• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Xavier Grimble Signs Tender

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
By Brandon J. Wallace SteelerNation.com Tuesday, Pittsburgh Steelers‘ tight end Xavier Grimble signed his original-round tender. This means Grimble will remain with the organization for at least one more season until the team decides on what they what to do with him. Grimble finished the 2018 season with just six catches for 86 yards. His […]

More...

S'all right, "he knows the system".

this is one of those that makes me scratch my head.
2.2 million for that production?

The standard is the standard

He has sucked since he got here. He drops passes. 2.2 million? Tombert is a fool.

He hasn’t been used properly, knows the system,
Steelers can’t roll into the season
with one often injured TE
Especially when we run a lot of 2
TE sets. Fant is the pick or a move up

Jesse's departure helped his cause IMO. But I thought he took a step back last season and is a fringe roster player.

The salary isn’t a front office decision. It’s a CBA one. They tendered him the lowest amount for his years in the league. It would be no different with any other street free agent. But don’t worry we still have Bucky Hodges on the roster.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

I like Grimble. I liked him at USC. His blocking has been fair. I just hope next time he decides to truck someone to protect the ball better

He hasn’t been used properly, knows the system,
Steelers can’t roll into the season
with one often injured TE
Especially when we run a lot of 2
TE sets. Fant is the pick or a move up
I believe they stashed a TE on the practice squad last year who was IR'd. I believe his name was Jake McGee. Not sure how good he is but they must like him in order to keep him when he was out for the year.

Sent from my VS988 using Steeler Nation mobile app

So so player and like slash stated, he progressed backwards a little. I bet he matured a lot as to truck VS touch-down...........

Salute the nation

I believe they stashed a TE on the practice squad last year who was IR'd. I believe his name was Jake McGee. Not sure how good he is but they must like him in order to keep him when he was out for the year.

Sent from my VS988 using Steeler Nation mobile app

McGee is a decent blocker and nothing more

He needs to play more he has made some hard catches. Yea I know he fumbled trying to make a TD but one play is not a killer unless you are Brown blaming Ben

He needs to play more he has made some hard catches. Yea I know he fumbled trying to make a TD but one play is not a killer unless you are Brown blaming Ben

Don't you mean Big Chest blaming JuJu............... That's a one play blame and when saggy-nuts was blaming BEN I think he was reffering to many plays / seasons. **** brown as this is a TE thread.

With Saint James chosing not to play for the "kardashion" anymore, Grimble should get more opertunities to prove he is better than credited. I HOPE he makes a step up and shows us that he can capitalize on the oppertunity !!!

Salute the nation

Don't you mean Big Chest blaming JuJu............... That's a one play blame and when saggy-nuts was blaming BEN I think he was reffering to many plays / seasons. **** brown as this is a TE thread.

With Saint James chosing not to play for the "kardashion" anymore, Grimble should get more opertunities to prove he is better than credited. I HOPE he makes a step up and shows us that he can capitalize on the oppertunity !!!

Salute the nation

i was a big jesse fan and thought hje was pretty decent/good. i knoiw a lot of people said he was slow, couldnt catch, wa an average blocker, had no YAC etc etc................with all that being said, grimble still couldnt see the field ahead of jesse
i don have high hopes for him.

Position will need to be addressed in the first three rounds. They will have to find a player that you could legitimately put out their for major snaps. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they took Fant round one. But he has issues too. Then it kinda cliffs after that. Smith is 6'2 and I didn't even no NFL TEs could be that short.

i was a big jesse fan and thought hje was pretty decent/good. i knoiw a lot of people said he was slow, couldnt catch, wa an average blocker, had no YAC etc etc................with all that being said, grimble still couldnt see the field ahead of jesse
i don have high hopes for him.

Don't kid yourself, JAMES was barely average and NO Grimble isn't the answer. BUT Grimble is still on this team and as of right now I have to hope he improves just like I did when Jesse was still on this team, hope he will improve to. One thing though, Grimble tried to truck and failed yet james wasn't a trucker, as in pretty easy to bring down. JAMES was what he was and he was given an opportunity when HEATH retired. Although very BIG shoes to fill, James never sniffed four sizes smaller. I wish him good luck in his new endeavors but right NOW I'm hoping we acquire someone better than Grimble. Keep on truckiN

Salute the nation

i envision foster moreau being selected by us in the 4th or 5th.
the big boys showed up to lsu proday and then had him in as one of their official visits.
they must have saw something they liked, but based on his stats, he doesnt look to be a receiving threat
not sure what to think about their interest in him. i think we can find a blocking TE as an udfa

1 ilb bush
2 TE Fant
3 A CB Johnson
3 B WR Sills

Devin Bush is getting quite a bit of heat right now. Far more than Vander Esche did last year and he went long before the Steelers could possibly have afforded a trade. I guess theoretically Fant could fall, but that's a long ways to 2.20.