• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

XFL Thread

Maybe front side. I see helmet and shoulder to Rivers shoulder chest. I'm sure you are right.

Hines crowns his helmet into Rivers jaw.

No worries !!!

Salute the nation

Last edited:
Xfl run by espn/ disney/ ABC. Usfl run by fox sports. Could those two entities merge? I suppose it depends on the money is who would exit.

Jerry Jones was awfully interested in this last year. I wouldn't be surprised if he invested. Probably not the only one of note.

My dream would be both XFL & USFL became the new NFL.

But I already know that the NFL would never allow it unless they controlled it.

Salute the nation

Just watched the condensed replay of the game Ward coached. He lost in the last seconds, but it was cool.

We probably should have kept Belage, based on that, however legit that show is.

I like the 1, 2, 3 PAT thing. Keeps urgency in the game.
I actually like some of the new rules. The 4th and 15 instead of the onside kick kept the St. Louis team in it. Not sure I would like that in the NFL but for a semi-pro league I liked it. Made it exciting until the end. Unlike the Super Bowl that ended with a kneel down. The extra point thing was something I wouldn't hate for the NFL to adopt. I wouldn't get rid of the extra point kick but I would ad on maybe a 3-pt conversion option and make it very difficult. But a team that scored and are still down by 3 or 10 it might make since to go for it.

My dream would be both XFL & USFL became the new NFL.

But I already know that the NFL would never allow it unless they controlled it.

Salute the nation
Past attempts have shown. The market does not care about spring football. Every spring football league has folded at some point. The nfl will always be king of football followed by or rivaled by college football

Past attempts have shown. The market does not care about spring football. Every spring football league has folded at some point. The nfl will always be king of football followed by or rivaled by college football
They would care if it was a better product. But when you are stocked with QBs that make Rudy the red nosed third stringer look good, you can only get so excited.

BTW this new version started out with significantly lower ratings than the last XFL. Soon they will have to stick an E on the front.

When the NFL sponsored the World League which became NFL Europe, they allocated players to the teams. You would see a small Steeler (or other team) logo on the back of the helmet. Pretty much the whole NFL practice squad played. Tons of QBs too like Brad Johnson, Jake Delhomme, Kurt Warner and others played. It was a success but became expensive so the NFL let it die.

NFL Europe was great for developing QBs.

College football was a farm system for years because most of the top programs ran pro style offense and defense. It too time to develop QBs but defensive players and OL came ready to play. That has changed with most teams using some hybrid version of air raid or read option. Couple that with the concussion hysteria that saw NFL and college limiting contact and now the positions that need development are OL and defense. Positions that hit.

The NFL needs a developmental league where you can actually teach and practice contact. Where fundamentals can once again be taught.

When the NFL sponsored the World League which became NFL Europe, they allocated players to the teams. You would see a small Steeler (or other team) logo on the back of the helmet. Pretty much the whole NFL practice squad played. Tons of QBs too like Brad Johnson, Jake Delhomme, Kurt Warner and others played. It was a success but became expensive so the NFL let it die.

NFL Europe was great for developing QBs.

College football was a farm system for years because most of the top programs ran pro style offense and defense. It too time to develop QBs but defensive players and OL came ready to play. That has changed with most teams using some hybrid version of air raid or read option. Couple that with the concussion hysteria that saw NFL and college limiting contact and now the positions that need development are OL and defense. Positions that hit.

The NFL needs a developmental league where you can actually teach and practice contact. Where fundamentals can once again be taught.

Great post tapeANspirin2it, thanks for all your great ones along theSalute the nation way.

Can’t dispute anything.

ADD in the new College Money and some of those kids are just going to cash in and finish college then Life’s Work. The NFL is continually being watered.

College was the NFL “farm” system for many years with NO money exchanging hands……. Well the free ride is over.

It’s fitting though, the GREED MACHINE getting reverse GREED from College MACHINE.

Salute the nation

Reactions: MTC
Great post tapeANspirin2it, thanks for all your great ones along theSalute the nation way.

Can’t dispute anything.

ADD in the new College Money and some of those kids are just going to cash in and finish college then Life’s Work. The NFL is continually being watered.

College was the NFL “farm” system for many years with NO money exchanging hands……. Well the free ride is over.

It’s fitting though, the GREED MACHINE getting reverse GREED from College MACHINE.

Salute the nation
Cannot blame the kids cashing out early.

Career nfl guys big contracts are more through marketing. If you can grab a few big sponsorships during your career, the contract money can be set aside until retirement.

I know I’d like to preserve my body and brain to enjoy retirement. That’s just common sense

Personally I prefer the college game as do many of the football fans I know, I’m sure NFL probably still wins the ratings battle though

College definitely a far superior product to XFL USFL, no question

Personally I prefer the college game as do many of the football fans I know, I’m sure NFL probably still wins the ratings battle though

As do I. I attended UGA where college football is life lol. So always prefer Saturdays in the fall.

The nfl is still top dawg in the sports world.

I agree with most of this until the college game is a blow out. Somewhere in my busy life I feel a 46-12 football game isn’t worth my time to watch. ADD in the even larger blow outs and they become irrelevant.

For the most part, evenly matched teams are very good watching. Young / Hungry / pride all combine to form a good product.

Compare that to the NFL entitlement, which is a downer. MOST nfl games are not the blow-out colleges get, the leagues keeps them close enough to keep the fan watching (ratings count).

Salute the nation

College games are also ridiculously long, pushing four hours. The replay system is a disaster and takes away so much excitement from the game.

As do I. I attended UGA where college football is life lol. So always prefer Saturdays in the fall.

The nfl is still top dawg in the sports world.
Also a UGA die hard
This may be why we prefer college ball 😂

Reactions: MTC
I agree with most of this until the college game is a blow out. Somewhere in my busy life I feel a 46-12 football game isn’t worth my time to watch. ADD in the even larger blow outs and they become irrelevant.

For the most part, evenly matched teams are very good watching. Young / Hungry / pride all combine to form a good product.

Compare that to the NFL entitlement, which is a downer. MOST nfl games are not the blow-out colleges get, the leagues keeps them close enough to keep the fan watching (ratings count).

Salute the nation
Something about the fans going wild, the band jammin’ and kids fighting for that big paycheck in the NFL that just reigns supreme for me…that and Goodell just keeps making the NFL worse

But yeah blowouts are the one down side-those “tune up” tomato can games which are basically NFL preseason where ya get to see the freshmen in the 2nd half and see if they can hold that 5 TD lead 😂

But a good SEC rivalry game, hard to beat

Something about the fans going wild, the band jammin’ and kids fighting for that big paycheck in the NFL that just reigns supreme for me…that and Goodell just keeps making the NFL worse

But yeah blowouts are the one down side-those “tune up” tomato can games which are basically NFL preseason where ya get to see the freshmen in the 2nd half and see if they can hold that 5 TD lead 😂

I hear yayz all the way.

I too, like the hunger of the College players. It is very evident on the field of play. VS the field of play in the NFL.

The college players are young enough to actually still care of win & loss whereas the NFL player gets full paycheck regardless of win/loss. That right there might be the sole of difference between the two.

Salute the nation

Add in Kirby Smart animated on the sidelines.

Not to mention the locker room leaks when he’s giving speeches.

I’m ready to roll myself hearing all that