• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

WHO would have dreamed a headline like this...................

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
This part of the article made me chuckle -

If things go well with the Smith experiment, he could be a potential candidate to take over for Tomlin. He failed largely in his first tenure as a head coach with the Atlanta Falcons, but perhaps learning from a veteran like Tomlin could give him the chops to take over.

Give him one year extension and if doesn’t win a playoff game in 24 and 25 which is highly likely don’t renew his contract for 26. That would be what, nine seasons without a playoff win. Yeah, he should be gone then.
I’m willing to give him the benefit of doubt with two more seasons but that’s ******* it.

If Mediocre Mike could pull off a miracle like that then extend him,

But c’mon, not too many really believe that to be a possibility

I may have a heart attack if Tomlin won a single WC game
I believe anything is possible with the radical amount of change we have the last two years.

I believe anything is possible with the radical amount of change we have the last two years.

It took an injury and substandard play from QB2, to get all along talented Rudolf to save the day. Even then they squeaked in.

I’m hoping for the best, time will tell.

Article says two years but I’m a little less patient.

Salute the nation

They signed the quarterback who's been dumped from two teams.

A system guy who's coming into the team with the worst system in the entire NFL.

Yeah that's going to go great!

I see it ending like this. They renew this year through 2026. There is no real improvement in 24, 25. They tell him they are not renewing another contract. He steps aside to pursue.....blah blah blah.

Meh I've said hed be gone one way or another after 26 no matter what for a while now... by then he will pass Noll for most all time wins and maybe even Shottennhiemer on the wins list... his kids will all be in college... he can take a couple years off then be on the market as a head coach in the top ten in all time wins... and still relatively young for a hc

so would yall take a 4-13 season if it meant Tomlin was gone for 2025?

I do not follow College Football enough to say. But as painful as 4-13 would be, I think I would suffer through it for real change
Call me Naive, but i think Arthur Smith could actually drive real change.. he is well respected, has HC experience, lots of success, and is doing this as a passion.. he certainly doesnt need the money and doesnt need to sacrifice principles to appease a HC or front office...

I think Tomlin is fine as a hc if he stays out of the way of the coordinators

On D, we are definitely moving to a man press D.. away from tomlins strengths... so there are signs his micromanagement style is being curtailed by him or someone else

Call me Naive, but i think Arthur Smith could actually drive real change.. he is well respected, has HC experience, lots of success, and is doing this as a passion.. he certainly doesnt need the money and doesnt need to sacrifice principles to appease a HC or front office...

I think Tomlin is fine as a hc if he stays out of the way of the coordinators

On D, we are definitely moving to a man press D.. away from tomlins strengths... so there are signs his micromanagement style is being curtailed by him or someone else

Someone else, like in OWNERship.

EDIT: Ownership[ may not be saying "back off" but ownership is saying "playoff win", the Tomlin may be doing the translation part himself.

Salute the nation

Give him one year extension and if doesn’t win a playoff game in 24 and 25 which is highly likely don’t renew his contract for 26. That would be what, nine seasons without a playoff win. Yeah, he should be gone then.
I’m willing to give him the benefit of doubt with two more seasons but that’s ******* it.
If we don't have a losing season the media just might put Tomlin as the bestest HC ever with this schedule we have this year. Regardless if we have a Playoff game or not... the Rooney's might just hand him a 4 year extension as the highest paid HC ever.

Do you mean our HC isn't a brilliant battle tactician who makes Sun Tzu look like an amateur?

You guys must have missed those black air force 1s he gave out a few years ago.
Master motivator, I tell ya.
Master!
Hearing AR2 hype him up, saying how he never losses the room and keeps the players focused made me want to shoot myself.

I thought about DK's famous line.... Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do. No contract extension yet, but I feel like it's coming. Only a matter of time until that happens. .
But what if it didn't ever come? Wouldn't that be something!