• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

WHO would have dreamed a headline like this...................

You guys must have missed those black air force 1s he gave out a few years ago.
Master motivator, I tell ya.
Master!
Hearing AR2 hype him up, saying how he never losses the room and keeps the players focused made me want to shoot myself.

I thought about DK's famous line.... Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do. No contract extension yet, but I feel like it's coming. Only a matter of time until that happens. .
But what if it didn't ever come? Wouldn't that be something!

I watch what they do for sure. It doesn't match up with what they say. I'm still waiting to see the team look like a well oiled machine.

I think the HC will leave on his own accord in 2 years if he isn't successful at all in the playoffs. It will be 19 years and he will have a cushy TV gig thrown at him before he could blink.

You guys must have missed those black air force 1s he gave out a few years ago.
Master motivator, I tell ya.
Master!
Hearing AR2 hype him up, saying how he never losses the room and keeps the players focused made me want to shoot myself.

I thought about DK's famous line.... Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do. No contract extension yet, but I feel like it's coming. Only a matter of time until that happens. .
But what if it didn't ever come? Wouldn't that be something!
I've thought about that possibility. But I don't think he would coach without a contract coming. And it would have been tough to bring in any coaches if that was the case. Unless somehow they have a plan of succession with Arthur Smith but he wasn't very successful as an HC.

The Tomlin never having a losing season, is pretty dang good. It’s a very hard thing to do but in doing it, your team becomes stuck in middle land (the place of no top or bottom).

A few non-losing season are ok, but in this case………. They are accepting the “non-losing season” as the normal. It’s not and never should be acceptable.

The price of change, at 4-13 is very acceptable. We have to go somewhere whether is up or down, but being stuck does nothing.

Art 2 has acknowledged the change and stated playoff wins, and has signed off the the GM(s) drafting and dealings. Also it seems the Tomlin has less to do in player personal regards.

Salute the nation

Salute the nation

i would take a 4-13 if it led to a change over for the coaching staf. Do that **** like Khan changed the qb room

so would yall take a 4-13 season if it meant Tomlin was gone for 2025?
Recently, I watched The Christmas game in 2002 when the Steelers played the Bucs and I was floored at what I was watching. That Steeler team went 10-5 and won just one playoff game before losing to Tennessee the next week. If you want to see for yourself...

I asked myself whether this team would have let Warren Sapp disrespect them by dancing through team warm-ups? I do believe they would. The Tomlin culture leaves this team with no identity.

The year before, The Steelers beat the favored Buccaneers 17-10 and then Safety, Lee Flowers called them "Paper Champions" in a post game presser. To say the 2002 game was "chippy" is an understatement. There was bad blood between two heavy weights and it was all about to go down on Christmas day. Sapp decided to dance through the team warmup and Bettis took exception and shoved Sapp which lead to a scuffle pre-game. But, the Steelers showed them that the first game was no fluke and beat them again 17-7.

Lee Flowers was interviewed again and had this to say "They felt very confident, but please don't bully us,'' Flowers said. "That's the last thing that a team needs to do to us if they think they're going to win the game.''

Can you imagine the 2024 Steelers having this attitude? This identity? I mean, what would you say this team's identity is? Social Media darlings? What is it?

Take note of what Dan Campbell is building in Detroit, it's an identity...a culture, an expectation that you be on board to a specific way of conducting yourself towards meeting clear team goals.

The Steelers don't have that and if you disagree with me then please tell me what that is, outside of never having a losing season.

So yes, 4-13 is acceptable if it means the Steelers hire someone who knows how to get back to the Steeler way of representing the toughness of the city and winning championships. The Players need a coach, not a buddy.

EXCELLENT post Badcat, and thanks for all the great ones along the way.

Other than the carry over from the Cowher era, this Tomlin team has had no identity. When you bring in soft players, you get “soft“ play.

Everyone wants to play for the Tomlin, why is that? He is a HellA motivational speaker, but also lackadaisical in preparation. That trickles down to players not being held accountable & able to blow things off…… who wouldn’t want that at a professional level……………. MY job would be way easier if that was the case.

Andy and Kahn are bringing in better players, but the coaching has to change as well.

Salute the nation

Not only woukd I take a 4-13 season I'd take two. But that ain't happening. They spend more them enough and duct tape it together to get 8 to 10 for sure. If they don't have a bad rash of injuries its gonna be the same. Tomlin is going out on his terms. Not unlike Cowher.

Not only woukd I take a 4-13 season I'd take two. But that ain't happening. They spend more them enough and duct tape it together to get 8 to 10 for sure. If they don't have a bad rash of injuries its gonna be the same. Tomlin is going out on his terms. Not unlike Cowher.

I’m not sure a single 4-13 season would bring termination as that would take a major fall to achieve (Built in excuse).

A 9-8 season and playoff loss would bring us closer to change than the 4-13.

Salute the nation

You are about 10 years late with those expectations.

Steelers fans nowadays just hope for a WC win.
As bad as we want a playoff win, I think a lot of people would be happy with the baby steps of just not being thoroughly embarrassed 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m not sure a single 4-13 season would bring termination as that would take a major fall to achieve (Built in excuse).

A 9-8 season and playoff loss would bring us closer to change than the 4-13.

Salute the nation
What's Tomlin's "ultimate D" been giving up the last 3 playoff games? 40+? How horribly embarrassing. Just an @ss clown.

I misspoke, they gave up 40+ for 3 straight playoff appearance before last year, they broke that trend by ONLY giving up 31 points to the Bills last year, so I stand corrected.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/playoffs.htm

2023 - L to Bills, 17-31.
2021 - L to KC, 21-42.
2020 - L to Browns, 37-48.
2017 - L to Jags, 42-45.

The last 4 playoff games, our D still averaged giving up 41.5 points a game (all losses). Good thing we have the most expensive D in the NFL, that plan is sure working out great! We now haven't won a playoff game in 7 years. No reason to reconsider that glorious head coach or anything, re-sign him now Art II! Of all the head coaches having been in place for a minimum of 3 years, Tomlin is 12th in playoff win %. Fabulous! He is omnipotent.

Last edited: