• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who Will the Steelers Draft in the First Round?

It depends. If one of the QB's they love is there, they will take him. If not, it should be DL but I can see them taking one of the top WR's if they are there. They lost JuJu, Washington and Ray Ray. Plus, they won't have signed DJ yet. They could draft a top WR and just tag DJ for a year. Minkah is there top priority to sign after the draft.

He wont get past the Ravens
ZaDarius Smith changing his mind and going to the Vikings may help us more than we know. The Ravens love those big guys on the DL and Davis is exactly their type and then some but they love their edge pass rushers. There are five who should go early. Ojabo from Michigan would have been six if he wouldn't have torn his achilles. The Ravens need a pass rusher maybe more than a runstoper.

They can always trade up for Houston's second pick and jump in front of them for him.

I wonder how many fans would lose their **** if they traded up and it wasn't a QB.
I wouldn't. I'd be downright thrilled. Because it would be for an impact player. A game changer. You can't say that about any of the quarterbacks this year. They're big I don't knows or projects.

Entering the draft, I believe the top needs are: QB, WR, DL, OL, S, CB. If I had to guess right now, these would be the top prospects (I took out some who I expect to be gone)

QB: *Willis, *Pickett, *Ridder, *Corral
WR: Williams, Olave, Dotson
OL: Penning (OT), Johnson (G), Green (G)
IDL: *Davis, *Wyatt
CB: *Booth, McDuffie
S: *Hill, Brisker, *Cine
*Tomlin, Colbert, and Hunt/Khan in Pro Day attendance

Love letters were given by Tomlin to Willis. It was a mistake to sign Turbisky before the draft if we trade up for a QB.

Love letters were given by Tomlin to Willis. It was a mistake to sign Turbisky before the draft if we trade up for a QB.

Who do you think will be our FIRST pick of this draft ?

I know we need an OL starter but I'm thinking they go defense and pending who is there.......... DAVIS

Definately don't want QB.!

Salute the nation

As far as the qb front goes… Pickett is a safe starter with limited upside, he is going to be starting somewhere for a long time but might never make a pro bowl… he also will be long gone by 20…

Corral is injured and on the smallish side. who knows where his development is going to be at.

willis is short and inaccurate with a big arm… he is a boom or bust type.

Ridder has a high ceiling but is still more a prospect than a product. He has the same accuracy issues that willis has only is bigger and going to cost far less than MW will in draft capital. Slightly less arm and speed, more progression this year… better at reading defense.. this guy is the developmental guy to target in the second… imo at least

Howell is too much like Mayfield for my tastes..

strong probably becomes the marino of this group just for tge irony that the guy who probably is tge best pure passer gets docked into the mid rounds for being immobile lol

In the first, Im going OT, DL or WR… but thats just me

OL or DL (pending who is there), WR, CB/S

High picks and fill with solid players. There is NO reason we can't get 3 of the five in the first three rounds. ONLY one thing........infactuation with QB.

Salute the nation

Picking a QB is always a risk, just look at Cleveland's history. I don't understand the obsession with picking a QB in RD 1 that in a normal year would be a RD 3-5 pick.

Granted, one of these guys may pan out, but Davis, Wyatt, Penning, Cross, London, Williams or Olave are statistically a better pick.

Picking a QB is always a risk, just look at Cleveland's history. I don't understand the obsession with picking a QB in RD 1 that in a normal year would be a RD 3-5 pick.

Granted, one of these guys may pan out, but Davis, Wyatt, Penning, Cross, London, Williams or Olave are statistically a better pick.

I'm no expert but of those seven guys there will be more success than the first 14 QBs taken.

OR

Of the seven we could feild specific needs with HUGE up grade being the difference. (provided availability at our pick)

Salute the nation