• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Will Smith, you keep saying that word...

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I do not think it means what you think it means.

On the racial tension of the academy awards and the lack of black nominations, and his boycotting of the awards spectacle, Smith pointed out that he believes the race issue goes beyond the entertainment industry. Particularly, he had this to say.

"We have to understand the spirit of what is happening. This is not about us and them, it's about we," he explained. "I'm a member of the Academy so this is a problem that we all have to solve collectively. And for me the only reason it's an issue this year is because it feels like a regression. I've been nominated for Academy Awards twice and I've never lost to a white person - I lost once to Denzel Washington and then I lost to Forest Whitaker.

So, it's not about us and them... but, let's be clear hear. I've never lost to a white guy. I've lost to some black guys, but never a white guy! But it isn't about race. Denzel and Forest are GOOD. (and they happen to be black) and I've lost to THEM. But I have NEVER lost to a white guy. So this isn't some petty thing about me not being nominated. Cause I would crush the **** outta the white folks.

I can honestly say I don't care a fig about this.

I was semi surprised that Straight Outta Compton was completely shut out of the good awards and I thought that maybe Idris Elba would have gotten nominated for Beasts of No Nation(really good, on netflix). I thought D'Shea Jackson, Jr. was pretty great playing his dad in Compton. Seems like the type of part/connection they may have singled out for a nomination in the past. And Elba is British anyways. But I'm not losing sleep over it or anything.

Will Smith was pretty garbage in Concussion I thought.

Last edited:
There is no way the liberal left of Hollywood would discriminate based on race. They are far more enlightened than the rest of us.

I was semi surprised that Straight Outta Compton was completely shut out of the good awards and I thought that maybe Idris Elba would have gotten nominated for Beasts of No Nation(really good, on netflix). I thought D'Shea Jackson, Jr. was pretty great playing his dad in Compton. Seems like the type of part/connection they may have singled out for a nomination in the past. And Elba is British anyways. But I'm not losing sleep over it or anything.

oh, but did you see Focus? ******* bullshit waste of time.

Waaaaa I don't win, get some **** for free, where my new iPhone. Must be a white guy fault

2cpuiba.jpg

https://twitter.com/PigeonToday

Last edited:
Waaaaa I don't win, get some **** for free, where my new iPhone. Must be a white guy fault

What's interesting here is that Blacks complaining about whites hindering their opportunities mirrors whites complaining that immigrants hinder their opportunities.

I think both groups are full of ****. The world is what you make of it. If people don't like your movie, **** em. You got paid.

There is no such thing as crying wolf with racism. Accusing someone of crying wolf with racism results in a witch hunt of the person making the accusation. It's the Golden Goose.

There is no such thing as crying wolf with racism. Accusing someone of crying wolf with racism results in a witch hunt of the person making the accusation. It's the Golden Goose.

I disagree with this. I recently had a conversation with my dad about this very issue.

Michael Brown, and Eric Garner. If the Michael Brown case, which seems to have been legally justified use of force, had not cried wolf on the race issue then the Eric Garner case which was a legitimate abuse of government power, would have gotten it's due publicity in the public eye. I think real reforms could have come out of the Eric Garner case, but it was swept under the media rug in less than one news cycle because the bullshit Michael Brown case swallowed up all the air time.

What's interesting here is that Blacks complaining about whites hindering their opportunities mirrors whites complaining that immigrants hinder their opportunities.

I think both groups are full of ****. The world is what you make of it. If people don't like your movie, **** em. You got paid.

No. I just don't want a bunch of bomb hungry radicals moving in next door. Not worried about them taking my job, just killing my ***.

Clever is not your strong suit SV. Try sticking to the lib talking points. You can thank me later.

Liberals aren't clever Hamster. That's why they give them slogans to recite.

Hug a whale. Or something.

Vincent! Stick around man, this is an election year. It's going to be fun. The libtards are sweating it big time, as they should.

Vincent! Stick around man, this is an election year. It's going to be fun. The libtards are sweating it big time, as they should.

I can only weigh in on important matters like the relative cleverness of liberals. Otherwise I might be drawn into a waste of time by Vanguard's idiocy. Or is it Vis' idiocy? I'm sorry, its far too clever to be called idiocy. Baiting by deception. That's much more clever.

With the networks chubby 7X24 over the elections, there isn't anything I could add.

There is no way the liberal left of Hollywood would discriminate based on race. They are far more enlightened than the rest of us.

Yeah, they follow the example of the NBA all star.

Last edited:
I can't find it now, but I saw an article that said blacks are 13% of the population but have won more than 13% of academy awards since 1970.

I disagree with this. I recently had a conversation with my dad about this very issue.

Michael Brown, and Eric Garner. If the Michael Brown case, which seems to have been legally justified use of force, had not cried wolf on the race issue then the Eric Garner case which was a legitimate abuse of government power, would have gotten it's due publicity in the public eye. I think real reforms could have come out of the Eric Garner case, but it was swept under the media rug in less than one news cycle because the bullshit Michael Brown case swallowed up all the air time.

What are you talking about? Black lives matter got all kinds of publicity and attention despite a video showing Brown was a no good thug. People might have been saying "Oh, shut the **** up" in private, but not in public.

Regardless, this is about a hundred millionaire crying racism over something as trivial as Oscar nominations. Who has publicly told him to shut the **** up?

I'll tell you what's reverse racist is Christian McCafery not winning the Heisman!

Seriously though, I remember a black sports writer, forget his name, arguing that it was racist that Rashan Salam won the Heisman over Steve McNair, because McNair went to a black college.

I argued it wasn't because Salam had an undeniably black name, where as McNair's was rather Irish.

I can only weigh in on important matters like the relative cleverness of liberals. Otherwise I might be drawn into a waste of time by Vanguard's idiocy. Or is it Vis' idiocy? I'm sorry, its far too clever to be called idiocy.
It's Polo/Elfie. Again, clever never was his strong suit.

Hey now... That's Supe's lady friend you're referring to...

I do not think it means what you think it means.

On the racial tension of the academy awards and the lack of black nominations, and his boycotting of the awards spectacle, Smith pointed out that he believes the race issue goes beyond the entertainment industry. Particularly, he had this to say.

So, it's not about us and them... but, let's be clear hear. I've never lost to a white guy. I've lost to some black guys, but never a white guy! But it isn't about race. Denzel and Forest are GOOD. (and they happen to be black) and I've lost to THEM. But I have NEVER lost to a white guy. So this isn't some petty thing about me not being nominated. Cause I would crush the **** outta the white folks.

I don't understand the coverage this is getting.

1 ) Where are the Latinos and Asians? You don't see them complaining. There are more Latinos than African Americans in the USA.

2 ) Which African American Actor in 2015 had a performance worthy of an oscar? This to me is most important.

3 ) Straight out of Compton is nominated for an award.

4 ) Hollywood has diversified roles, casting African American Actors in characters typically portrayed by Caucasian.

5 ) I do have some info on Will Smith because I know a guy who worked on the Django Unchained film. Smith was angry and declined the lead role because he said No F'n way is anyone going to call me a you know what. Jaime Foxx gladly took the role. He also cheats on his wife and has his own party busses full of women. His comment here can be viewed as racists and petty. First Smith says its not about race, then he gets's racial. Very disappointing.

Say what? You saw that and still think it?