• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Women’s March Organizers Plan a Women’s Strike

The irony here yesterday was women trying to find daycare to participate in the day without women.

I don't get what rights they have lost. I mean, unless like JMM said, they are losing their right for taxpayers to pay for their birth control, abortions, etc. Cripes, people of all walks of life have more opportunities now than at any point in history. Stuff like this is ridiculous.

I really just don't get what rights are being taken away from women.

Judging from the ones I've seen protesting, it's the right to be attractive.

Funny-Feminism-demotivational-posters-05.jpg

I keep hearing the pay inequality thing that women only make 87% or so of what men make. I can only speak of what I see as a pharmacist. I supervise 6 other pharmacists and 11 technicians, the majority of the female pharmacists and technicians make more money than their male counterparts. So when talking apples to apples this doesn't fly, at least in my world.

So I can only assume they are complaining that a male lawyer makes more money than a female clerk at Walmart.

This thread is downright cold in ways. I LOVE it.

Did this happen yesterday? didn't see/ hear anything about it

Did this happen yesterday? didn't see/ hear anything about it

It was covered on the news last night.
From what I can understand, it's more just a protest against Donald Trump in the guise of a Women's Rights protest.

Talking with a liberal friend of mine, when I asked her what rights were being infringed, the best she could answer with was - 'we just don't think a misogynist should be President and they're doing everything in their power to get him impeached'.

Seems to me that's the only goal for the ultra liberal minded people in the government and in the media -- get the President Impeached. So basically, it's not about doing anything productive for the country.

I keep hearing the pay inequality thing that women only make 87% or so of what men make. I can only speak of what I see as a pharmacist. I supervise 6 other pharmacists and 11 technicians, the majority of the female pharmacists and technicians make more money than their male counterparts. So when talking apples to apples this doesn't fly, at least in my world.

So I can only assume they are complaining that a male lawyer makes more money than a female clerk at Walmart.

I heard someone on talk radio say it's because they average earnings not salaries which takes in to account leave for pregnancy, child care, etc. If that is true, it seems like a apples to oranges comparison.

The wage gap does disappear when you compare apples to apples. Most of it stems from men working more hours and jobs that get shift differentials for the crappy hours (nights and weekends).

y'all are ********. i respect women.

8au4rck.gif~c200

I heard someone on talk radio say it's because they average earnings not salaries which takes in to account leave for pregnancy, child care, etc. If that is true, it seems like a apples to oranges comparison.

Along that line of thought is an article that puts feminism in perspective.

n a comment that will no doubt outrage the feminist left, Paglia praised men for taking on the most dangerous jobs in society.

It is an absolute outrage how so many pampered, affluent, upper-middle-class professional women chronically spout snide anti-male feminist rhetoric, while they remain completely blind to the constant labor and sacrifices going on all around them as working-class men create and maintain the fabulous infrastructure that makes modern life possible in the Western world. Only a tiny number of women want to enter the trades where most of the nitty-gritty physical work is actually going on—plumbing, electricity, construction. Women have played virtually no role in the erection of those magnificent towers in every major city in the world. It’s men who operate the cranes or set the foundations or wash windows on the 85th floor. It’s men who troop out at 2:00 AM during an ice storm to restore power to neighborhoods where falling trees have brought down live wires. It’s men who mix the stinking, toxic cauldrons to spread steaming hot tar on city roofs. Last year in a nearby town, I drove by a huge, chaotic scene where emergency workers in hazmat suits were struggling with a giant pipe break, as raw sewage was pouring into the street. Of course all those workers up to their knees in a torrent of thick brown water were men! I’ve seen figures indicating that 92 per cent of people killed on the job are men—and it’s precisely because men are heroically doing most of the dangerous jobs in modern society.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/...-snide-anti-male-feminist-rhetoric-interview/

Along that line of thought is an article that puts feminism in perspective.

Very true. Along these same lines historically have been men who go to war. In my opinion, Feminism is a lie against nature and all that is good about humankind. Men defend, build, labor and fight for man's existence. Women nurture, calm, grow, caretake, beautify and sustain the family. All else is nomadic, chaotic and disheartening.

So you guys get clued in on world news. It worked in Iceland.