he was happy with the election results. From where you're coming from I can see a lot of that too. We talked a lot here about how much we're tired of the shape that the gov't is in. I'm fed up with it from both parties and they have passed one disaster on to the next. People are becoming divided and tribal and ideas are getting warped into arguments about things that have nothing to do with what can make this country better for all of us. Especially the middle class. The middle class was who decided this election so we'll see how things turn out. I don't have much faith in Trump personally but I agree that we have no choice but to see what happens. What we can't do is act like things haven't been ****** from both sides for years. I don't want those same people ******* things up even more. There are real issues that need to be addressed and people need help they don't need false hope. We need to work together. That's my biggest problem with the election is I don't think it is going to bing people together and I don't know if Trump and his cabinet are interested in serving the entire country and the Republicans seem consumed with tearing things down rather than talking about any actual ideas and policy. The Democrats need to figure out that you can't disengage ever from the people that you rebuilt your coalition with. They lost sight of the middle class and it's blown up in their faces and their reaction has been to blame everyone but themselves. It's disgusting.
And that is exactly why Trump was elected. We want the non-political class and outsiders running things for a change.

Obummer did everything he could to kill the economy from regulations to taxes to "Affordable Health Care". Get over it as the white house told the Pearl Harbor veterans.

The Dems still say they are the answer to all that is wrong with America but in reality..they are at the root of most of what ills we suffer.

192580_image.jpg

RB0hZNc.jpg

200432.jpg

HA HA

HEEL!

Harry Reid: Trump 'not as bad as I thought he would be'

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/12/08/harry-reid-trump-not-bad-thought/

---------------------

Mark Cuban, who repeatedly dissed Trump as unfit for office, now says he's 'our number one draft pick'

Billionaire investor Mark Cuban said Wednesday it's probably best to wait until Donald Trump takes the Oval Office before judging him, calling the president-elect America's "number one draft pick."

"He's who we put our hopes and dream with. Now it is easier because we haven't played a game yet," Cuban said on CNBC's "Fast Money Halftime Report." "No reason to rush to judgment or come to any conclusions now. Let's see what happens starting January 21st and we'll go from there. I hope he's a superstar."

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/07/mark-cuban-donald-trump-is-our-number-one-draft-pick.html

LOL sounds like they want a piece of the action. Trump is smart enough to know these two are " FAKE " Friends