• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why Dont we use the ******* metric system like everyone else

Not sure why we can't do both, we're exposed to them every day.

I guess we're already doing that...

A DEA agent can surveil a target for several miles, stop and bust the guy with 2 kilos of meth, on the way home stop and buy his kids a 3 liter Coke and a pound of apples.

Yup, ask any auto mechanic. We're doing more and more metric as we go.

I promise you that the US will be on mostly metric before too long. We already do it a lot, and do international trade.

I promise you that the US will be on mostly metric before too long. We already do it a lot, and do international trade.
I've worked on cars most of my life as a hobby. It was super frustrating to be underneath an older one when you'd run into a metric fastener and not have that socket in hand. Then later, cars were mostly metric, and you'd find an SAE fastener out of the blue. Now, it's all metric. 10mm is probably the most used and then 13 and 15. I've gotten used to it and don't mind.

I guess we're already doing that...

A DEA agent can surveil a target for several miles, stop and bust the guy with 2 kilos of meth, on the way home stop and buy his kids a 3 liter Coke and a pound of apples.
how you know they're his kids and not his side piece's kids and he's just tryna keep them cool so he can tap mom's ***?

Its just asinine not to use a system based on tens instead of random old measurements based on lengths of body average parts and weights of common objects… also its absurd that each has a measurement called a ton that actually weigh different amounts… the minimum we should do is mandate measurements in both now so that in ten or twenty years we can finally get rid of the old system lol…

Seriously you dont know how annoying it is to have to go through calculating out a dozen things moving back and forth through the two systems because whomever wrote various regulations never kept one or the other as standard, or the state wants certain things in one and the feds want the opposite

Or worse, you are working on a piece of equipment that was built here but has german built components in it and all the nuts and compression fittings on the tubing are like 1/4” stuff except in the German components, where tgey are 6mm and you have to know what size tubing is what cause it all looks the same…

In an attempt to make Americans lives better, the Biden administration has announced the change to the metric system. This now would be one of the countless wins for the administration.

We have.
1. Save .16 on hotdogs
2. Daylight saving change
3. Metric system switch.

That’s it. That all we got.

I post this here because it has to be a political reason… there simply aren’t any logical reasons to stick to the imperial system… its outdated and less logical besides being complicated compared to tge basic metric system

Its a pain converting back and forth all the time… tradition be damned, we should officially switch…
Because we count and measure in freedom units

Imagine if we could emphasize the metric system to elementary students instead of getting them to be gay or switch genders.

Imagine if we could emphasize the metric system to elementary students instead of getting them to be gay or switch genders.
It is actually possible to do both - our school system seems to be successful in pushing the gay/transsexual agenda whilst emphasizing the metric system.

I post this here because it has to be a political reason… there simply aren’t any logical reasons to stick to the imperial system… its outdated and less logical besides being complicated compared to tge basic metric system

Its a pain converting back and forth all the time… tradition be damned, we should officially switch…

Soccer is less complicated too.

Converting from imperial to metric is like converting from NFL Football to soccer.

This is America where NFL football is king, the rest of the world can have their soccer and metric system.

Lets see, that famous quote by Woody Hayes would covert to "2.74 meters and a cloud of dust" -Woody Hays

Good to know.

Yardsto-Meters-Chart.gif

Last edited:

I teach GED classes to adults. You would be shocked to see how many can't multiply or divide by 10 or 100. I have to teach it all the time. I love when I teach it and they finally get it, because they will say something like "Why didn't they teach this when I was in school??"

They did you dipwad. You were not paying attention, were absent again, or high.

Can we wait 7 years and 3 months? I retire then and won't give a ****.
Will just hide out on my land and curse all you mother ******* for changing

I teach GED classes to adults. You would be shocked to see how many can't multiply or divide by 10 or 100. I have to teach it all the time. I love when I teach it and they finally get it, because they will say something like "Why didn't they teach this when I was in school??"

They did you dipwad. You were not paying attention, were absent again, or high.
Both. There are lot of stupid people. It’s beyond the classroom. It’s general common sense as well

I worked in R&D all my life. Some of the equipment we used were in metric, some English. I had to convert F to C and measures of length and pressure frequently. Most of the time the units we reported were simply a preference by the principal investigative scientist. One of the senior scientists ( a British born citizen) always said the only place in the world to use English was in the U.S. The rest of the world uses metric.

Or worse, you are working on a piece of equipment that was built here but has german built components in it

That would be a drag. In the industry I work in, most of the equipment (concrete boom pumps) is German (or now) Asian made. We use metric for the components a lot.

Wait you can say ******* but not ****
Why can you say:
“Screw, you , you piece of crap. Freaking mother humping bum!”
But not:
“ **** you, you piece of ****, ******* ************* *******”

More random old timey illogical bullshit… er um bullcrap… um bull excrement? Whatever the official censors allow… ********… *******… jackasses the lot of them

Cleary you don't remember when the NFL tried this: