• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why Would Anyone Vote for a Democrat?

So, crickets, I am shocked!

81 million votes!!

goodfellas-henry-hill.gif

Mind-boggling. My parents were as conservative as you can imagine but also very cognizant of the fact politicians as a rule are dirty. Dad never trusted Nixon (from California, where mom and dad moved in 1958). Today, leftists look at Nixon as some right-wing zealot and are ignorant of the fact Nixon imposed the most left-wing policy imaginable (wage and price controls to battle inflation) and pushed to bring China into the world's economy (how'd that turn out?).

Leftists are still bitter about Nixon's work with Roy Cohn in prosecuting actual communists who infiltrated the American government. Oh, lefties hate insurrection, except when their commie brethren are doing the insurrecting.
Besides what you mentioned, most of the three and four letter government agencies that cost a lot of money and slow things down were created under Nixon’s watch. I’ve always said that judged by today’s standards he’d be a Democrat. My mother’s father was a union steelworker from the early 20’s to 1959 and figured out early on that the Democrats wanted to take his hard-earned money and give it to someone else.

Besides what you mentioned, most of the three and four letter government agencies that cost a lot of money and slow things down were created under Nixon’s watched. I’ve always said that judged by today’s standards he’d be a Democrat. My mother’s father was a union steelworker from the early 20’s to 1959 and figured out early on that the Democrats wanted to take his hard-earned money and give it to someone else.

Good point. OSHA, EPA, DEA, several others.

I’ve always said that judged by today’s standards [Nixon would] be a Democrat.

Now that I think about it, not only the three and four-letter agencies, but the spying on political opponents - Nixon was Bammy's inspiration!

as noted above, dims are anything but democratic. Just ax the Bern. Their entire history betrays them as the termites of society that they are.

As a related aside, I'm always struck by young dims that wear Che gear as if they know who he was and what he did. These are tomorrow's leaders and parents. If there is a consolation to being on the 16th (or so) hole, it is that I won't likely have to live through it.

How can you defend what the Democratic Party has become? Not Trump isn't an answer.
You cannot defend the Democrat party. It's impossible. All of their policies in the last 20 years or so have done nothing but create more hardship for the average American, and in many cases, are leading to the destruction of American values and institutions. You can't defend that.

Definitely a low testosterone beta male. Easy prey. All they can do is scream.
The best part is "get the **** off me" as if they would be like.."oh, okay, we cool" ******* beta male is too good for this c**t

Democrat/liberal policies never solve problems. They only create new ones.