• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

WRs coach is gone, found new gig......

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Stewart wasn't the actual WR coach. He was a low level assistant that Tomlin brought in so he could gain experience. Apparently as a favor to his friend, and former WVU HC Bill Stewart. Frisman Jackson was the actual WR coach .... Given that DJ still runs backwards, Claypool never progressed and Miller can't make it off the practice squad, Frisman should be looking for other employment also.

Stewart wasn't the actual WR coach. He was a low level assistant that Tomlin brought in so he could gain experience. Apparently as a favor to his friend, and former WVU HC Bill Stewart. Frisman Jackson was the actual WR coach .... Given that DJ still runs backwards, Claypool never progressed and Miller can't make it off the practice squad, Frisman should be looking for other employment also.

I actually think Jackson will be ok… it was his first year… things regressed a lot under Hilliard the past few years. I didn’t expect miracles right away… if he gets Pickens routes to a higher level, i will be happy this year

I also don’t think we bring in another assistant wr coach… that will be the slot we bring a sr offensive assistant in with

In fact, i think there are at least three younger coaches with potential on the team…jackson , who has a lot of college coaching experience but has only been in the NFL since 2020… i think the RB coach is the best since Hoak retired and Grady Brown is going to be something someday…

I was hoping They bring in experience help because they need it. I can't believe that something couldn't be done with ClayPUFF, he was the right size / speed / everything except inside the head.

Salute the nation

I was hoping They bring in experience help because they need it. I can't believe that something couldn't be done with ClayPUFF, he was the right size / speed / everything except inside the head.

Salute the nation
Claypool's biggest issue was he was soft. And couldn't catch the ball. He most likely would still be here if not for those reasons.

Claypool's biggest issue was he was soft. And couldn't catch the ball. He most likely would still be here if not for those reasons.
The minute a wide receiver tells me what he was going to do I'd be looking to move him. As soon as you start to put pressure on yourself........done.

I don’t think he was soft… he was a physical blocker… his issues were twofold.. he didn’t track the ball as well as he should have and he routinely tried to self adjust routes into deeper shots trying to always hit home runs

He did this thing that probably made qbs want to brain him where he would have his dude beat on a deep route, then intermittently slow up to look for the ball, then speed up to try to get to the throw… which would be too far and even if it wasn’t the db was caught up by then …

It was pretty cool what Tomlin did for Stewart. Also, I think this is an actual promotion for a member of Tomlin's staff.

I don’t think he was soft… he was a physical blocker… his issues were twofold.. he didn’t track the ball as well as he should have and he routinely tried to self adjust routes into deeper shots trying to always hit home runs

He did this thing that probably made qbs want to brain him where he would have his dude beat on a deep route, then intermittently slow up to look for the ball, then speed up to try to get to the throw… which would be too far and even if it wasn’t the db was caught up by then …
Maybe ...maybe not. Any type of contact would usually dislodge the ball. I think that is soft. Just my take.

It was pretty cool what Tomlin did for Stewart. Also, I think this is an actual promotion for a member of Tomlin's staff.

Baby steps young PaDawna, baby steps…….

I would like to see Coach Tomlin’s coaching tree spread and branch endlessly. It would be a GOOD indication !!!!

Salute the nation

PS

I think ClayPUFF was soft as well. He very very seldom won a contested catch. That in itself tells me he was soft In that regards.

Salute the nation

Spot on Buckeye. Bill Stewart was good friends with Tomlin and Mike knew Blaine since he was a little kid. He brought Blaine on as a team assistant first as an internship to give him a taste of coaching. When Blaine stayed on for a couple years as an actual coaching assistant it was with the understanding he would be going back to UWVa with enough experience for a position coach. This year he got the chance. Hope it works out for him, he’s got a future in the business.

Spot on Buckeye. Bill Stewart was good friends with Tomlin and Mike knew Blaine since he was a little kid. He brought Blaine on as a team assistant first as an internship to give him a taste of coaching. When Blaine stayed on for a couple years as an actual coaching assistant it was with the understanding he would be going back to UWVa with enough experience for a position coach. This year he got the chance. Hope it works out for him, he’s got a future in the business.
Hope it works out well for him too. I really liked Coach Stewart. I'm surprised his son wants to coach for WVU after his dad was run out of town by Oliver Luck in favor of Holgerson. It's really been downhill ever since for WVU football.

Canada mismanaged his weapons. Claypool could thrive with a proper coordinator. I think Pickens could’ve taken a lot of pressure off of Claypool.

The talent is there but Canada just doesn’t know what thee eff he is doing