• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Yay or Nay? Week 11 in Los Angeles

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Last week, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Steeler Nation got hit by the COVID protocols—this time taking Ben Roethlisberger out of the matchup against the Detroit Lions; Minkah Fitzpatrick the day after. The Steelers head to the west coast for a showdown with playoff implications halfway through the season against the Los Angeles Chargers.

Make no mistake. The margin for error is thinner than thin. It is going to take a near-perfect run the rest of the way out. The schedule only gets tougher. The good news is that Big Ben is expected to be back this week. The bad news is the offensive line is down Kevin Dotson; the defense is down multiple starters. With last week being such an ugly struggle and the odds stacked against them going into LA, it only makes sense the Steelers are right where they want to be.

Last week we went 2-3 in our Yay or Nay for Detroit… How will it look this week?

Post-3290-300x200.jpg

The Steelers rush for over 142 yards​

The Chargers rank dead last in the NFL against the run. That’s right. 32 of 32. So it only makes sense we’ll see more passes than not. However, with Ben back in the lineup, it could be beneficial for the run game.

YAY

Steelers defense allows another big ground attack​

It was pathetic for 3 quarters last week. It might’ve been just as deciding as the two fumbles in OT last week as well. The Steelers simply got out-schemed and it took way too long to figure it out. This week, they will have to be prepared better. Teams saw how to really exploit this front 7.

YAY

Devin-Bush-Lions-e1637183718955-300x201.jpg

Devin Bush forces a turnover​

While he is coming off of an ACL injury, the Steeler Nation has been buzzing over frustration with Devin Bush—the number 10 overall pick in 2019. I think it is (mostly) unfair to him due to the fact he is in that first year post-knee surgery. It usually isn’t until year 2 of post-surgery that there is comfort and a return to form.

NAY

Karl Joseph sees considerable playing time​

With Dotson placed on IR, Karl Joseph is being elevated from the practice squad. This is especially crucial with Minkah Fitzpatrick being ruled out for Sunday. Surely he’ll see a chunk of snaps due to his veteran status… right?

YAY

GettyImages-1175760362-300x169.jpg

CARSON, CA – OCTOBER 13: Fans cheer as the Los Angeles Chargers take on the Pittsburgh Steelers look in the first quarter at Dignity Health Sports Park October 13, 2019 in Carson, California. (Photo by Denis Poroy/Getty Images)

Steeler Nation TAKES OVER L.A.​

Do I really have to expand upon this? If Steeler Nation DOESN’T takes over… I will be disappointed. Well I guess I shouldn’t be shocked since the Heinz Field attendance numbers aren’t very good (HINT, DO BETTER!!!!)

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..