• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Wk 4 Steelers at Houston…. it’s a Trap! Pregame

I agree with you except that Green was truly being played out of position. It may very well turn out that he does in fact suck at the right position. It will just be really bad if he doesn’t actually suck with proper coaching.
And not that hard to believe because they do suck

A trap game is a game that you should easily win, but overlook your opponent. This team is not good enough to win easily or overlook an opponent.

Steelers are only 3 point favorite so it should not be a trap. But, it’s still a trap if the team THINKS they are good enough to win easily. Tomlin has a long record of coming out flat against what are thought to be bad teams.

How good are Houston's tackles?
well their left tackle is Josh Jones who the Texans traded for from AZ right before the season started and he is out of University of Houston so of course he is excellent

but I hope Highsmith beats him like he stole something

well their left tackle is Josh Jones who the Texans traded for from AZ right before the season started and he is out of University of Houston so of course he is excellent

but I hope Highsmith beats him like he stole something
thanks-- Me Too!
Whose on the other side?

Tomlin could easily overlook them but CJ Stroud has looked very good in his short career. He is averaging over 300 y/g, 7.5 p/a only 4 tds but 0 ints, and is completing his passes at nearly 65%. He was my only first round graded QB the last two years. So far he looks the part. I hope that is enough to make this team realize they are coming off a win and have looked better every week.

That said.

Texans 24
Steelers 17

Tomlin could easily overlook them but CJ Stroud has looked very good in his short career. He is averaging over 300 y/g, 7.5 p/a only 4 tds but 0 ints, and is completing his passes at nearly 65%. He was my only first round graded QB the last two years. So far he looks the part. I hope that is enough to make this team realize they are coming off a win and have looked better every week.

That said.

Texans 24
Steelers 17
CJ's qb rating and stats improved when Dell was inserted as a starter week 2....now it could also be that week 1 was against the ravens and that is why but I tend to think it is all because of Tank Dell

CJ's qb rating and stats improved when Dell was inserted as a starter week 2....now it could also be that week 1 was against the ravens and that is why but I tend to think it is all because of Tank Dell
If you remember correctly I had Dell higher on my board than any draft board I saw. In fact I had Dell and Nacau firmly as early second round picks.

If you remember correctly I had Dell higher on my board than any draft board I saw. In fact I had Dell and Nacau firmly as early second round picks.
yep

you even had him higher than I did. I figured his size would have him slip to round 3

it is funy though that the Texans list him at 5'10"

Houston's offense is better than Pittsburgh's right now. They are doing it with a rookie QB, a worse OL starting Kendrick Green, and worse skill players. Plus a rookie coaching staff.

Here's a breakdown on Stroud in what looks like a real NFL passing game instead of whatever the steelers do

Hopefully are D brings their A game and dominates. With a rookie QB and suspect OL...I can see our D making a bunch of plays. Our O will need all the help they can get. Short fields will be a PLUS.

Houston's offense is better than Pittsburgh's right now. They are doing it with a rookie QB, a worse OL starting Kendrick Green, and worse skill players. Plus a rookie coaching staff.

Here's a breakdown on Stroud in what looks like a real NFL passing game instead of whatever the steelers do

Also, I will say.....I hope this is the week our TEs get involved a bit in the passing attack. I read possibly Pickett has at times zero authority to audible....with the opposing defenses consistently putting 9, 10, and /or 11 players with in 5 yards of the LOS this has to change. Let Pickett change the play and torch the opposition.

I have zero faith Tomlin will have this team ready and I think Houston drops 27 points on us. so we better find a way to get the offense going

That said.

Texans 24
Steelers 17
Luckily the Steelers are a better draft evaluator and I trust their first round grade on Kenny.

I know some of you guys like this guy but he is nothing but cooch with a window dressing. Always dissing Kenny and has the same agenda type posting as cooch.

Tell the board how you were doxed by a poster using your last name that is present in every article you write for Steeler nation. Then you went and reported it.

Yeah I see you for what you are a colossal twatwaffle. Nobody will convince me different.

yep

you even had him higher than I did. I figured his size would have him slip to round 3

it is funy though that the Texans list him at 5'10"
You would think after the combine to just put your correct measurements. I mean a simple google search can find your real height. Maybe after a few years you might be able to add some LB's on but not inches.

The more I deep dive into this matchup, the more I think we should win fairly well… which make me worried that we will blow it for some reason…
You would think after the combine to just put your correct measurements. I mean a simple google search can find your real height. Maybe after a few years you might be able to add some LB's on but not inches.

As weird as it sounds, players cheat that height test on occasion.. besides the typical ways, some have used prosthetic head and foot extensions to add inches… they add an inch or an inch and a fragment then the teams add another inch or 2 when they list them in their rosters… thats why you see CA3 standing next to Conner Heyward and Heyward looks so much bigger than just 3 inches… Ca3 is probably closer to 5’7 than 5’9…..

The more I deep dive into this matchup, the more I think we should win fairly well… which make me worried that we will blow it for some reason…

As weird as it sounds, players cheat that height test on occasion.. besides the typical ways, some have used prosthetic head and foot extensions to add inches… they add an inch or an inch and a fragment then the teams add another inch or 2 when they list them in their rosters… thats why you see CA3 standing next to Conner Heyward and Heyward looks so much bigger than just 3 inches… Ca3 is probably closer to 5’7 than 5’9…..
CA3 measured 5'-7.75" at the combine. You might be able to stretch and gain a little length. Kind of like what Kenny did with his hands. I think all his stretching gained him 1/8" in hand size. So maybe you can gain an half inch or so with stretching.

why exactly?

i am not too concerned with the Texans run game, but their passing game has been solid

why exactly?

i am not too concerned with the Texans run game, but their passing game has been solid
Because the "strength" of their team is their defense, which statistically is rated higher than the Steelers in passing (yards against), rushing (yards against) and yards per game. And, only trails the Steelers in points allowed per game by a single point. Now, I realize that SF game throws the Steelers stats a little out of whack, but that young and evolving defense against our offense concerns (not scares) me. As does the battle of wits between DeMarco Ryans and Canada (which actually does kind of scare me).

Because the "strength" of their team is their defense, which statistically is rated higher than the Steelers in passing (yards against), rushing (yards against) and yards per game. And, only trails the Steelers in points allowed per game by a single point. Now, I realize that SF game throws the Steelers stats a little out of whack, but that young and evolving defense against our offense concerns (not scares) me. As does the battle of wits between DeMarco Ryans and Canada (which actually does kind of scare me).
i highlighted too much of his comment

I should have stopped at the point where he said the Steelers should win rather easily. that is what I was questioning