• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Women Treat Men Like Crap; Pittsburgh Ahead Of The Curve

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Meanwhile, boys are falling behind girls academically, perhaps because relentless and well-funded focus has been placed on girls' achievement in the past few decades and little to none on the boys who are now achieving lower grades, fewer honors, fewer degrees and less marketable information economy skills. Boys' literacy, in particular, is in crisis throughout the West. We've been obsessing so much over girls, we haven't noticed that boys have slipped into serious academic trouble.

This is an absolute truth. I recall that about 20 years ago, a study investigating classroom interaction in grade school and high school was published, and a veritable shriek of protest came from women, regarding the finding that male students who raised their hands were more likely to get called on than their female counterparts.

OUTRAGEOUS!! SEXIST!!!

So I bothered the read the study, and you know what the protesters failed to mention? All of the following:

1. The teachers were almost universally female.
2. The teachers stated that they tried to call on male students who raised their hands to keep them involved in the class.
3. Other research showed that male students did not respond as well to the "sit-and-listen" approach as did female students.
4. The study showed that male students were less interested in the subjects being taught than their female counterparts.
5. The authors of the 1994 study argued that the teachers imposed less discipline on male students as compared to female students, but a statistical analysis of that claim (based on review of the classroom videos used by the study authors) showed it was simply not true. Males did engage in "disruptive" behavior more often (mainly, stating an answer without waiting to be called on), but were "punished" no less frequently than female students. In truth, the opposite was true.

http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream/handle/2027.42/85259/rdlasnow.pdf?sequence=1

6. Yet the myth continues that females receive less teacher attention in the classroom, and that gender bias adversely affects female students.
7. That myth is frankly bizarre, considering that (a) 56% of college students are now female and (b) that percentage is expected to increase even more over the next 10 years to something near 60%.

figure-cha-1.gif

8. The simple fact is that the following type of thought permeates public education today:

"Gender stereotypes are also at play, the authors found. Boys have historically been trained to think that they needn’t obey rules or work hard because men used to be able to drop out of high school and still earn wages comparable to better-educated women, thanks to jobs in fields like manufacturing, construction and travel. That’s not the case anymore."

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2013/02/21/new-book-explains-why-women-outpace-men-education

That comment is not only wrong, it is astoundingly, astonishingly, stupendously, incredibly, amazingly wrong. But that view of male students by (primarily) female teachers results, not surprisingly, in male students becoming less interested in classroom activities and related studies.

The facts are inconvenient to some, but necessary for all.

My neighbor's kid is like the article. Graduated high school, got a decent job in the manufacturing plant where his dad works so he's not lazy, but lives in the basement and hangs out with his buds. Has no interest in girls, just plays video games and drinks beer. At least the kid has good taste and favors IPA's.

"Gender stereotypes are also at play, the authors found. Boys have historically been trained to think that they needn’t obey rules or work hard because men used to be able to drop out of high school and still earn wages comparable to better-educated women, thanks to jobs in fields like manufacturing, construction and travel. That’s not the case anymore."

That hasn't been the case where I live for about 35 years, if it ever was true.

Last edited:
You will get called a woman hater for posting this Ron. But its 100% True and you don't draw flack till you are over the target. My nephew is one of these young guys that has done the math and decided not to play the relationship game. He says he just cant afford to have a girlfriend. You also have to wonder about how many young men have seen their fathers destroyed by their mothers and opted out because they just don't want to go through the emotional devastation again and this time first hand. All and all you will find that men are still going to work, paying taxes and contributing to society they are just not doing it while catering to a woman and her needs and women cant stand that ****,

You will get called a woman hater for posting this Ron. But its 100% True and you don't draw flack till you are over the target. My nephew is one of these young guys that has done the math and decided not to play the relationship game. He says he just cant afford to have a girlfriend. You also have to wonder about how many young men have seen their fathers destroyed by their mothers and opted out because they just don't want to go through the emotional devastation again and this time first hand. All and all you will find that men are still going to work, paying taxes and contributing to society they are just not doing it while catering to a woman and her needs and women cant stand that ****,

Ron Jr's first two girlfriends in college were psychotic. For better or worse he's a tall smart good-looking kid that girls think "I want me some of that". Luckily those two didn't turn him off women and he met a girl in grad school who's real nice and normal, and pretty to boot.

if you ******* learned to buy your women diamond collars this **** would never happen

There are some kernels of truth in this article but it's a bit self-pitying. Men have not always been innocent angels in relationships, some of the backlash they are seeing has been earned.

The years I spent dating were filled with many ******* guys who sent mixed messages and were willing to say and do just about anything in the pursuit of one goal-getting laid. Many had no feelings or empathy for the women they used and hurt so it's kind of funny to see them crying about the mixed messages they are getting from women. Sorry you are getting a taste of your own medicine guys.

I would say that the way schools are operating along with the facts that we are numbing boys and young men out simply because they learn differently than females and the lack of male teachers is a verifiable fact. Its going to be a problem later because as our birthrate falls our labor pool will shrink and we will be forced to allow more workers in from the third world. The dirty secret is that you still need physically more robust male bodies to do most of the heavy labor jobs. No mater what the RadFems say the real world can't be gender normed.

The years I spent dating were filled with many ******* guys who sent mixed messages and were willing to say and do just about anything in the pursuit of one goal-getting laid. Many had no feelings or empathy for the women they used and hurt so it's kind of funny to see them crying about the mixed messages they are getting from women. Sorry you are getting a taste of your own medicine guys.

So you are saying that women want something more than sex in a relationship? Hmmmm. Interesting

There are some kernels of truth in this article but it's a bit self-pitying. Men have not always been innocent angels in relationships, some of the backlash they are seeing has been earned.

So then..........women could put an end to this crap tomorrow ad save us all some grief by just gettin' up off that stuff.